Thursday, 02-May-24, 4:54 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
June Date: Saturday, 14-Jun-14, 4:04 PM | Message # 241
Bee's Knees

Thanks Ivana for finding this for us. You have been very busy!!! biggrin

June Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 2:25 PM | Message # 242
Bee's Knees

Vogue Hombre June 2014 Translation. Nothing new, just if someone wants to know what it said.

WITH A STRONG STYLE

The new essence Gentlemen Only Intense will put intensity on high voltage and steal sighs all around the world.

To define a real gentleman is not an easy matter but, without a doubt, when one of them is found on the way, he is recognizable immediately. For the fragrances of Givenchy there’s no better example than Simon Baker. The Australian actor, star in the film The Devil Wears Prada and the TV series The Mentalist, is also the lead of the advertising campaign of the most recent Givenchy fragrance, Gentlemen Only Intense, more seductive and avant-garde than its predecessor, Gentlemen Only. The ideal and perfect choice for the occasion.

“Being a gentleman is a shared aspiration for the great majority of men” explained Baker to Vogue sitting on the spacious terrace of the Chateau Marmont’s penthouse, with a spectacular view of Los Angeles below. “We are all human; we all have imperfections, but all also can aspire to be a real gentleman. It’s a classic idea, timeless and, although obviously things have changed over the years, I don’t think we are living in a less gentlemanly time. There has always been rivalry and personal and professional challenges, but that is not reason to behave with rudeness or without etiquette”, Baker says. At first, he tells with total sincerity, he had doubts about if he was the suitable person to represent and be the face of an international brand and with so much exclusive prestige as Givenchy.

Baker assures: “The expectations made me nervous, because it’s a high fashion brand, very avant-garde, and I didn’t know if I could satisfy their needs. But later, when they explained to me that it was a fragrance inspired by the legendary Givenchy Gentleman, created by Hubert de Givenchy, I had no doubts. Immediately I wanted to be part of the project”, concludes.
Baker has achieved what sometimes seems more than impossible in Hollywood: to carry forward a successful career as an actor and director and, at the same time, to keep a solid and stable family life with his partner for the last 22 years, the beautiful actress Rebecca Rigg and their three children: Stella Breeze, Claude Blue and Harry Friday.
“I don’t think it has been hard to keep the balance between both things, but I don’t think either it’s easy for anyone. I’ve been very lucky, because I met a fantastic woman in every way, we decided to create a family and I knew since the beginning that if there was something that I didn’t want to fail in life, it was my role as a family man. It has always been the most important thing for me”.
This is a lesson that the actor learned early. “I came from a broken home, like my wife, and because of that this aspect of our life is so important for the two of us. In many aspects, it has been what has had influence in my professional decisions. To accept my role in The Mentalist, for example, had to do very much with having two kids in school and I wanted to be in the same place for some time, to support them and be with them the most time possible”.
His career, of course, has been the other fundamental base of his life for the last 15 years. “When I arrived to Hollywood my only ambition was to be able to pay the rent”, he confesses smiling, half serious, half joking. “Now, after the huge success that The Mentalist has got, I’m interested in exploring other fields and grow creatively. I would like to direct and act in films more challenging for me. I want to play. I want to take risks. I want to probe movies, more than entertainment, is a way of art too. This is a very exciting moment in my life”.

Message edited by June - Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 0:34 AM

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 3:25 PM | Message # 243
Fair Dinkum

Thank you June, this is a nice article and it seems like an excellent translation smile

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 3:45 PM | Message # 244
Fair Dinkum

Great translation June, thank you!

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 6:02 PM | Message # 245
Fair Dinkum

Another Givenchy article from GQ Italia Magazine March 2014
Thanks to http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com/post....-ipad-i

and her translation

GQ Italia Magazine March 2014 (for iPad)

I haven’t found any link with the text of article, sorry.

I have made a partial translation, I apologise for my poor english (and for mistakes) but I don’t have time to make a more accurate and complete work.

Simon Baker, le gentleman surfer.

TV most famous mentalist pauses the role of investigator and plays the one of gentleman for Givenchy.

I’m shy, I have to force myself into acting.

This morning he didn’t go surfing “It was foggy so I returned to sleep” he confesses.

As any others australian in Los Angeles, he is very tempted by californian waves and gained a respectable reputation on Santa Monica beaches.

………

Despite having reached international fame thanks to The Mentalist you can’t find any trace of stardom’s arrogance in him.

He speaks slowly and calmly with a warm voice “I have been working with the same people for six years, they are like a family to me, I’m going to miss them a lot.”

At the time of our meeting the shootings of the season six are almost ended. “A seven season is still a possibility but we are currently filming the end of a cycle”. He adds.

Is it time to move on? “I’m working on several ideas for different projects, I’d love to direct.” Baker already directed some episodes of The Mentalist and is currently evaluating some scripts.

The mist of the morning went off and now the sun shines on the terrace of the Chateau Marmont hotel.

But does an australian enjoy living here?

"Quality of life is very important for us, we are quite similar to Italians in this aspect i guess. In Australia being succesful is also measured by how you achieves it, not only with the results you obtain. Finding your balance it’s not easy but I think to have found it thanks to my family. In Australia an actor doesn’t have so many opportunity, Los Angeles instead is a hub where everything can happen. The first question they ask you here is not -Who are you?- but -What are you doing now?-"

And along with international stardom, prestigious adverting offers come.

"I’m very shy, so I find acting difficult. It’s a challenge that I like. But when Givenchy asked me to became the testimonial of their new fragrance, I found not having a role to play even more difficoult. Then I realized I only had to be me, because I think that beeing a testimonial implies believe in the brand and putting a lot of yourself into it."

The new fragrance Genleman Only Intense aims to recall a style similar to Hollywood Golden Age.

"With the word gentleman we immediately think to Clark Gable or Geregory Peck but the essence of a true gentleman dwells in the way you deal with other people" he says gently….

If a genteleman can be recognised by small gestures Givenchy couldn’t have made a better choice.

Message edited by Ivana - Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 6:03 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 6:12 PM | Message # 246
Bee's Knees

Another nice article. Thanks very much, Ivana.

bee Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 9:34 PM | Message # 247
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation Ivana. Looking forward to seeing what new projects and challenges Simon has in store when TM finishes.

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 10:21 PM | Message # 248
Bee's Knees

Thanks very much for the translation Ivana. Its a nice artice and Simon is endearing as usual.

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 10:43 PM | Message # 249
Bee's Knees

Thank you so much for the translation, a nice article biggrin

Message edited by Mossibecca - Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 10:45 PM

KathyF Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 11:17 PM | Message # 250
Rip Snorter

Both articles are very well done! Thank you for the translations!

Ivana Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 7:24 AM | Message # 251
Fair Dinkum

Thank you, but the translation is by nice lady from tumblr who posted the article sarapettarini
http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com/post....-ipad-i

Fran Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 10:25 AM | Message # 252
Fair Dinkum

Thanks very much for the mag scans and translations. I thought it would be a quiet time, but still seems pretty busy smile

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 253
Bee's Knees

Apparently Simon attended the State of Origin rugby match in Australia. There is an instagram pic floating around. I'm in a rush now but will try to bring it here later. (his side - New South Wales - won for the first time in several years)

Evy Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 4:39 PM | Message # 254
Fair Dinkum

Quote Hayseed ()
Apparently Simon attended the State of Origin rugby match in Australia. There is an instagram pic floating around. I'm in a rush now but will try to bring it here later. (his side - New South Wales - won for the first time in several years)

He has not attended the match (7th June) where the Australian team has given a good thrashing to the French team ?? tongue tongue tongue

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 4:50 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 5:57 PM | Message # 255
Fair Dinkum

Quote Evy ()
He has not attended the match (7th June) where the Australian team has given a good thrashing to the French team ??

You can't joke with Rugby. This was a day of national mourning facepalm

rolleyes

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz