Thursday, 02-May-24, 2:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Sun Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 11:52 PM | Message # 211
Cobber

Ces françaises plutôt, non? kiss

Fran Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 2:34 PM | Message # 212
Fair Dinkum

Feature in Beligian mag 'Victoire': http://liberation-and-relief.tumblr.com/post....belgian

Update:Easier to read version for French speakers:

Fran Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 2:46 PM | Message # 213
Fair Dinkum

Quote marta75 ()
before it was Gare de Lyon now it's la Gare de l'Est !

Apparently he's in all Paris stations: https://twitter.com/RoMiFrG/status/472455933420142592/photo/1
Seen at Gard du Nord, Montparnasse, Austerlitz, Brussels Midi and shown below at Gare de Lyon:

Ivana Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 3:02 PM | Message # 214
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the link to new intwrview Fran, great pictures. Unfortunatelly it's in pdf and can't be translated and I don't understand a word of it. Can someone tell us is there anything new that we havn't red in previous interviews?

Tanja Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 4:29 PM | Message # 215
Rip Snorter

Ivana, one of my French friends on FB said this : in this he says that the most important is his family and the rest is "spin off products" the fact to be a gentleman is mainly in your acting and the way you treat others and choice to be a gentleman or not proove that you are THE actor of your life§

June Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 5:45 PM | Message # 216
Bee's Knees

France is different! If I were in that station, I would miss constantly my train!

Ivana Date: Saturday, 31-May-14, 8:05 PM | Message # 217
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Tanja smile

Fran Date: Sunday, 01-Jun-14, 11:39 AM | Message # 218
Fair Dinkum

'Victoire' article post updated with easier to read version for French speakers, and also larger versions of photos posted in Gallery.

marta75 Date: Sunday, 01-Jun-14, 3:44 PM | Message # 219
Rip Snorter

Thank you Fran for this very nice article. Nothing really new but the style of the writing is refined and maybe a bit difficult to translate in english.

Ivana Date: Monday, 02-Jun-14, 2:32 PM | Message # 220
Fair Dinkum

Interview in german mag from last week, thanks to Tanja@mentalistgerman
Tanja, is this your twitter and translation?
https://twitter.com/MentalistGerman/status/472440389853806592

Ivana Date: Monday, 02-Jun-14, 2:37 PM | Message # 221
Fair Dinkum

Interview in Beligian mag 'Victoire', translatable text version
http://www.lesoir.be/560787....tudiant

Google translation of interview section:

You are the official gentleman Givenchy. It is there for you?
What defines a gentleman is courtesy and altruism, putting others first. Being a gentleman, chivalrous act, based on how we connect with people. An old fashioned concept that falls steeply in a society where certain values ​​tend to lose as just opening the door for someone or fill a glass before his.

Role of composition?
When I started thinking about this man style, I thought of my mother, who educated me. It was she who taught me all these very simple things, such as walking on the outside of the sidewalk or give up her seat on the bus for older people, regardless of gender. I am sometimes asked if behave like a gentleman, not a sexist attitude nowadays. I do not think so. It is reductive to confine the gentleman attitude to female-male ratio. This includes everyone really. This has more to do with the fact that gives higher priority to comfort other than his own. It is an international passport. All this helped me to connect with people more easily by listening to them.

What is your definition of seduction?
It's weird, I've been married so long that I really do not know! (Laughs) Honestly, I think even in an old couple, there is always a game of seduction permanent. This is the secret stories that last. We are all unique, we can be seduced by different traits in one or in the other, but we all need to be heard and sharing to stay connected to each other. I think that's the key founder of seduction. And feel good too. Just cross a person without seeing and smelling her perfume that our subconscious gets under way. It's all part of the process of connecting with others, create stories about who they are ... What is interesting about the smell of a perfume is that, like its looks or its holding to first encounter with someone we do, consciously or unconsciously, we forge a perspective and an idea of ​​who he is based on its smell ...

How do you prepare for your roles? Perfume, as an emotion vector does help you to get under the skin of your characters?
I had not thought, but I could try. I tend to use music to connect with certain memories, emotional or physical, to help me to immerse myself in some roles. This is an incredible journey back in time. Just like the smell, too. When people ask me what is my first olfactory memory, I answer the zinc cream. It is white and thick, and puts it on his nose to avoid getting sunburn. The smell reminds me of my childhood, when I feel it, I become a kid running in the water.

Are you someone faithful in business, in love, in friendship?
Yes, in the sense of "fair". I commit myself fully in what I do. And my biggest achievement is my family, everything else is a derivative. I am extremely proud. Just as my collaboration with luxury brands. It is a world with which I am not familiar, I feel like a student eternal, constantly learning. In the beginning, I thought, I really do not know fashion, it is an interesting world for me, but do I have to do something different to get involved or is it that I can just be myself yourself? They accepted me as I am and it made much more comfortable situation. I think because of that, I can invest myself completely in all sincerity.

The notion of a gentleman, is not it an old-fashioned thing in 2014?
I think there is a clear break between image and reality, and it is due to conveyed through popular culture references. The English gentleman style today one side a little outdated. It must be given a more contemporary image, because the world has changed. Do not think the relationship between the sexes, but courtesy, etiquette ... My 20 year old daughter, who is studying philosophy, I constantly repeat. In the past, be a gentleman, it was a mandatory thing. Now this is optional. You can choose to be a gentleman or not. And when you have a choice, this implies that is the actor's own life.

AgentM Date: Monday, 02-Jun-14, 8:37 PM | Message # 222
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the translation, Ivana/Tanja. I guess we can get the gist of most of it.

But - 'I'm not a kindmonk, too' ? huh Too funny and cute all at the same time. lol

amanda Date: Monday, 02-Jun-14, 8:53 PM | Message # 223
Cobber

What ever the nationality of the article : it´s always the same questions, and, of course, the same answers. wink

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Jun-14, 8:38 AM | Message # 224
Fair Dinkum

I'm just watching some interviews from my clip collection ...and I see it there too ...so often the same they talk about with Simon. No matter if in Australia or the USA or elsewhere. Don't they have other questions to ask? So many times they talk about Simon going to nursing school! Every fan knows that by now!
But I enjoy watching it anyway biggrin

Evy Date: Tuesday, 03-Jun-14, 9:08 AM | Message # 225
Fair Dinkum

Sometimes I'm asking me if these are real interviews. They could write the article without Simon with all they know about him. wink

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz