Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 10:11 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
marta75 Date: Wednesday, 23-Jul-14, 9:30 PM | Message # 286
Rip Snorter

Simon has great legs kiss

sleepylover215 Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 1:37 AM | Message # 287
Ankle Biter

kim, Interesting to see how the "outside world" views Simon's status. I wouldn't call him "B" list and obviously Givenchy know more than the writer of this article does about his appeal. Thanks for sharing!

kim Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 2:02 AM | Message # 288
Bee's Knees

Quote sleepylover215 ()
kim, Interesting to see how the "outside world" views Simon's status. I wouldn't call him "B" list and obviously Givenchy know more than the writer of this article does about his appeal. Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you, the "B" list comment caught my attention also. Not sure how many other B listers are making the pay per episode that Simon is making on TM. Maybe the B list comment is more a a reflection of the writer than the subject. As far as I am concerned Simon doesn't get a B on any rating scale.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 2:15 AM | Message # 289
Bee's Knees

Also, the writer seems to have forgotten that Brad Pitt, a bona fide A lister, did a perfume commercial a few years ago. The commercial was ridiculously artsy, and after being laughed at on the web, disappeared pretty quickly, I think. Good to know that Givenchy is satisfied with Simon's work. I wonder if Simon does ads, instead of summer movies, because the pay is very good and the work takes less time than a movie, leaving more time to spend with his family.

Here is a link to an article of Baker vs Pitt. http://www.pedestrian.tv/news....445.htm

ruuger Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 2:18 PM | Message # 290
Cobber

I think the B-list refers to the fact that he's primarily a TV-actor (rather than someone who could headline a blockbuster movie, like Johnny Depp). Still odd though, that the article tried to make a poit by comparing him to Alicia Keys, who I wouldn't call A-list either.

Peithon Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 9:42 PM | Message # 291
Rip Snorter

B list refers to the fact he's a TV actor, but the article was crap and not written by someone who has a clue. Now I loves me some Brad Pitt, but his Chanel commercials were pretty bad, an artistic misfire, something he rarely does. It is only in the last few years that A list actors do commercials in the USA - outside of voiceovers, it was considered bad form. That did not hold for overseas, Pitt has done commercials for a very long time in Europe and the Orient when he became a name. When he started he was a Mountain Dew Boy in commercials here. He is bigger overseas than here and so is Simon. Must be the blond thing cool

KathyF Date: Friday, 25-Jul-14, 6:05 AM | Message # 292
Rip Snorter

Where is the article? Am I missing something?

Juney Date: Friday, 25-Jul-14, 5:40 PM | Message # 293
Bee's Knees

I wonder what Simon will do once TM finally comes to an end. sad

Tanja Date: Friday, 25-Jul-14, 5:45 PM | Message # 294
Rip Snorter

He is very talented and all-around man @Juney I bet he has some projects for after the TM era. And for sure he will takes roles in good movies.

Tina Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 8:46 AM | Message # 295
Fair Dinkum

I think too that Simon will have no problems to find a job after TM. Hopefully some really good movies!
I don't want to think about it yet though ...I will miss Jane SOOO much.

Fran Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 9:51 PM | Message # 296
Fair Dinkum

Thanks to Flynns1 for sending this photo of Harry in Harrods London today:

Tanja Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 9:58 PM | Message # 297
Rip Snorter

Thank you Fran! Is the Baker family still not at home?

Evy Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 10:14 PM | Message # 298
Fair Dinkum

Quote Tanja ()
Is the Baker family still not at home?

It seems that they aren't .

Thanks Fran and Flynns1 for the photo.
We didn't know that they are in London.
They are better hidden at London than Paris or fans are more respecful of their privacy wink

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 10:16 PM

Tanja Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 10:17 PM | Message # 299
Rip Snorter

Simon doesn't like go home and to work smile I hope they had great time in Europe!
Thanks @Evy smile

Message edited by Tanja - Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 10:17 PM

bee Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 10:27 PM | Message # 300
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the photo. I'm so pleased Simon and family found time to visit the UK...if only for a short time. At the moment we're having a heatwave and I hope it lasts while they're here! I also think it will be much quieter for Simon here than in France and Spain. I'm just excited he's in the same time zone!!! tongue

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz