Friday, 26-Apr-24, 11:52 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Smileygirl Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 6:22 AM | Message # 931
Dinkie-Di

I think this article says that Simon will spend some time in Paris again after Cannes biggrin I wish I had time to go again too

marta75 Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 1:29 PM | Message # 932
Rip Snorter

See On BFMTV today (traduction) " On the sidelines of the Cannes Festival, La Croisette may also be the place unannounced and surprising encounters. Evoking, Thursday, May 14, the scenes of the first day of the 68th Cannes Film Festival on RTL, Matthias Gurtler, the editor of the magazine Gala told a story about two personalities: Simon Baker and Valérie Damidot.

Turning a stroll by the beach, the future host of NRJ12 crossed the star of The Mentalist, TF1's flagship series. True to its colorful character, the star of the PAF went address the actor to tell him he had been her worst nightmare for years due to the programming of their respective shows.

Indeed, each week, the show D & Co carried by Valérie Damidot on M6 found itself face episodes of the serie Mentalist broadcast on TF1 and taken by Simon Baker. Very often leading the hearings, the detective show then was capable to annoy somewhat the TV presenter. Simon Baker has held to apologize and naturally agreed to pose with former host of D & Co."

bee Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 1:47 PM | Message # 933
Fair Dinkum

I agree Smileygirl I think the article says Simon will be spending some days holidaying in Paris with his wife (if my schoolgirl French is right....it was a long time ago!!) tongue

ruuger Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 4:51 PM | Message # 934
Cobber

AlloCine has done an interview with him that they'll publish soon on their site:

https://twitter.com/allocine/status/599191255348817920

Smileygirl Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 5:06 PM | Message # 935
Dinkie-Di

Some short shots of Simon In Cannes yesterday at the beginning of the video
http://video.lefigaro.fr/figaro....4819001

There will also be an interview on Deadline Hollywood by tomorrow!!!

Smileygirl Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 8:00 PM | Message # 936
Dinkie-Di

Stream for another interview he did yesterday. It will be on in 20 minutes from now. Just click "Watch Live"
http://www.france24.com/en/

ruuger Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 8:30 PM | Message # 937
Cobber

Thanks for the heads-up, smileygirl. That was a really nice interview, I hope someone was able to record it.

Ivana Date: Friday, 15-May-15, 8:56 PM | Message # 938
Fair Dinkum

here is the video
http://www.france24.com/en....-breath

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 16-May-15, 8:17 PM | Message # 939
Fair Dinkum

From Screen Daily International

http://m.screendaily.com/5088115.article

Simon Baker talks directorial debut, Breath

15 MAY, 2015 | BY TIFFANY PRITCHARD

Fresh from the completion of the Mentalist television series, Simon Baker has made a swift stop-over in Cannes to discuss his next big feat - the directorial debut of Breath.

Currently in pre-production, the film is based on Australian writer Tim Winton’s book of the same name that chronicles the lives of two teenage thrill-seeking boys who form an unlikely bond with reclusive older surfer (Baker) and his mysterious wife.

Referring to it as a coming-of-age story that intertwines the complexities of being a parent - Baker gives credence to having two teen-age sons and a 21-year-old daughter as the best research for the project. He says, “There is a fine line between being a parent and a friend, and it is these subtleties that I want to focus on.”

The actor also credits Hinton’s novel as a driving force for pushing him to finally taking the auteur reigns - something he has wanted to do since starting off in the entrainment industry. Using Hinton’s accurate descriptions of life growing up in Oz to the subtleties in detailing adolescent growing pains, he envisions a film that is “nimble, fluid in style and having a natural feel with the use of non-actors.”

“It’s been an incredible experience auditioning actors from all around Australia. We’ve placed ads on social media, and it’s been amazing what kind of response there’s been. There is such raw talent out there, and we’re excited to tap into that.”

Previously, he has directed episodes for television series The Guardian, that he starred in from 2002-2005, and several episodes for The Mentalist, helping to give him an understanding of how the collaboration process works. But nothing, he says, compares to working on an independently financed film from start to finish.

“Working in television has been like film school to me. For each of the episodes I directed for The Mentalist, I always tried to do something different. And working as one of the show’s producers, I involved myself as much as I could in the overall production process - particularly the sound and editing side.”

While he also credits himself as a recreational film-maker and photographer - spending hours in self-built dark rooms or splicing together super 8 films with VHS tapes - he admits however that “working on the financing and early production stages of a film is all-consuming, and like nothing I’ve ever done before.

“It’s a challenge I’m eagerly stepping up to, but certainly not as simple as being given a script and then acting it out.”

The film has been financed through Screen Australia, Screen West and Arclight, and has an estimated production start date for autumn of this year.

June Date: Sunday, 17-May-15, 4:11 PM | Message # 940
Bee's Knees

I've been a while far from this site and I have a lot of new things to see. Thanks.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 18-May-15, 12:48 PM | Message # 941
Fair Dinkum

For our American fellows, "NOT FORGOTTEN" will air on LMN (Lifetime Movie Network) today May 17 at 8pm.

kim Date: Tuesday, 19-May-15, 9:47 PM | Message # 942
Bee's Knees

A small article in French, any one up for translating? Using very rusty skills, I'm not sure there's anything new here, but always want to be sure.
http://www.lematin.ch/people....0438932

amanda Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 7:32 AM | Message # 943
Cobber

Thanks to all of you for these news ! up

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 1:55 PM | Message # 944
Fair Dinkum

English translation of Simon's Interview (in French) by Henry Arnaud from the Swiss newspaper "Le Matin" website, 19th May 2015 ( Original article ). I apologize for the errors.

" I am not a sex symbol when I get up "
Simon Baker

Actor Simon Baker is visiting the Cannes film festival to sell his first project of feature film. An breath of fresh air after 20 years of television! We met him.

Simon Baker, 45, has definitively stored the outfits of Patrick Jane, the hero of "The Mentalist" since he has shot the ultimate episode of his series at the beginning of the year. Present in Cannes for his first film as a director, Baker made low profile, up to secure this interview in a hotel away from the Croisette. We found him wearing black glasses and a beard abundant. "It helps me to look incognito, no? "

How do you feel in a big festival where the fans are everywhere?

I am used to the loss of anonymity for a long time. This is part of success. The fans always have a kind word, and some call me Patrick Jane, it makes me smile.

What was the first thing that popped in your mind when learning the end of "The Mentalist"?

That I was going to be able to get some holiday in the broad sense of the term: take some weight, let me grow a beard, sleep in... everything that I haven't been able to do during these last seven years.

So you say goodbye to your image of sex symbol?

Me, a sex symbol? It is a misleading advertising (laughs). Show-biz is a profession of illusions, then yes I am selling dreams or an image as many others but, believe me, I am not a sex symbol when I get up, with my love handles and my messy hair. Having said that, I am really glad to take a break.

Are you going to leave Hollywood to come back in Australia?

In my head, I have never left Australia. My family lives in California for a long time because shooting "The Mentalist" implied staying in Los angeles for the most part of the year. But I always went back home as soon as I had some free time. Christmas vacation was very often the opportunity to be in the surroundings of Sydney for instance.

What do you want to do now?

I'd love being the assistant of the coach of my sons' football team (he has 3 children, Stella, 22 years old, Blue, 17 years and Harry, 14 years). I'd like to follow them in trainings, which was impossible for me so far. I am going to disappear from the screens to become a dad again and a much more present husband.

Did it affected you these last years?

I am married since the age of 29 and I wouldn't be there without having met an extraordinary woman who supported me and backed up all these years. Rebecca trusted me in all our stages of life. She's the pillar of the family.

Your wife Rebecca Rigg is also an actress. Has she ever been jealous of your close relationship with Robin Tunney, your partner in the series?

Of course not, there's no reason to be. Besides, I always imagined Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon as two best friends rather than two lovers who don't dare to take the first step. In this sense, the last season of "The Mentalist" was not at all what I had imagined at the beginning of the show.

Are you disappointed with this seventh and final season?

No, we have given the fans what they were expecting. It was the best way to close the loop, especially as the previous season, Patrick Jane had gotten his revenge against his greatest enemy who had killed his wife and daughter. But I would have preferred a more dramatic finale for my character.

Patrick Jane dead?

For instance. But I've no regrets.

Could you come back soon in a new TV series?

If by soon you mean in 10 years, everything is possible... If by soon you mean this fall, no way! I'm grateful for the success of 'The Mentalist' but it's been almost 20 years since I've been shooting for television with 12 or 14 hours working days, and 10 months per year. I want to develop other projects.

You are at the Cannes film festival for a film project you are going to direct, besides acting in it. What is it?

"Breath" is the title of a bestseller, written by Tim Winton. When I read this dark story, I wanted right away to stage it, because everything is described in great detail. "Breath" tells the story of two teenagers who are going to get close to an old reclusive surfer and his mysterious wife.

And therefore, you will be the "old" surfer?

Exactly, and that's also why I'm growing a beard. Surfing is my passion. This project is particumary close to my heart as I am going to shoot it at home, in Australia. I directed several episodes of "The Mentalist" but it will be my first production for a feature-length film. The fact that it's made in Australia is a great pride for me.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Wednesday, 20-May-15, 1:58 PM

bee Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 2:23 PM | Message # 945
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation DSP. Nice to know that with all the trappings of Hollywood he's still that down to earth guy who enjoys simple pleasures and who just wants to be a normal husband and father spending more time with his family. Those 12-14 hour working days on TM must have taken its toll on him and his family. I also love the fact that he always mentions Rebecca and how supportive she is in everything he does. They have such a good solid loving relationship. Had to chuckle though when he mentioned his "love handles and messy hair". tongue Gotta love him! biggrin

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 20-May-15, 2:26 PM

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz