Monday, 29-Apr-24, 2:36 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Ivana Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 8:07 PM | Message # 946
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for translation DSP!

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 8:25 PM | Message # 947
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini

http://issuu.com/teleloisirs/docs/galacr_3_2015_05_15/c/sul80rh

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 8:26 PM | Message # 948
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini

http://issuu.com/teleloi....sul8h1x

ruuger Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 8:29 PM | Message # 949
Cobber

Was this already posted?

Serves Him Right! The Simon Baker Treatment

The French: a nation of rude waiters, snobby shopkeepers and dismissive hotel staff? That hasn’t been Simon Baker’s experience. The Australian actor, star of TV’s The Mentalist, gets treated like a king every time he visits. It doesn’t hurt that his show is the top-rated in la grande nation. “When people travel with me, they can’t believe how nice the French service is and how different it is when I’m not there,” Baker says. In Cannes to drum up interest in Breath, his upcoming directorial debut, Baker is used to starstruck French fans. When the bellboy at the Majestic saw him step on the elevator, “he turned bright red and then he broke out laughing. He didn’t even say a word.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news....-796550

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 9:20 PM | Message # 950
Bee's Knees

Thanks DSP for the translation. What a dear sweet man he is and I am so glad for him that he can spend more time with his family now. They really are his top priority. It must have been very hard to have spent such long hours at work for the last seven years and missed so much family life despite the fantastic success he has achieved. Can't wait for Breath I have no doubt he will do a brilliant job.

redbird Date: Wednesday, 20-May-15, 11:41 PM | Message # 951
Dinkie-Di

I can appreciate the hardship of being away from his family that Simon speaks about but isn't it pretty much the same hardship that all parents who work go through? He talks about working long days. So does any working mother who gets herself out of bed at 5am, gets herself ready for work, gets her kids fed, dressed and out the door to school, works all day, then rushes to get to daycare right before it closes and then doesn't get home with the kids until 7pm. Isn't that the same 14 hour day that Simon has continually talked about working while he was filming The Mentalist? I can guarantee that "working mom" wasn't bringing home $11 million a year for working those hours like Simon did. He talks about working on The Mentalist 10 months out of the year. That would give him a 2 month vacation every year. Where I come from 2 months of vacation a year is a beautiful thing. And according to my calculations, filming on The Mentalist lasted for about 8 months out of the year. Yes, he had other outside work commitments but those were his choice. I can appreciate his commitment to his family and the hardship he feels they suffered for his work but let's keep this in perspective.

kim Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 1:56 AM | Message # 952
Bee's Knees

DS_P Thanks for the translation!! I really appreciate it. He certainly still sounds like the same Simon. I am really happy that he is getting closer to making Breath a reality.

Tina Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 7:39 AM | Message # 953
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation DS. I'm so happy that he can do Breath now. I miss TM, everytime I see something that reminds me on Jane I still get a little sad, but I'm so excited about Breath that it goes away. Simon seems to be so happy now, and that makes me happy.

DaboGirl Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 8:26 AM | Message # 954
Jillaroo

Thank for the translation DS.

Simon seems adamant that he is done with the small screen While I think that Simon is an amazing actor some of his film choice have left much to be desired.

As Owain Yeoman said about Simon directing The Mentalist No one knows the medium of television better than Simon. He is a natural.

Simon is a star and a household name because of television. Right now I'm thrilled for him to direct and star in Breath. I still hope that one day he will return to TV.

Message edited by DaboGirl - Thursday, 21-May-15, 8:32 AM

Fran Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 10:46 AM | Message # 955
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DS_Pallas, Ivana & Ruuger. As Simon says about TV work, everything is possible. A lot of good actors are combining film and tv careers these days. It seems unlikely to me that Simon will want to commit to another American procedural, but there are some very good alternatives that don't require that type of commitment. For example I'd love to see him do a quality mini series for the BBC.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 12:26 PM | Message # 956
Fair Dinkum

Quote redbird ()
I can appreciate the hardship of being away from his family that Simon speaks about but isn't it pretty much the same hardship that all parents who work go through? […] I can appreciate his commitment to his family and the hardship he feels they suffered for his work but let's keep this in perspective.

I agree with you, of course all this is relative! Millions of people are working hard every day, with kids to raise and family to feed. Well I'm sure some of us do.
But nobody gives a damn huh

Though as you must notice, Simon is not complaining about the job, just that he's glad to have a break… wink

redbird Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 1:13 PM | Message # 957
Dinkie-Di

I kind of disagree with you, DS_P. I think Simon does complain - and has complained for a long time - about the amount of time that The Mentalist took from his family. Don't get me wrong - I adore the guy and I understand the reason for the complaint but it's the one thing that he talks about that I find rather insensitive considering the fact that The Mentalist put him in a position financially that he doesn't ever have to work again in his life if he doesn't want to. That certainly isn't the case for most working moms and dads. Over the past 10 years while the worldwide economy has tanked, many moms and dads have been struggling to keep their homes, provide for their children and maintain some semblance of the life that they had created for themselves before the bottom fell out. During that same time, Simon was amassing amazing success and wealth far beyond what most of us will ever see in our lifetimes. His work life is no different than that of other working parents but he doesn't have latch-key kids who are home alone everyday for 3 or 4 hours after school while mom and dad are at work, he has the financial means to put all of his kids through school as far they want to go and his kids have enjoyed the benefit of traveling all over the world. I feel no extra compassion or sympathy for what The Mentalist "took" from his family.

amanda Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 1:36 PM | Message # 958
Cobber

I totally agree with you Redbird
But I know that Fran doesn't want people writing negative things about Simon on the site and has reminded it many times !!!
But you're right to my opinion wink

redbird Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 2:05 PM | Message # 959
Dinkie-Di

I didn't mean it as a negative. Being away from home and your kids is a legitimate concern of every working parent. And it should be a concern. I was just pointing out that his situation is no different from other working parents and is, in many ways, far better than most. As such it doesn't entitle him to any special empathy or sympathy for his particular situation.

coral Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 2:17 PM | Message # 960
Cobber

Simon knows he's very fortunate, he's said so enough times. I think he was just answering a question honestly, not trying to score brownie points with a politically sensitive answer, just saying what he feels. That's what normal people do, including the hard-working mum's and dad's who probably don't consider the political insensitivity of their comments in respect of people who are starving in Africa with 1 in 5 of their children dying before reaching 5. As DSPallas said it's all relative, and no doubt there are many unfortunate people in the world who would love to have the opportunity to be a working parent so they could support their children.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz