Monday, 06-May-24, 1:30 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
kim Date: Monday, 01-Jun-15, 4:19 AM | Message # 976
Bee's Knees

Simon is as gracious as always it seems. A fun thought to imagine dining with them, never happen.... sigh.

258pce Date: Monday, 01-Jun-15, 5:57 AM | Message # 977
Cobber

I am astounded by the amount of money people have to spend to bid for a dinner with Simon. It must be gratifying and terrifying at the same time for him. I still wonder how much was finally paid for the 3 hour surfing lesson with him last fall. (I stopped bidding before it even got to the post-internet bidding.)
He could probably fund the whole film just by going out to eat with people.

Thanks for that tidbit, Fran!

Raven Date: Monday, 01-Jun-15, 10:38 AM | Message # 978
Dinkie-Di

The Wizard Of Waverley! Simon Baker steps out in a loose-fitting brown smock as he spends time with his sons at Bondi Beach

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....ch.html

Message edited by Raven - Monday, 01-Jun-15, 10:39 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 03-Jun-15, 4:59 PM | Message # 979
Fair Dinkum

From the Northernstar:

Two locals among the most loved Aussie celebrities

TWO Northern Rivers locals, Olivia Newton-John and Simon Baker, have been included in this year's list of most loved Australian celebrities, known as the Encore Score.

Hugh Jackman topped the list as the most popular celebrity, followed by fellow home-grown Hollywood success stories Cate Blanchett (2) and Eric Bana (3).
Singer and Newrybar business owner Olivia Newton-John was placed as number 4 in the list, with Nashua actor Simon Baker closing the top ten list.
Both Baker and Newton-John have been placed in the top ten of the most-loved celebrities in the country in each of the three occasions the survey has been conducted.
The study, compiled for the third time by Pureprofile and commissioned by Focal Attractions, reveals the popularity of Australian personalities.
Launched in 2012, and commissioned by Focal Attractions, the Encore Score uses a list of more than 1000 local and international names that have graced Australian screens, radios, magazines and billboards.
It asks 3000 everyday people whether they've heard of the figures, and how they rate them on a scale from those they consider to be their favourites to those they hate.

The Top 10 most popular

01 Hugh Jackman
02 Cate Blanchett
03 Eric Bana
04 Olivia Newton John
05 Anh Do
06 Hamish Blake
07 Rebecca Gibney
08 Amanda Keller
09 Nicole Kidman
10 Simon Baker

Source

phippsunited Date: Wednesday, 03-Jun-15, 5:06 PM | Message # 980
Ankle Biter

biggrin

Tina Date: Friday, 05-Jun-15, 4:48 PM | Message # 981
Fair Dinkum

According to this instagram site, Simon will attend the Royal Ascot in the UK June 16 - 20. Couldn't find any infos about it yet.

https://instagram.com/p/3jL8J-pVbO/?taken-by=simonbakerheaven

Smileygirl Date: Friday, 05-Jun-15, 5:53 PM | Message # 982
Dinkie-Di

The information came from me biggrin The Instagram site (another fan) just reported it biggrin

I got the info from the Longines Facebook online team. But they unfortunately gave me no more info yet. That´s all they wrote to me:

Dear Sabine. Simon will be joining us at Royal Ascot. Best regards.

I wish I knew more so I could look if I could make it there even tho this event is so high class and I would feel out of place.

bee Date: Friday, 05-Jun-15, 6:05 PM | Message # 983
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info Tina and Smileygirl. I've read that Channel 4 (UK) will be broadcasting the races so us mere mortals that can't afford to go may still get a glimpse of Simon! I wonder what days he will attend and if Rebecca will accompany him? Perhaps he'll get to meet the Royals! Just hope the weather is fine for him.

coral Date: Friday, 05-Jun-15, 6:40 PM | Message # 984
Cobber

Ah thanks, that's good news, Simon said he wanted to go to Royal Ascot. My guess is he'll be there Thursday which is Ladies Day and the Gold Cup. There's always extensive coverage on Channel 4, and they're very good about giving airtime to the sponsors, so a short interview is almost certain.

Deedee Date: Friday, 05-Jun-15, 6:44 PM | Message # 985
Bee's Knees

Great news. Look forward to hopefully interview and pics.

kim Date: Saturday, 06-Jun-15, 0:12 AM | Message # 986
Bee's Knees

Strong work Smileygirl! Thanks for the information!! It will be lovely to have more Simon pictures and an interview would be a bonus!

Tina Date: Saturday, 06-Jun-15, 7:49 AM | Message # 987
Fair Dinkum

Smileygirl, I didn't know the info came from you and there was nothing about it here yet. So ..thank you for getting this information biggrin
Great to have Simon in Europe again.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Saturday, 06-Jun-15, 7:50 AM

Smileygirl Date: Saturday, 06-Jun-15, 5:04 PM | Message # 988
Dinkie-Di

It´s no problem at all tinamarianne...only wanted to confirm that it´s true (as far as I can say, because you never know as far as there has been no official announcement)

I am always happy when he comes to Europe and I am glad he likes it here so much biggrin

Fran Date: Monday, 08-Jun-15, 0:55 AM | Message # 989
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the updates. The trouble with Royal Ascot is that Simon may only be in the posh enclosure. Hopefully get to see him on telly though, even if only briefly (as long as he doesn't have to spend time with Gok Wan, that guy really irritates me!).
I wonder if it's just a flying visit, or if Simon's combining it with other things in Europe.

bee Date: Monday, 08-Jun-15, 8:32 AM | Message # 990
Fair Dinkum

Fran I agree with you about Gok Wan! He gets everywhere! I was hoping Simon might combine his visit with a short family holiday but according to Google, school holidays (for the boys) in Sydney don't start until 27th June so maybe not. And there was I dreaming of Stella "hitting it orf" with Prince Harry!! tongue

Message edited by bee - Monday, 08-Jun-15, 8:34 AM

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz