Sunday, 19-May-24, 7:54 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
bee Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 5:23 PM | Message # 1006
Fair Dinkum

Sadly Simon doesn't seem to receive the adulation by the British media that he experiences in France so I'm not holding my breath with regard to many airport pics! Hopefully we'll get a few photos (and maybe an interview?) at Ascot though! I'd love to see him presenting a prize! Keeping my fingers crossed!

coral Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 6:27 PM | Message # 1007
Cobber

I thought they'd interview Damian Lewis but they didn't, so am feeling less hopeful now about a Simon interview. I think he will present a prize, but whether or not Channel 4 will show it???

Message edited by coral - Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 6:30 PM

bee Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 7:21 PM | Message # 1008
Fair Dinkum

I'm beginning to feel that just a brief glimpse of Simon in top hat and tails would be nice. Although he probably wouldn't be comfortable wearing it! tongue

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 9:22 PM | Message # 1009
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini

From “The Canberra Times Tv Guide” - Monday 1 November 1993

From E Street to Ross St

EVER wonder what soapie stars do when their soapie gets axed? They appear on other soapies.

Tomorrow night’s episode of GP (ABC, 8.30pm) features spunky Simon Denny, best known as Sam in the now-defunct E-Street, as Bill Miller, a supertanker mechanic who has to confront his own future when his father is diagnosed with a hereditary mental disorder.

Frank Miller (Terry Gill) has been irrational, temperamental, nervy and he suffers from back pain. He has been unemployed for some months, which appears to be putting pressure on him.

After some tests, Dr Steve Harrison (Michael O'Neill) diagnoses Huntington’s Chorea, a debilitating and degenerative nervous disorder.

Although Frank is relieved to know he’s not going mad, Bill must come to the realisation that he too could suffer from this disease, as could any children he may one day have.

Denny puts on a fine performance, showing that he’s more than a pretty face, but it is Gill that steals most scenes.

Meanwhile, Dr Steve’s teacher-wife, Su Lin (Teresa Wong), is feeling left out – she is sick of her feelings and her job taking second place to Steve’s patients.

A harmless flirtation with a colleague, Geoff Hardy (Lewis Fitzgerald) goes a bit too far and Su Lin is forced to consider the importance of her marriage.

Not one of the best episodes of GP this year (that honour goes to the one a couple of weeks ago when Zoe’s first love, Gaitano, died from cancer) but far from a dud.

Source: National Library of Australia

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 9:23 PM | Message # 1010
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini

From “The Canberra Times Tv Guide” - Monday 22 November 1993

Home from home

By NICOLE LEEDHAM

SINCE the demise of E Street, Simon Baker Denny seems to be popping up all over the place – A Country Practice, GP and now Home and Away.

Denny’s eight-week stint on the popular Prime soap began on Friday, when he appeared as James Healy and stole the heart of Roxy (Lisa Lackey).

“We have a passionate, romantic affair, then I leave - one of those seen it before, done it before kind of things, "Denny told The Guide.

The timing of the role was perfect for Denny, 23, who’s been kept busy over the past few months with the birth of his daughter, Stella Breeze, and revelling in family life with Stella’s mother, actress Rebecca Rigg.

"They offered me a part earlier in the year but I wasn’t available,” he said.

“This one came up at the right time and I said ‘sure, no problem’.

"The baby was the main reason I wasn’t working so much.”

Although Denny shot to stardom as the affable cop, Sam Farrell, in E Street he hasn’t let success get in the way of his family.

“Being an actor, you have to maintain a sane, secure home because you get so many knocks. You’re always under the microscope when you’re working.

"You need a secure home and a loving relationship and your career comes second.”

The eight-week Home and Away stint is perfect for Denny because it is long enough to get involved in the character (and pay some bills), but short enough to avoid type-casting problems.

And the future?

“There’s a few things in the air but I feel like I kind of curse myself if I talk about them,” he said.

“I never believe in anything until I’m actually on the set.”

Source: National Library of Australia

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 9:27 PM | Message # 1011
Fair Dinkum

Simon is in Four Seasons Hotel in Hampshire UK and he will be at Ascot tomorrow. Info and photos in Gallery Updates section.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 17-Jun-15, 10:18 AM | Message # 1012
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana, nice little interview from The Canberra Times. I assume the photo with the GP article is from E Street, looks like he's wearing his police jumper.

coral Date: Wednesday, 17-Jun-15, 2:10 PM | Message # 1013
Cobber

Just had a brief glimpse of Simon Becca and Stella on TV, and Claire Balding said they'd be talking to Simon later biggrin

Ivana Date: Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 5:07 AM | Message # 1014
Fair Dinkum

How do you do? Simon Baker does his best to impress as he transforms into a proper British gent to tread Royal Ascot's turf in a swish top hat and tails
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....ls.html

Mentalist star Simon Baker a standout at Royal Ascot as England’s elite party at the races
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/enterta....3923617

Tina Date: Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 7:47 AM | Message # 1015
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for the links Ivana smile

bee Date: Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 8:17 AM | Message # 1016
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Ivana.

Deedee Date: Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 9:52 AM | Message # 1017
Bee's Knees

Thanks Ivana for the articles. What is it with the Daily Mail , in particular, they always get some facts wrong don't they! you would think they would check details before they print. Laughable really.

redbird Date: Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 7:34 PM | Message # 1018
Dinkie-Di

Simon's appearance at Royal Ascot also turned up in photo galleries on the following websites:

People Magazine (www.people.com)
15 Handsome Gents in Top Hats at Royal Ascot

and

E! Entertainment (www.eonline.com)
Royal Ascot: Best in Hats!

Unfortunately, no photos that we haven't already seen but in People Magazine he's in a photo gallery with Prince Harry and on E! he's in a photo gallery with Queen Elizabeth! Not too shabby ..........

Message edited by redbird - Thursday, 18-Jun-15, 7:35 PM

kim Date: Friday, 19-Jun-15, 4:34 AM | Message # 1019
Bee's Knees

Here's the link that redbird mentioned to People:

[url=http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20395222_20931588_30350331,00.html#30350331]People mag[/url]

and to the e-online: e-online

Message edited by kim - Friday, 19-Jun-15, 4:37 AM

Ivana Date: Monday, 22-Jun-15, 6:11 PM | Message # 1020
Fair Dinkum

https://twitter.com/MerlinPublish/status/613006073444872193

Merlin Publishing ‏@MerlinPublish
@IMAGAZINE_UK has interviewed Simon Baker, star of @Mentalist_CBS he is also the @LonginesEq Ambassador for Elegance.

SimonBakerFP (Bine) ‏@SimonBakerFP
@MerlinPublish @MentalistGerman @IMAGAZINE_UK Where can we find this interview???

Merlin Publishing ‏@MerlinPublish
@SimonBakerFP @MentalistGerman the interview will be published in the Jan-June 2016 issue of @IMAGAZINE_UK (print version) and online.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz