Monday, 06-May-24, 10:58 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Tina Date: Monday, 08-Jun-15, 8:47 AM | Message # 991
Fair Dinkum

I don't know how it is after graduation bee, but I could imagine Stella has some time off now?
So maybe your dream comes true biggrin

I'm curious too if he will come just for a few days to Europe or if he visits another town/ country. Hope Rebecca can come with him.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 08-Jun-15, 2:23 PM | Message # 992
Fair Dinkum

Maybe it's too late(or not), but For UK residents, There's a Longines contest online, to win a Longines watch and 2 tickest for the Royal Ascot 2015:

http://www.thewatchgallery.com/longines-watches#competition

or here
http://www.eveswatch.com/incredible-longines-competition/

or here
http://www.stylist.co.uk/win....l-ascot

or here
My WebPage

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Monday, 08-Jun-15, 2:27 PM

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 5:01 PM | Message # 993
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini
Gala Magazine #1148 - June 10, 2015
still withou translation, but Sara promised one:
"Double interview (as Simon and as Patrick), hilarious, he also says he always wear the same things (as Simon of course) I’ll try to translate later when I’ll find the time"

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 5:16 PM | Message # 994
Fair Dinkum

translation by
lippyhippy30:

Translation (excuse me for any mistakes, I did my best! :)) Enjoy !

Gala, June 2015

In Paris for the promotion of the new fragrance Gentlemen Only Casual Chic by Givenchy, Simon Baker confesses his beauty secrets. Here, no bodyguards, no agents. It is not like any other big celebrities. The actor invites us in with a malicious gaze that make us want to marry him right away. However, we’re not in a fairytale, so we asked him to decode his name’s initials… but also to see what Patrick Jane would have to say about it.

S like Surk

Simon Baker : Since I was little, doing sport has always been a way to boost my self-confidence. It is a real mean of expression. Even if my body is not what he used to be (Laugh.). I still surf a lot, especially when I am in Australia. Patrick Jane : I hate that. Sport manipulates people, watch out!

I like Image

S.B : I don’t particularly like to look at myself in the mirror. Especially because I don’t think I see myself as I am – which, I think, is the case of everybody, right ? P.J : For once, I agree! Anyhow, I don’t have time to look at myself in the mirror.

M like Mode (fashion)

S.B: I might disappoint some people but I always wear the same things. Casual chic is probably how I would describe my outfits. I only have basic outfits that I buy multiple times, a bit like a uniform. I am 45 and I don’t want to have to think about what I am going to wear in the morning. I just want to be comfortable. P.J: What a question! A three piece suit, no matter what!

O like Odor (Smell)

S.B : I am really sensitive to that. I like fresh, spicy but not too flowery smells. My favorite smell is ginger and that’s why I really like the new fragrance of Gentlemen Only. I like the odor of the ground after the rain, fresh cut grass and even the smell of the ocean – without fish, of course. I also like fruity scents like fig or coconut. But not too much because it could be easily be sickening. To me, a good fragrance is a fragrance that you could smell over and over again just like you could listen a song over and over again. P.J: I like the odor of old books and antic typewriter such as Rank Xerox!

N like Nutrition

S.B: I have to be careful about what I eat. I have to do that for my body but also for my health. We can’t go crazy all the time. Food is probably one of the best things in life but if I have too much of it with fat meals, the scale is going to make me pay. Fortunately, my wife really likes organic food and we eat heathy. Patrick Jane: I like good food, real and very classic food. For example, this onion soup that I am crazy about.

B like Beard

S.B: Usually, I don’t like to shave too much. However, when I do, I like it because it makes me look young. In Australia, during summer, I let my beard grow because it protects my face from the sun. Patrick Jane : I like to be perfect, but I confess I really like this little 3-day beard.

A like Actor

Simon Baker : Since I have finished shooting The Mentalist, I went back to Australia where I’ll direct my movie, Breath. It’s the story of two teenagers who, in order to escape from the routine of their small city, start surfing with this iconic surfer. Patrick Jane : I don’t have any new project for now. But after all these episodes, I’m sure you won’t forget about me.

K like K.O

Simon Baker : I travel a lot and in order to not suffer from the jet lag, I exercise. It keeps the fatigue away. Yesterday when I arrived at the hotel, I went straight to the gym. Or I go running or walking. Patrick Jane : I don’t sleep. Ever. Or not a lot. And pardon me but what does the word “fatigue” mean?

E like Egery (Icon)

Simon Baker : That’s a really great role. Few people from Givenchy are now my friends. And I think it is great! In this kind of job, it is not easy to create real relationships, to trust people and to be at ease. It is really intense. Especially when I have to improve my character and make evolve this fragrance. Casual Chic is, maybe, since the beginning, the fragrance that defines me most. It is the proof that the Givenchy team has perfectly understood who I am. We complete each other. Helping creating this fragrance is something that I would like but I don’t know anything about it. I can understand all the marketing but making a juice, it’s not what I do. One has to stay where he is competent/good at. Patrick Jane : I’d love to create my own fragrance. I would call it Missconception.

R like Routine

Simon Baker : I try to do whatever I can to stay as good-looking as I can. When I was young I didn’t really took care of my skin and maybe I should have. So now, I never skip putting sun cream or my moisturizer. Otherwise, I sometimes put some styling wax (?) in my hair and I especially drink a lot of water, sleep a lot and don’t smoke. Patrick Jane : I don’t spend my time in the bathroom, I have other business to do!

Tina Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 6:11 PM | Message # 995
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Ivana for the translation! I like the Simon/ Jane answers smile
Still miss TM...

bee Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 6:28 PM | Message # 996
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for the translation Ivana, much appreciated.

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 7:20 PM | Message # 997
Bee's Knees

Thanks very much, Ivana.

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 7:47 PM | Message # 998
Bee's Knees

That was really great. Thanks so much Ivana.

Tanni Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 8:06 PM | Message # 999
Ankle Biter

Thanks for the translation!

Great idea, the Simon/Patrick interview biggrin

Ivana Date: Thursday, 11-Jun-15, 5:05 AM | Message # 1000
Fair Dinkum

another translation of the same article by sarapettarini, as she promised earlier
Gala Magazine #1148 - June 10, 2015

Here it is, I apologize for any mistake and please feel free to correct them! happy

In Paris to promote the new fragrance for Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic, Simon Baker lends himself to the beauty secrets game.

Unlike some other big stars there are no bodyguards or agents with him when the actor receives us in a sublime suite of the Bristol, with that little mischievous look that makes you want to marry him immediately, but since we are not in a fairy tale, we rather ask him to decipher the initial of his name and surname … and to give voice to the unwavering Patrick Jane.

S like surfing

S. B. - Since I was little, the sport has always been a way to have confidence in me, a real mode of expression. Even if my body is not what it was! (laughs). I still do this sport a lot, especially when I come back to Australia.

P. J. - I really hate it. Sport manipulates people, beware!

I like image

S. B. - I don’t like particularly to watch myself in the mirror. Simply because I think I do not see myself as I really am, but I guess it happen to everyone, right?

P. J. - I agree with him, for once. Anyway personally I do not have time to look myself in the mirror.

M like mode/fashion

S. B. - At the risk of disappointing you, I wear the same clothes all the time. Casual chic is probably the best word to describe my wardrobe. I have only basic clothes that I bought in several exemplars, as they were uniform. At forty five years I’m tired to figure out what I’m going to wear in the morning, I want to feel comfortable in my clothes above all.

P. J. - Why are you asking?… A three piece suit, obviously, whatever happens!

O like odor/scent

S. B. - I am very sensitive. I appreciate the fresh, spicy, and especially not too flowery. My favorite among all is that of ginger, this is why the new version of Gentlemen Only pleases me so much. I also like the smell of the soil after rain, the grass clippings, and even of the ocean, without the fish of course. I have a soft spot for the fruity notes, like figs or coconuts. But well dosed as this can quickly become nauseating. For me, a good perfume, it is the one we always want to smell, a bit like a song we always want to listen to.

P. J. - I love the smell of old books and of antique Rank Xerox typewriters!

N like nutrition

S. B. - I have to watch what I eat. I do it to my physic, and especially for my health. We can not do whatever we want all the time. Food is surely one of the best pleasures in life. But if I allow myself to eat heavy dishes every day, the balance will not forgive me. Luckily my wife loves organic food and we rather eat very healthily

P. J. - I love good food, true, but beware, very classic. Like yours onion soup, that I adore

B like beard

S. B. - I generally don’t like being clean-shaven. You can notice that it’s very rare. Yet, I find that when I am shaved, that makes me look like a few years younger . IN Australia during summer I usually let the beard grow also to protect my face from the sun.

P. J. - I like being impeccable but I admit that I love this little beard of three days of which I take care with thoroughness.

A like actor

S. B. - Since I finished shooting The Mentalist I went back to Australia and I’m working to produce a movie, Breath. It is the story of two teenagers who, to escape the monotony of their small town, devote themselves to surfing and meet an emblematic professor.

P. J. - I do not have new projects for now. But with all the episodes in which I appear, you are not going to forget me so soon.

K like KO

S. B. - I travel a lot and my trick against jet lag is exercise, that allows me to overcome fatigue. Yesterday once arrived at the hotel I went straight to the gym. Or I go out for a run or a long walk.

P. J. - I never sleep, at least not much. I do not know the word tiredness.

E like égérie (muse/testimonial)

S. B. - It is a great role. Some people at Givenchy became my friends by now. And I find this awesome: in this type of job it is not obvious to establish a real relationship, to trust, to be comfortable. It is an experience which allowed me to live intense things. Even only the fact that this fragrance and my character are evolving simultaneously. Casual Chic may be, since the beginning, the version that resembles me the most. For me it is the proof that the Givenchy equipe has perfectly understood who I am. We are really complementary. Participating in the creation of a perfume would fascinate me, but this is an area that I do not manage. I can for example comprise the marketing phase, but creating a fragrance, no, it’s not my profession. You have to be careful to not overtake your competence areas.

P. J. - I’d love to create my own scent, I would call it Misconception

R like routine

S. B. - I try to do what it takes to stay at my best. When I was young I never cared about my skin, as instead I should have had…. So, today I always use my moisturizer and my sunscreen. In addition I occasionally put styling wax in my hairs and above all, I drink a lot of water, I sleep a lot and I don’t smoke.

P. J. - I do not spend much time in my bathroom, I surely have better things to do!

Fran Date: Friday, 12-Jun-15, 10:03 AM | Message # 1001
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana. Fun idea for an interview, though I must admit I can't quite visualise Simon saying some of the PJ answers.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 2:33 PM | Message # 1002
Fair Dinkum

Twitter News from Ascot:

Racing UK ‏@Racing_UK 21 h (15 juin)

Q8A: Sir Bobby Charlton attended on day three last year. Celebrities set to attend this year include The Mentalist actor Simon Baker.

phippsunited Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 3:37 PM | Message # 1003
Ankle Biter

Yeh i think he will be there thursday which is ladies day !!!

bee Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 4:03 PM | Message # 1004
Fair Dinkum

Am watching the racing on Channel 4 at Ascot at the moment. Damien Lewis looked resplendent in top hat presenting a prize, so I'm hoping to see Simon (in top hat?) when he attends!! Have also seen a Longines advert several times but sadly not the one involving Simon. sad Hopefully Simon will appear on Thursday, Ladies Day. smile Just hope Gok Wan doesn't interview him!! facepalm

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 4:07 PM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-15, 4:23 PM | Message # 1005
Fair Dinkum

Can't wait to see photos of Simon biggrin

I wonder if he is already there ...we haven't gotten any airport pics yet, but maybe in London he won't be photographed on the airport.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz