Friday, 03-May-24, 1:37 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
kim Date: Tuesday, 25-Nov-14, 7:34 PM | Message # 526
Bee's Knees

Yippee! I love him with Ellen. I agree with you DS_P the Talk women could take a lesson from Simon when it comes to manners and decorum.

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 26-Nov-14, 0:26 AM | Message # 527
Bee's Knees

Lovely two interviews with Simon to look forward to.

kabuky Date: Saturday, 29-Nov-14, 0:09 AM | Message # 528
Surfie

Lovely to see SB on Ellen. Simon HAS to appear on the talk - Chen (who evidently is leader, etc.) is married to CBS president. It would be a lot more of a fun show without Chen….

258pce Date: Monday, 15-Dec-14, 9:30 AM | Message # 529
Cobber

Well, I'm surprised that he wasn't invited back to Letterman, although Letterman and he always seem to have some awkward moments. It is also on CBS. I do not look forward to The Talk appearance since those women never really have any quality questions or spend more than 4 minutes with guests. Given the abysmal treatment by CBS of the show over the past year I am frankly surprised that he feels obligated to appear there but there's no point in burning bridges and Simon does a wonderful job of rising above the bs of network pettiness.

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 16-Dec-14, 8:42 PM | Message # 530
Fair Dinkum

http://autogramm.volkswagen.de/10_14/panorama/panorama_03.html

Simon Baker ist ein Weltstar, besitzt einen Stern auf dem „Walk of Fame“ in Hollywood – und er liebt Autos aus dem Volkswagen Konzern. „Ich hatte schon einige Audi Modelle und auch einen Touareg“, verrät er. Baker ist Film- und Serienfans bestens bekannt aus „Der Teufel trägt Prada“ und als Patrick Jane in der TV-Serie „The Mentalist“. Bereits über 50 Millionen Zuschauer haben die bisher gedrehten sechs Staffeln weltweit verfolgt. Zahlen, die Baker freuen, aber nicht abheben lassen: „Ich bin ein Familienmensch“, sagt er über sich selbst. Und als dieser – Baker hat drei Kinder – testete er im Sommerurlaub den Volkswagen Sharan.
Auf seinem Trip durch Europa fuhr er von Italien nach Frankreich. Begeistert stieg er in Paris aus dem Auto: „Der Sharan ist ein fantastisches Familienauto, hat genau die richtige Größe und fährt sich hervorragend.“ Klingt ganz danach, als ob noch viele weitere Modelle aus dem Volkswagen Konzern vor seinem Haus im kalifornischen Santa Monica parken werden …

Fran Date: Wednesday, 17-Dec-14, 1:29 PM | Message # 531
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana. Great picture, would love to see a bigger version.

Here's the google translation of the short article:
Simon Baker is a world star, has a star on the "Walk of Fame" in Hollywood - and he loves cars from the Volkswagen Group. "I had some Audi models and also a Touareg," he says. Baker's film and series fans best known from "The Devil Wears Prada" and as Patrick Jane in the TV series "The Mentalist". More than 50 million people watched the previously turned six seasons worldwide. Numbers, delighted the Baker, but do not stand out: "I am a family man," he says of himself And as this - Baker has three children - he tested in the summer the Volkswagen Sharan..

On his trip through Europe he traveled from Italy to France. He enthusiastically got into Paris from the car: "The Sharan is a fantastic family car, has just the right size and drives excellent." Sounds like as if still park many more models from the Volkswagen Group in front of his house in Santa Monica, California.

258pce Date: Thursday, 18-Dec-14, 2:36 AM | Message # 532
Cobber

I love that pic, Ivana. Thanks. Thanks for the translation Fran.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 18-Dec-14, 3:34 PM | Message # 533
Fair Dinkum

Simon will be back in OZ on Sunday, apparently.

On Twitter, 17 Sept., an Australian fan posted:

GraceS7eph @pinkishk1ss
#rebeccarigg and I woot woot. She asked what's my name and shook hand with me.
Ad said Simon will be home in 3days!

coral Date: Thursday, 18-Dec-14, 9:56 PM | Message # 534
Cobber

Only In Hollywood: Stars from Baker to Cumberbatch–on Christmas

Excerpt:
Simon Baker
I’ve had Christmases all over the place. But recently, we’ve been going back to Australia for Christmas. I love Christmas. It is stressful, particularly when you go back to Australia because you’ve got to schlep a lot of stuff with you. You’ve got to be pretty organized in advance, which I’m not very good at. My wife is, thankfully, pretty good at it.

If you’ve ever had Christmas in Australia, it’s incredibly festive. It’s summer—a little different. I’ve spent a couple of Christmases with ham sandwiches on the beach with my family. We just spent the day surfing and swimming. It’s very different from snowy and cold Christmas. I’m used to going in the ocean during Christmas.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/158758....HjAaZ42

Message edited by coral - Thursday, 18-Dec-14, 10:00 PM

Ivana Date: Monday, 22-Dec-14, 0:09 AM | Message # 535
Fair Dinkum

New article

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/64287279/simons-simple-pleasures

Simon's simple pleasures

JENNY COONEY CARRILLO FOR TV GUIDE

TIME TO SAY GOOD BYE: Simon Baker in The Mentalist

It is now official... Next year's seventh season of the crime series The Mentalist will be the last. The sixth season wraps this week, and Jenny
Cooney Carrillo caught up with star Simon Baker to talk about the show's success and family life with his wife Rebecca Rigg and their children –
Stella, 20, Claude, 16, and Harry, 12.

TV Guide: Did you think the time was right to end the show?
Baker: If you ask me, the original story that we started off and laid out in the pilot episode many years ago, that story finished probably around the
end of the third season. And then we picked up another thread of the story and it became less about seeking revenge and more about the
dynamics of a relationship. It's now the next step and a good time to say goodbye.

Are you ready to move on?
This is the longest I've ever been in one place, and the longest I've ever played one character, so as much as I will always feel honoured to have
been able to play the character for as long as I have, there's a certain part of me that, I can't deny, wants to go and explore new terrain and do
different things.

What sort of impact has the show had on your family?
My family was really behind the decision to do this show. I really wasn't that interested in doing another TV show after The Guardian and a lot of it
had to do with the ages that my kids were and that they needed that stability, so that was a big factor.

What do they think of your success?
They are accustomed to the experience of being around me and the fallout of my success making me a recognised person, but they're my kids, so
they take it with a grain of salt... Kids are there to deflate their parents, build them up and put a pin in them and pop them every now and then.

How did it feel to get a star on the Walk of Fame?
That was a weird, funny kind of time capsule because I had a group of people around me
that I'd spent so much time with along this little journey. I'm never really one to look back
on things. I'm always looking forward, so it forced me to have to reflect on it, which was
good, and it was nice to be able to share that with family and friends.

So what do you think when you look back on that success?
I think I'm a really lucky person that's been blessed with incredible opportunities, so that is
never lost on me. I know that my path could have been so different and I could have
struggled so much more. Look at me now; I'm married, I've got a healthy family, I do
something that I actually love and I even get to direct the show occasionally. I don't have
the right to be wallowing in self­pity at all. Being an actor was a whimsical idea in my head
and the fact that I've been able to make it a reality is incredible.

How do you relax when you're not working?
I don't – this is me relaxing. (laughs) When you're the lead character in a one­hour TV
show, you're never caught up with everything you need to do, so you are going all the time. I often wake up at 2.30 in the morning thinking, 'OK,
what do I need? What haven't I done?' So when it's all finished, I'll have a sleep, I'll get to exercise more and then I'll get to relax.

Is there anything you would like to keep from The Mentalist set?
I would like the couch. I love the Citroen, and I've really been coveting that Airstream trailer... but I'll probably get none of them. They are the
property of Warner Bros TV.

The Mentalist, TV One, Tuesday
­ TV Guide

Tina Date: Monday, 22-Dec-14, 8:40 AM | Message # 536
Fair Dinkum

I wish he would take the couch ...
it's strange but the pic of Jimmy on instagram of the couch, standing there now with no Jane sitting on it anmore got to me so much. It broke my heart ..
and I thought about that stupid couch on the weekend ...now all alone in the WB studios ..
I thought I was over it that TM ends, but since Friday I feel so sad. It's so much harder than I thought it would be ...

bee Date: Monday, 22-Dec-14, 9:46 AM | Message # 537
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the article Ivana. I'm glad he's ready to move on and not too sad about TM ending. Each filming day is long and it must be very tiring for him.... we only get to see approx 45 minutes each week but it takes 8 days of being constantly on set for just one episode so I hope he gets that much needed sleep and plenty of relaxation.... swimming, surfing and just being with his family before his next project.

I agree about the couch Tina and it would be a fitting tribute if Warner Bros TV gave the couch to Simon as a parting "thank you" gift. Probably never happen though! sad

Message edited by bee - Monday, 22-Dec-14, 10:17 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 19-Jan-15, 9:16 PM | Message # 538
Fair Dinkum

Old press clip
"The force is with Simon" - Source: TV Week (Melbourne edition), 27 June 1992

He's so cute…

Source : http://televisionau.com/2012/06/1992-june-28-july-4.html

KathyF Date: Monday, 19-Jan-15, 11:23 PM | Message # 539
Rip Snorter

Cute indeed!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 20-Jan-15, 8:47 AM | Message # 540
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DS. He sure was cute and so young on that photo.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz