Saturday, 18-May-24, 10:02 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Tassie Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 11:47 AM | Message # 736
Bee's Knees

Great article-thanks for bringing it to us Fran. Simon certainly puts his heart and soul into every project he's attached to-one of the many things I love about him.

Deedee Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 12:49 PM | Message # 737
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran. Really enjoyed reading this article and had to giggle when he said that he used soap when he couldnt find shampoo for his hair. I can imagine him doing that too. He is so not vain about his appearance which is one of the many things I love about him.

Tina Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 2:36 PM | Message # 738
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the article Fran. Always interesting to get some info about things like that.

redbird Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 3:08 PM | Message # 739
Dinkie-Di

DeeDee: I loved the comment about washing his hair with plain soap when he couldn't find shampoo too. But while our Simon may still be a simple guy, his tastes have certainly elevated throughout the years - his favorite brand of jeans cost about $250 a pair. I throw a hissy fit if I have to spend more than $25 on a great fitting pair of jeans!!!

syriana13 Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 3:57 PM | Message # 740
Dinkie-Di

Thank you so much Fran, I love Simon even more if that's possible with every new interview I read.

bee Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 4:37 PM | Message # 741
Fair Dinkum

Redbird....Regarding Simon's newly acquired expensive taste, I googled Creme de la Mer moisturiser....£105 for 30 ml and £350 for 100 ml and rising!!! wacko I think I'll stick to my Olay!!

redbird Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 5:55 PM | Message # 742
Dinkie-Di

Bee: Isn't it funny the things we notice? I noticed the moisturizer too but skin care products tend to be outrageously expensive so I let that one slide. I recognized the brand of jeans immediately and know how expensive their women's jeans are so I googled the men's line. $250 is a lot of money to pay for a single pair of jeans! Granted, he looks great in them but $250 is an entire season's wardrobe budget for many people.

ruuger Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 6:27 PM | Message # 743
Cobber

bee, I remember Simon mentioned in an interview once that Rebecca picked the moisturizer he uses. I'm guessing this is the one.

But yeah, he clearly isn't opposed to spending money on quality based on his picks (Simon's camera, Leica M, is very much a 'rich people's toy', costing thousands of dollars), but I like that he isn't above shopping at Ikea either smile

(I can't be the only one who is now imagining him shopping for a desk at Ikea? :D)

bee Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 8:28 PM | Message # 744
Fair Dinkum

ruuger, now that you mention it I too remember Simon once saying that Rebecca picked his moisturizer. I guess he needs a quality brand because he is fair-skinned and with the time he spends in the sun and in the ocean surfing he has to look after his skin. I also had to chuckle at the Eames chair (expensive) and the Ikea desk (cheap as chips) in his office. One extreme to the other! tongue

Deedee Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 10:05 PM | Message # 745
Bee's Knees

I think Simon's taste has altered over the years in tune with his bank balance! He is a Leo after all though and Leos are renowned for wanting the best in everything and having expensive tastes. But. he is also still a down to earth Aussie and thats why he also shops at Ikea because he likes a bargain like we all do. I wish I could afford Creme de La Mer - its supposed to be the best of the best. I bet we were all googling the things on his list like mad!! I know I was tongue

258pce Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 8:20 AM | Message # 746
Cobber

What a charming list of Simon gear! I am usually skeptical of such lists, but for some reason I absolutely love this one. Maybe it's because I just had avocado on toast this morning, used to have a 1963 Rambler Ambassador and am an insane fan of Van Morrison. I am really amazed that he is so attached to an album that was put out even before he was born....but then he seems pretty attached to the Rambler too which is also a classic from before his birth. I wonder if he stored it in CA. (We know that he also has a more modern Audi and his Citroen is now in France. Pretty soon, if he's not careful he'll have multiple cars stored around the world along with surf boards.)

I am very interested in his musical tastes. Besides the Van Morrison, we know that he used to debate the merits of INXS with Robin, and he took at least one of his boys to see Mumford and Sons in LA, does a mean Mick Jagger, wrote a lullaby for Stella, in the script for Sex and Death 101 declared that his favorite Dylan song was supposedly Lay Lady Lay, and he supported the music from the Headland album, but that is all I have been able to glean so far. Does any one else have any other clues to his musical preferences?

The fact that he is into "Astral Weeks" takes his musical influence and sensitivities to a whole new level for me. All that I see and admire about him danced around the edges of this sensibility to me, but now I feel a more solid appreciation/understanding of him and why he so fascinates me in spite of being from a different generation. (turn on the air conditioning, it's getting hot in here)

In any case, we always knew he has impeccable, classy tastes. Thanks Fran, for sharing this with us!

Message edited by 258pce - Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 8:28 AM

ruuger Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 8:42 AM | Message # 747
Cobber

Quote 258pce ()
Does any one else have any other clues to his musical preferences?

He said in one French interview that he likes Serge Gainsborough. And on a similar list-type of an interview to this, he mentioned having just bought a Gotye CD. I also have a very vague memory of him saying in some early-90's interview that he likes Michael Jackson's music.

Peithon Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 9:37 AM | Message # 748
Rip Snorter

He also likes Sade, her music was playing in his house during an interview. The thing that struck me about his tastes are that he is so much a product of his upbringing and his desire to better himself. We know he never had great clothes as a kid because his parents had no money and his mother made his clothes. He developed a real appreciation for the work that goes into making clothes. His still very practical nature, it doesn't have to cost a lot for him to appreciate form and function (soap for hair and Ikea). His generally refined taste in food, drink and art. I still love the part in TM where he said he preferred a sweet corn ravioli with a white wine sauce (a well known dish at a restaurant he frequents) and Kung Pao Chicken, available at any hole in the wall take out chinese place. Who doesn't love a man who talks of neck to clavicle ratios instead of just saying, 'I have a long neck so I like collars.' cool

Message edited by Peithon - Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 10:03 AM

Tina Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 10:05 AM | Message # 749
Fair Dinkum

He used a Pink Floyd song for his little suit clip, so he might like Pink Floyd...I think they were/ are popular in Australia...

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 1:09 PM | Message # 750
Fair Dinkum

I think he's a big fan of David Bowie. cool And loves Reggae.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 1:10 PM

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz