Monday, 20-May-24, 6:11 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Deedee Date: Monday, 20-Apr-15, 7:32 PM | Message # 781
Bee's Knees

Thank you very much Tanja and Ramona. smile

kim Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 3:49 AM | Message # 782
Bee's Knees

Thanks ladies for the great articles. I love the one from way back. It's fun to hear him before he was famous. He sounds the same really, down to earth and kind of shy still. Basically adorable.

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 4:50 AM | Message # 783
Bee's Knees

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this, ladies. Much appreciated.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 7:52 AM | Message # 784
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much for this great article Tanja. Very interesting, lots of information about what he did before he became an actor.
Was he serious about it that he was considering becoming a priest???

ruuger Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 1:06 PM | Message # 785
Cobber

Quote tinamarianne ()
Was he serious about it that he was considering becoming a priest???

I haven't heard about the priest thing before, but I have a vague memory of him saying in some interview that he was very religious when he was young (he was raised catholic), but that he "deliberately lapsed" and now considers himself an agnostic.

Edit: Found the interview:

http://www.popmatters.com/article....ht-time

“I was religious when I was younger. I was Catholic, raised Catholic. I had certain issues about that. I consciously lapsed. I made a conscious decision to avoid. I’m agnostic. I’m not saying I don’t have faith, I absolutely have faith, but don’t necessarily have faith in God. I have faith in humanity.”

Message edited by ruuger - Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 1:08 PM

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 1:44 PM | Message # 786
Bee's Knees

In what context does he say he thinks he's limited as an actor? That's kind of sad, if he really thinks that. Does he mean in terms of range, or what?

ruuger Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 2:39 PM | Message # 787
Cobber

Hayseed, here's an interview where he talks about it more:
http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load/2011_february_adelaide_now/1-1-0-127

Baker has also taken the directing reins for a couple of episodes, but ask if directing makes him a better actor and Baker's blunt honesty rears its head. "Nope," he says. "I don't think I can get any better than I am. I think I am pretty limited as an actor. I've hit my ceiling."

(I seem to have Patrick Jane's memory when it comes to things that Simon has said in interviews biggrin )

He's said similar things in other interviews as well, and against all evidence really does seem to think of himself as just a mediocre actor at best. He's like the poster boy for the imposter syndrome.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 4:40 PM | Message # 788
Fair Dinkum

Scans of ELLE Men, Spain - May 2015 Issue

Nice interview (can't translate, I don't speak Spanish, but with my Italian knowledge, I understood most of it). And some nice and sexy Simon's photos!
Nothing über new here. He explains that though he & his family have return to Australia, it is only temporary. And he's a deal with his wife: 6 weeks in Oz, and 1 week in Europe!
Love the bit (page 5) when the journalist asks
- Speaking of beauty, are you a "show-off" kind of person?
- No.
- You seem very honest, but is it true?
- Yes… (he remains thinking for a second) What's going on, you don't believe me?
- No, no, I do… But the thing is you haven't stopped to look in the mirror throughout the all photo session!
- Only to check if I didn't look as if I was wearing a disguise! (laughs). The truth is, I don't look at myself to see if I am handsome or not. But sometimes you are used as a model, and I already have an certain age. (Touché! Though I don't believe him at all, I accept the reply). tongue

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

or HERE at http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 5:28 PM

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 8:44 PM | Message # 789
Bee's Knees

Thanks ruuger. I disagree with him, I guess. Or maybe I just think there are other roles out there that he would excell in. I think his work on TM was extraordinary. It's hard to balance drama and comedy, and he did it well.

And Oooh thank you, DS_Pallas. *fans self* That one on page 2....

Message edited by Hayseed - Tuesday, 21-Apr-15, 8:45 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 3:20 AM | Message # 790
Fair Dinkum

Quote Hayseed ()
*fans self* That one on page 2....

I agree yes

bee Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 7:36 AM | Message # 791
Fair Dinkum

I love the photo on page 2 also but Simon's hair, beard and eyebrows appear to be quite dark in these pics, do you think the photos have been "re-touched" or is it just the way they have been taken? confused

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 7:42 AM

redbird Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 1:30 PM | Message # 792
Dinkie-Di

I think his hair has appeared darker in many of the recent photos we've seen of him which has surprised me since he seems to be spending so much time at the beach. I also thought his hair appeared darker in Season 7 of The Mentalist which make me wonder for a moment if his golden locks were natural. But he seems like a really natural wash & wear kind of guy so I quickly dismissed that thought. As for the beard, many men's beards aren't the same color as their hair. And as long as he doesn't have the eyebrows that he had in The Devil Wears Prada, they're good regardless of what color they are.

ruuger Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 4:40 PM | Message # 793
Cobber

Magazine photos are always retouched. To me it looks like the darker hair is just a combination of the lighting, the color correction, and the contrast having been tweaked (his eyes look darker than usual as well).

Message edited by ruuger - Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 4:45 PM

bee Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 5:04 PM | Message # 794
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for your thoughts ladies...they're gorgeous photos it's just that I miss his golden curls! tongue

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 5:05 PM

kim Date: Wednesday, 22-Apr-15, 5:24 PM | Message # 795
Bee's Knees

The page 2 picture is my fav also. For me, I think it's because his eyes are the focal point of the image. Love it! Thanks for the postings....it's always great day when new pictures and articles come out.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz