Thursday, 02-May-24, 10:26 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Smileygirl Date: Monday, 17-Aug-15, 12:14 PM | Message # 1081
Dinkie-Di

Simon is back on every French TV magazine biggrin Lucky fans

ruuger Date: Monday, 17-Aug-15, 12:28 PM | Message # 1082
Cobber

If you're interested, sarapettarini posted a readable copy of the above articlehere. There isn't any new info there since it's again mostly about what will happen in season 7, but there were two interesting little tidbits in the short interviews: One is that Robin says that the show ending feels almost like breaking up with Simon and finds it sad that even if they remain friends, they will not be as close as they were while filming the show, and the other is that according to Simon there are no sex scenes in S7 because he and Robin are both over 40 and nobody wants to see them naked biggrin

Only Date: Friday, 21-Aug-15, 10:57 AM | Message # 1083
Blow-In

A new article in Le Figaro TV Mag - August 23, 2015
http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/program....Iqtd1eL FWpZMAGzLmbB_hJ0YlCpzbF8ch2eeK6T&a2=20150820232439&a3=763-6772710-880392
It's fantastic: here he says that he has a dream to make his own show. It would be 6-8 eps. Something psychological, I guess. hands

Smileygirl Date: Friday, 21-Aug-15, 11:01 PM | Message # 1084
Dinkie-Di

Thank you Pipar. That´s absolutely amazing. I am so happy he want´s to stay in the business and I would love to see a series with his own ideas completely.

kim Date: Friday, 21-Aug-15, 11:17 PM | Message # 1085
Bee's Knees

Thanks Pipar for the bit of translation! Wouldn't it be great to have him in another small series!!

Tina Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 7:53 AM | Message # 1086
Fair Dinkum

He said before in an interview he'd be interested in doing a mini series or a series of movies. I'd love that! It wouldn't be as exhausting as doing a tv show like TM, but it would get us (and him) a chance to explore a character for more than just one movie. I'm a huge fan of series, on tv and with books. I love to know the characters when I start watching or reading.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 11:41 AM | Message # 1087
Fair Dinkum

Here is my English translation of the french Figaro TV Mag interview:

IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO STOP THE MENTALIST

From Tuesday, August 25, TF1 will broadcast the last and final season of The Mentalist.
At 46, Simon Baker is probably one of the more blooming actors of his generation. After having embodied The Mentalist hero for seven years, he enters a new stage in his career, still basking in the worldwide success of the show that has revealed him. In an exclusive interview, Simon Baker confides his directorial desires, his gratitude to the French public and gives us a critical look at the TV world.

Let's get straight to the point, you really wanted to stop The Mentalist, did you?
Yes I did. Not from fatigue, even if I was tired for years because of the shooting, with sometimes more than fourteen hours days, ten months a year... The real reason was that I felt it was the right time, for the series and for me, to stop, to conclude the story. I had the feeling at times that the episodes were following each other without the plot really going somewhere, without anyone actually developing things, that all we did was just solving the case of the week. The procedural part of an episode has never been the most exciting thing for me - anyone can play that... I much prefer when I can explore the psyche of my character. But, well, the public likes it, "the culprit of the week". I understand and I respect that, but for me, from my artistic point of view, I thought it was best to put an end to it.

But precisely, what made the success of the show was not "the culprit of the week"...
It's true. The audience endorsed the character, Patrick Jane. As a producer, and thanks to my friend Bruno Heller, the creator of The Mentalist, I've always tried to balance the purely commercial aspect of the series, which relies heavily on the resolution of the case, and the psychological aspect, by developing a real character. Jane is steeped in contradictions. He is charming, yes, but deranged. He killed Red John with his own hands! He is sociable but also introverted and even self-destructive. I always wanted to highlight these contrasts for the public could empathize with him. I wanted the Mentalist to aim deeper than a simple crime series.

How would you describe this final season?
It's a totally different season. The real question behind these thirteen episodes is: what kind of couple Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon [Robin Tunney, ed] will be, now that they are together. We must not forget that they come a long way, both of them, emotionally speaking. They have to remember what it's like to be in a relationship.

As you know, on TF1, THe Mentalist has always been a great success every year, are you proud of it?
Honestly, I am immensely proud of that. For me, that means I was able to create an attractive and entertaining character for the audience. Then that means that French people have good taste! (laughs). Sometimes I think I must have a good, subconscious connection with France.

Does this make you want to get even closer to our country?
I would love to actually work with French directors. I have often said, I love France and the French. I feel close to them. Australians and French have undoubtedly a similar sense of humor and, I think, especially share an egalitarian vision on things. By the way, I'd like a co-production between different countries for TV. The future of television is full of promises and it involves internationalization. I think the key is always to create a good character to whom the majority of people, from all countries, can relate.

Would you be willing to go on with another series?
No, not right now. It's time for me to do other things. I am a creative at heart. I'm working on my adaptation of the Australian coming-of-age novel about surfing, Breath, by Tim Winton (Respire, Rivages). I will direct it and I will also act in it [he already made some location scoutings for the shooting in Australia, which will start by the end of the year, editor's note]. I also would love to develop the project of a miniseries - I think this is the ideal format, six to eight episodes - in which I'd be both producer and actor, and why not also a director so I can have artistic control. I want to be there, ahead of the creation! The French mini-series The Returned is one of my sources of inspiration, in the absolute. I like its atmosphere, its tone. I also like Bron, the Swedish-Danish series, which I find extraordinary. I have a taste for that kind of things, not necessarily dark, but I like these fictions where you can really probe the psychology of the protagonists. I know we can raise the quality bar of TV and I want to contribute.

Original link: http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/program....-880392

bee Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 2:06 PM | Message # 1088
Fair Dinkum

Thank you DSP

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 2:07 PM

Tanja Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 3:48 PM | Message # 1089
Rip Snorter

Tahnk you Pipar and DSP!! A mini serie like Smith would be nice smile

Deedee Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 4:27 PM | Message # 1090
Bee's Knees

Thanks DSP.

Ivana Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 4:32 PM | Message # 1091
Fair Dinkum

Thanks ladies for translation!

Ivana Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 4:40 PM | Message # 1092
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tanja for finding article smile

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news....alytics

Sydney’s 25 sexiest couples — the hot list everyone’s lusting to be on

THEY are the toast of the town, the couples guaranteed to turn heads wherever they go. Annette Sharp, Jonathon Moran, Lisa Mayoh and Prue Lewington have put together a list that everyone is lusting to be on. Introducing Sydney’s 25 sexiest couples.

SIMON BAKER AND REBECCA RIGG
Having wrapped the seventh and final series of The Mentalist last year, surf-loving Baker and his wife of 17 years - partner of 24 - Rebecca Rigg, have once again become fixtures at Bondi Beach along with their three children, Stella, 21, Claude, 16 and Harry, 13.

Known in the US for his blond, tanned, Australian good looks, 46-year-old Baker and Rigg, 47, an actor who found fame before her husband as a teen star on TV’s A Country Practice, have done what some might think is impossible - made marriage sexy.

Baker, who is almost always seen hand in hand with his wife - both of them beaming broadly - has described Rigg as “the greatest woman any man could ever hope to make a life with...marrying her was the best decision I ever made.”

The pair made Royal Ascot sizzle in June when they turned out in full formal regalia, top hat and tails for him, white lace and black hat for her, are devoted to their children with Baker making 2015 a year to devote to wife and kids.

There is also a pool where you can vote for them.

bee Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 6:08 PM | Message # 1093
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tanja and Ivana ...have just voted for SImon and Rebecca...they are in the lead at the moment!

phippsunited Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 8:12 PM | Message # 1094
Ankle Biter

smile

Deedee Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 10:33 PM | Message # 1095
Bee's Knees

Have just voted for Simon and Rebecc ... No contest obviously but none of the other names mean anything to me.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz