Monday, 20-May-24, 5:42 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Fran Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 9:39 AM | Message # 856
Fair Dinkum

Thanks BBB flower

Fran Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 10:17 AM | Message # 857
Fair Dinkum

Another German interview: http://diepresse.com/home....ersives

Google translation:
Simon Baker: "I like to be subversive"
20.04.2013 18:11 | | by Mariam Schaghaghi (The Press)

For television, he turns "The Mentalist", during the breaks, he makes movies, as currently the British comedy "I Give It A Year" Simon Baker on his fun on variety, the Australian clique in Hollywood and the strange names of his children.

For many, he is "The Mentalist" - but Simon Baker can also be different, as in the detective series to hunt killer. Currently, the Australian can be seen in "I Give It A Year" the British romantic comedy, where he falls in love with a newlywed - and can not loose.

You're usually seen in "The Mentalist". Is there a movie a welcome break in between?
Simon Baker: Absolutely! Since I play in "The Mentalist," I've done three movies. During one break I did "The Killer Inside Me" by Michael Winterbottom, which is very dark and playing in the fifties. After the financial thriller "Margin Call" came, now this romantic comedy. It is always refreshing and creatively stimulating, to take on roles outside the series. On the set of "The Mentalist" I know every colleague, every role, every detail. But it is not easy to find something suitable for this small time window.

What was refreshing on this role?
The figure itself was not a difficult challenge for me. The sharpness of the comedy was crucial. I often get offered romantic comedies, but most I find neither particularly funny nor romantic. This genre is now totally out sucks. But I found this story different. The ingredients for the cocktail are the usual, but they were shuffled, strongly flavored - and the result is stunning.

Accidentally sex photos in digital picture frame to show off the in-laws - at least this is risky. The joke comes from "Borat" writer Dan Mazer.
When I read the script the first time, I felt the design also dared. That could have gone wrong. But I always like to be subversive when I break from the series.

Then you prefer European films? British comedies have indeed rather more oblique sense of humor than American.
This is true, however. It is anyway so that Hollywood can not classify me so completely. They offer me anyway always the same figures to ...

Probably ... as a charming pretty boy?
Yes. As a character actor they have me on the list. But this naughty role mocks subversively about the cliche of me. That made me mad fun.

Are you plagued by paparazzi?
I lead a pretty normal life, am married, have children. I hunt no prostitutes behind or similar spectacular. This attracts photographers not to.

Your children have unusual names: Stella Breeze, Claude Blue and Harry Friday. Who invented it?
My wife and I found it a pity that nowadays there are hardly any middle names. So we allowed a little fun.

One of your first roles in the U.S. was the Oscar movie "LA Confidential". How did you come as a newcomer to it?
I then successfully worked for six years as an actor in Australia. Our film industry is so much smaller. "LA Confidential" was my first job in Hollywood. I had auditioned for the role, then got Guy Pearce. Guy is a phenomenal actor, but I was quite ready to Just Another Australian trumps me.

Is there a kind of Australian clique in LA?
Yes, we are often together. Especially at the beginning of our time in Hollywood, we have spent a lot of time together. Now most of us have family, since it is difficult to meet regularly. Nevertheless, we remain close friends and still see us as a community of solidarity.

In February you get a star on the "Walk of Fame". How was that?
Me are the tears come. Naomi Watts has kept the speech at the unveiling of my star. When my wife, my daughter and I arrived in Hollywood, we have lived in Naomi's apartment to sublet, just a few meters from Hollywood Boulevard. Naomi was then still unknown. I knew her since we had visited in Sydney jointly acting seminars. With this ceremony, joined the circle for us somehow.
("The Press", print edition, 21.04.2013)

Fran Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 10:52 AM | Message # 858
Fair Dinkum

And yet another German interview (where, if the translation is right, Simon says he's not interested in 50Shades):
http://filmfernsehen.brash.de/2013/04/22/simon-baker-im-interview/

Google translation:
"I'm not complaining about my weekly paycheck"
by Anna Wollner on 22 April 2013
Simon Baker ("The Mentalist") is not only strange but also funny. He is currently in a marriage comedy in the cinema. We met him in London for the interview.

Simon Baker's blue eyes are also interviewing a looker. These eyes also play a special role in "The Mentalist". With a special observation explains the 43 year-old Australian on as Patrick Jane murders every week. He became one of the highest paid TV actor.

But sometimes he can also look at the movies. Even in comic roles. In the British beveled marriage comedy "I Give It A Year", he is a rival who tries to win the heart of a married woman. In real life, Simon Baker has been married for over 15 years and has three children.

When interviewed in London but we talked to him once on a rumor. Ok, this rumor currently circulating about all reasonably good-looking actor, but it has interested us yet.

BRASH.de: Mr. Baker, you might be interested in the role of the SM-Lovers in "Fifty Shades of Grey"? They should have been offered this role.
Simon Baker: For God's sake. The draw should perhaps consider someone who is twenty years younger than me. No, it's really not for me.

So no erotic drama, but a marriage comedy. Situations were you in "I Give It A Year" from your marriage familiar?
Simon Baker: Yes. But for that one must not be married. A normal love relationship's enough to get the stamp "No Future" pressed out to friends. To be honest, we were all been to weddings where we knew that the marriage will not last long. Of course, everything in the film is shown a bit exaggerated. We wanted also to make a comedy.

How would you rate your comic talent?
Simon Baker: I'm not a comedian. ( laughs ). There are people who do, but also have to say anything and I'm already laughing on the floor. I'm definitely not one of them. Also tell the jokes I have been getting very bad.

Can you "be funny" learn or do you need talent?
Simon Baker: A mixture of both. To some it may go easier on the hand to make people laugh. Others have to work really hard at it. Comedy is not just comedy, you need a strategy, a plan. During the filming we reviewed some dialogs so long on their mirth, that at the end were anything but funny for me. But there is no better reward for the hard work, as the laughter of the audience.

You live as Australians in Los Angeles. How do you feel as "Aussie" in Hollywood?
Simon Baker: I can not complain. The country has always been good to me. I came to America 25. At that time, everything was new and exciting. I am proud to be Australian. But just ask my children. They would not want to give up baseball and Co.. Now I play as an Australian in a British comedy an American. Finally, I could throw all Australian prejudices about board and all in the American rise ( laughs ).

In Germany you are "The Mentalist". As you search from your other roles?
Simon Baker: The roles seek me out. Any other role is like a holiday for me. That's why I wanted to join "I Give It A Year" necessarily also at. Not in the lead role, but as a male "love interest". Pure strategy. I talk to myself, I would be working and I have not so much to do. For the psyche of the distance to "The Mentalist" does sometimes quite good.

In addition to "The Mentalist" you only have time for one film per year. Are you sad about it?
Simon Baker: That is in the nature of things. The grass is always greener on the other side of the meadow. If we did not turn eight months of the year, I could certainly make other exciting projects. But in a time in which each actor is happy with his work, I'm not complaining about my weekly paycheck.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 11:21 AM | Message # 859
Bee's Knees

At last we know he dosen't want to do 50 shades.

No reason for this smiley, I just love it.

bee Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 11:42 AM | Message # 860
Fair Dinkum

I think that doing 50 Shades was just a rumour (Simon probably joked about doing it) and it got picked up on. He said he hasn't read the book, plus he has always said in the past that he would read a script and then talk it over with Rebecca before committing to anything. If he hasn't read the book why would he say he wanted to do the film?? Also, as he says, he is too old for the part anyway! Another rumour quashed! tongue Personally I'd much rather see him concentrate on Breath when the Mentalist finishes. smile

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 11:48 AM

Juney Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 3:50 PM | Message # 861
Bee's Knees

I agree bee, Breath should take priority otherwise he would be too old for that too.

June Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 6:28 PM | Message # 862
Bee's Knees

"Going Vertical", film about surfing narrated by Simon Baker will be released on dvd in UK, on February 11, 2014.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 6:34 PM | Message # 863
True Blue

Sounds great! (you know, the old "he-could-read-the-phone-book" thing...) book

Fran Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 8:14 PM | Message # 864
Fair Dinkum

Full article scans (including text) of the Elle Spain article from @mentalista13: http://img239.imagevenue.com/gallery....lle.php

Perhaps one of our Spanish speaking members can tell us if there's anything new or interesting there.

joanne Date: Wednesday, 24-Apr-13, 8:50 PM | Message # 865
Blow-In

I can read and understand it somewhat but not enough to translate (sorry). I don't think there's a lot of new information but it does say that his eyes are blue. I know that can be up for debate.

June Date: Thursday, 25-Apr-13, 12:19 PM | Message # 866
Bee's Knees

I've just read it and it's a resume of the Elle Italy interview that Fran posted here on March. Written in a different way but nothing new. The title of the article is: Simon Baker, an exceptional seducer. Tortured lawyer in "The Guardian" and mocking detective in "The Mentalist", now the Australian actor shows his "gentleman" image in an advertisement and releases a romantic comedy. They say that he looks like a perfect combination between James Dean and Steve McQueen.

Fran Date: Thursday, 25-Apr-13, 7:14 PM | Message # 867
Fair Dinkum

Thanks very much for the info about the Elle Spain article smile

Evy Date: Friday, 26-Apr-13, 4:38 PM | Message # 868
Fair Dinkum

Bee
I was also wondering how long he has had that green plaid shirt he seems to wear a lot.

Fran
I don't think Simon's had that as long, I remember seeing it for the first time in the airport photos when he went to the Monte Carlo event in June 2010.

I think one of his oldest garments is the brown sleeveless v-necked pullover.

I looked at all the published photos :

Fran is right: the green plaid shirt was seen in June 2010 !
I found the brown sleeveless v-necked pullover in January 2004
and also his red plaid shirt in December 2009 ! biggrin biggrin

Fran Date: Friday, 26-Apr-13, 7:31 PM | Message # 869
Fair Dinkum

Simon at Polonia Airport, Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia (posted 23rd April): http://instagram.com/p/Yb9toJoKdP/#

"saw him at the lounge. didnt think it was really him. until i saw him sitting behind my seat on the plane back to medan. and smiled at me when i was staring at him. yes. it is the mentalist dude. simon baker. he's staying in simeuleu for 10 days. (Polonia International Airport)"

Fran Date: Friday, 26-Apr-13, 8:02 PM | Message # 870
Fair Dinkum

'Glow' French magscans: http://liberation-and-relief.tumblr.com/post....erview#

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz