Monday, 20-May-24, 10:58 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
shoelady Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 5:56 PM | Message # 226
Jillaroo

Edit by Fran: This comment has been removed. Out of consideration for other members, please use spoiler tags with a warning, as I requested in Raven's post.

Raven Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 6:59 PM | Message # 227
Dinkie-Di

I deleted my post. Think it's better that way. Don't want anyone to get mad.

Fran Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 7:21 PM | Message # 228
Fair Dinkum

I don't want to risk someone else posting the information without a spoiler tag, so I'm posting it again.

This is unofficial spoiler information that may reveal Red John's identity.
As some people may not want to read this, any discussion about this information must be in spoiler tags with an adequate warning.

Wand6122360 Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 7:31 PM | Message # 229
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran. This is definitely one spoiler I don't want to know.

Evy Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 10:05 PM | Message # 230
Fair Dinkum

Fran

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 10:06 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 10:25 PM | Message # 231
True Blue

AgentM Date: Sunday, 10-Nov-13, 11:56 PM | Message # 232
Bee's Knees

Just uploaded my version of the final showdown between Jane and Red John. Wanted to get it up before we found out for real!!! Oh, the pressure!

Not to beg (well, shucks, actually I am begging...I only get better with feedback!) but I would love to hear your comments - you can reply in the fanfiction thread on this site, or by PM, or on the fanfiction site at the end of the story. I really am desperate for truthful (even if negative) feedback.

Here's the link Hope it works, if not, I guess typing it in might:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9836126/1/TO-CATCH-A-RED-EYE

I look forward to your thoughts. wink

Apologies for putting this shameless plug here, Fran. I'll remove it if you're not happy....I just got so excited that I'd finished it and wanted the maximum amount of honest people to read it!!!

Fran Date: Monday, 11-Nov-13, 12:24 PM | Message # 233
Fair Dinkum

From TVGuide - The Mentalist: Did Jane's Plan Backfire?
Interview with Ken Woodruff

Contains EPISODE SPOILERS 6.06 Fire And Brimstone
http://www.tvguide.com/News....16.aspx

Excerpt – Interview only (excludes Episode Recap preamble) - PART 1

Fran Date: Monday, 11-Nov-13, 12:25 PM | Message # 234
Fair Dinkum

From TVGuide - The Mentalist: Did Jane's Plan Backfire?
Interview with Ken Woodruff

Contains EPISODE SPOILERS 6.06 Fire And Brimstone

Excerpt – Interview only - PART 2

kul65 Date: Monday, 11-Nov-13, 2:13 PM | Message # 235
Cobber

Quote AgentM ()
Just uploaded my version of the final showdown between Jane and Red John. Wanted to get it up before we found out for real!!! Oh, the pressure!

Not to beg (well, shucks, actually I am begging...I only get better with feedback!) but I would love to hear your comments - you can reply in the fanfiction thread on this site, or by PM, or on the fanfiction site at the end of the story. I really am desperate for truthful (even if negative) feedback.

Here's the link Hope it works, if not, I guess typing it in might:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9836126/1/TO-CATCH-A-RED-EYE

I look forward to your thoughts.

Apologies for putting this shameless plug here, Fran. I'll remove it if you're not happy....I just got so excited that I'd finished it and wanted the maximum amount of honest people to read it!!!
Spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't read AgentM's story.

So! Just finished it and it was quite good. I like the creativity of having ice cream cones and air planes play in, makes it a very vivid read. Now I am partial to Partridge, so that decision I was very happy with. Your idea to include Stiles in the final confrontation is also very intriguing and I can see why it even had to be. The lines are all very Mentalist and it was easy to imagine the characters we've gotten to know speak and act as they did. Great work.

If I were to issue some critique as well, I would say there is a slight lacking in Jane's deduction skills. Going back after the story is done to make the behaviour of the suspect and Jane's read there-of more accurate to what the plot ended up as would be my suggestion. I'm here referring for example to the discussion Jane has with the guy in the diner, where he notes that "didn't" is the wrong tense for someone telling the truth. I would say it's a rather accurate use, given the victim is no more. There is also Red John himself, post-reveal. I think your attempt to handle his persona is ambitious in the least, and there is a lot to live up to given the legacy you try to build on. That said, I would've sat down for a while to really think through what the two want out of that confrontation and how it makes sense given their history. Then let the characters come to life on their own. The best part was to me when Partridge simply invited Jane aboard the plane and Jane went along with it, no questions asked. That moment really made a lot of sense to me. More like that, where the two play of their own knowledge of the other, would have probably added a lot of tension and depth to the moment.

To summarize: Great story. Not many could sit down and finish a project that big, and especially not as well as you did. There are pet peeves, of course, but those are mostly in the details, and as a whole, the story comes of as ambitious and creative. Good job. smile

Message edited by kul65 - Monday, 11-Nov-13, 2:14 PM

AgentM Date: Monday, 11-Nov-13, 8:13 PM | Message # 236
Bee's Knees

Thanks for your feedback, kul65. I've copied and pasted your comments into the fanfiction thread in FUN STUFF....and I've put a more lengthy response too, I hope you don't mind. I just didn't want to take up room in this thread, as it's not really relevant. I only posted the link here because it was a hot thread with lots of members visiting it --- I am shameless, I know, I admit it, I wanted as many people as poss to read it! biggrin

Fran Date: Wednesday, 13-Nov-13, 11:20 AM | Message # 237
Fair Dinkum

From TVGuide: http://www.tvguide.com/News....97.aspx
Any hints about who survives the explosion on The Mentalist? — Eric
ADAM: Spoiler alert: Jane lives! In all seriousness, the blast does take out a significant number of Red John suspects, and before Sunday's episode is over, Jane and Lisbon will go public with who they believe to be the serial killer. But it can't be that easy. And of course, it won't be: Look for Rockmond Dunbar to make his first appearance in the episode's waning moments. (Hint: He's not there to make friends.)

From TVLine: http://tvline.com/2013....usiello
Question: Purdy, purdy please any scoop on The Mentalist. —Erin
Ausiello: If you thought, as some did (I’m looking at you, Mitovich!), that last week’s episode-ending explosion was some sort of neatly orchestrated diversion technique, oh how wrong you are. No, as this coming Sunday’s episode opens, there are bodies (and, gulp, body parts) to be found, while a frantic Lisbon places her trust in perhaps the worst person possible.

kul65 Date: Wednesday, 13-Nov-13, 3:09 PM | Message # 238
Cobber

Going public with Red John's name still fits with the theory that Jane might have been putting on a show this season. It could also mean we've hit the point where he's about to put on a show, but I really hope it's the former. smile

Evy Date: Wednesday, 13-Nov-13, 3:21 PM | Message # 239
Fair Dinkum

Lisbon places her trust in perhaps the worst person possible.

What does that mean ? This is very worrying eek

kul65 Date: Wednesday, 13-Nov-13, 3:47 PM | Message # 240
Cobber

One thought if "the worst person possible" isn't Red John: What if it's Reede Smith, pretending to be undercover within the Tiger Tiger Consortium? I would like to see some justice done to him for Bob.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz