Monday, 20-May-24, 10:40 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
justlook3 Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 0:19 AM | Message # 241
Bee's Knees

Regarding spoilers that might be based on IMDB information, it's worth noting that like wikipedia that page is crowdsourced. And cast information for a certain future episode repeatedly changed all weekend, so obviously someone is pulling a prank.

Message edited by justlook3 - Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 0:22 AM

Evy Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 9:31 AM | Message # 242
Fair Dinkum

You're absolutely right Justlook3 : IMDB is not at all reliable ! up

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 9:32 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 11:56 AM | Message # 243
Fair Dinkum

SO… We are finally very very close to this moment.
Not a spoiler I know, but how I love this scene, and how it makes this dialogue even much more significant now that we are on the verge of Jane and RJ confrontation… so here is a little reminder I wanted to share happy
( and Jane's look at Lisbon in the 2d gif *shivers* )

PJaneloke Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 12:44 PM | Message # 244
Surfie

Thank you DS_Pallas. I love the gif.

bee Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 2:28 PM | Message # 245
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DS Pallas, a timely reminder indeed. It shows that Jane has never given up on his quest against RJ and time hasn't been a healer for him. In fact I think he has become more desperate now to end this and I fear that Lisbon will be unable to persuade him otherwise! sad

marta75 Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 9:44 PM | Message # 246
Rip Snorter

Poor Lisbon : she has never given up her illusions about a happy end !

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 2:12 AM | Message # 247
True Blue

Quote marta75 ()
Poor Lisbon : she has never given up her illusions about a happy end !

´Right, but isn´t that very much "Little Prince"-like? Sometimes we just WANT to believe in things to happen...(Jisbon-ship is not my thing, but stuff happens...who knows;)?

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 10:28 AM | Message # 248
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist Promotes Emily Swallow to Series Regular Ahead of Dec. 1 Debut
http://tvline.com/2013....fischer

Emily Swallow has been made a full-time member of The Mentalist 2.0.

The Monday Mornings actress — who was originally signed for just three episodes — has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular on the CBS procedural two weeks before her first episode even airs, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Very little is known about Swallow’s character, the enigmatic Kim Fischer, save for this little morsel: she will have a profound impact on Jane’s life. We can also confirm that she will first turn up on Dec. 1, which, not so coincidentally, marks the beginning of The Mentalist‘s post-Red John reboot.

News of Swallow’s upgrade comes a month after the show promoted fellow newbie Rockmond Dunbar to a regular. His no-nonsense FBI Supervisory Agent Dennis Abbott is scheduled to debut in this Sunday’s episode.

Swallow and Dunbar are being introduced in advance of the impending departures of Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman.

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 10:29 AM | Message # 249
Fair Dinkum

In The Mentalist's Penultimate Red John Episode, 'The World We've Built Gets Shaken to the Core'
http://tvline.com/2013....uspects

This Sunday on The Mentalist (CBS, 10/9c), Patrick Jane will quite possibly best his most incessant adversary ever: NFL overrun.

After being penalized by successive Sunday football delays and in one instance outright sidelined for a week, “My understanding is that’s not going to be a problem,” says co-producer Jordan Harper, who penned the penultimate episode of the Red John arc.

And it’s a good thing, too. When last we tuned in, Jane had lured the five remaining possi-Johns to his house, where it was revealed that Sheriff McAllister, Reede Smith and Gale Bertram all bear the “three dots” tattoo on their shoulders. Shortly after a shotgun-toting Jane separated the extra-suspect trio from Bret Stiles and Ray Haffner, we saw from outside that the gun went off. And then just as Lisbon arrived on the scene, the whole house went boom.

What exactly transpired inside? “The blanks that don’t get filled in [this week] will get filled in,” Harper answers.

With the promise of the Red John mystery being wrapped up over the course of these first eight episodes of Season 6 (concluding No. 24 with an installment written by show boss Bruno Heller), Harper agrees that he and the other writers have sort of been “passing a baton” from one to another, each tackling a piece of the climactic arc.

“It’s obviously a more serialized set of stories than we’ve ever done in the past, so it’s been a tremendous amount of fun,” he shares. “Particularly [last week']s ‘Fire & Brimstone,’ this one, ‘The Great Red Dragon,’ and the one following it, ‘Red John,’ which are basically seen as a trilogy” — meaning, Harper had to handle a specifically special set of circumstances. “There aren’t many things harder to write than the middle of a story,” he notes. “I was handed a cliffhanger ending, and had to tee up something for the next episode. It was very tricky fitting in both pieces of that puzzle while keeping the story moving.”

The end result of Harper’s efforts? “A lot of things happen in this episode that can’t be taken back, and things are going to change permanently,” he offers up.”The whole world we’ve built gets shaken to the core.” Then, with a nudge, he confirms: “There are some deaths.”

Speaking of the Grim Reaper: Harper, when presented with one Red John theory that’s swirling around, teases that the arguably uncertain fate of one “eliminated” candidate, Brett Partridge — who some fans still have in their virtual betting pool — will be addressed.

“One way or the other,” he previews, “there will be an answer to the fate of Brett Partridge — in one of my favorite scenes, actually, in an episode that’s full of big scenes.”

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 10:31 AM | Message # 250
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist Preview: Will Red John Escape Again?
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013....e-again

What will go down on The Mentalist Season 6 Episode 7 this Sunday? I've seen the episode and can offer up a few hints...

The explosion does cause some casualties and our Red John list is narrowed even more.
Despite being in an explosion and in the hospital, Jane's hair never looks less than amazing.
Someone utters the dialogue warning, "This is going to hurt."
We will learn more about this secret society that seems to be growing with the number of members.
Rigsby and Van Pelt get caught in some crossfire.
If you need a reminder where "Tyger, Tyger" comes from, you'll get one.
Rockmond Dunbar arrives as Dennis Abbott - and doesn't waste any time stirring things up.
Some key fixtures of the show do not survive the episode.
A big change happens in the final scene that will make things more difficult for our team moving forward.

Check back first thing Monday morning for my interview with episode writer Jordan Harper, who explains some of the big moments in the episode, and visit TV Fanatic the moment this installment ends for a full review.

Peithon Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 7:22 PM | Message # 251
Rip Snorter

Matt from TVLine says he's seen 'Red John' the final episode of the arc and it's even better than expected.

kul65 Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 8:13 PM | Message # 252
Cobber

Quote Peithon ()
Matt from TVLine says he's seen 'Red John' the final episode of the arc and it's even better than expected.
In his own words, you're misreading his words. :P

Here's the full series of Tweets:
@MattMitovich: "Watched @MENTALIST_cbs' Red John finale last night (airing 11/24). Even better than I anticipated."
In reply to @SimonBakerFP: "Strange that somebody thought it won´t be epic...after this season so far...but happy you liked it :)": "I am unable to elaborate on my opinion, but you're misreading my words."
In reply to @ilonarcari: "you promise? I dont like that viewers know more things then Jane. Is unsetteling..." "Do they, though...?"

That last one is, in my opinion, very interesting and settles a lot of worries of my own.

Message edited by kul65 - Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 8:13 PM

Peithon Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 11:51 PM | Message # 253
Rip Snorter

Actually I read it in the comments after the article he wrote about 6.07. Apparently the press already has access to it - itsameric has tweeted he's seen it as well.

marta75 Date: Sunday, 17-Nov-13, 8:04 PM | Message # 254
Rip Snorter

From all these spoilers, I'm very happy with the way the season is evolving. In the beginning of the show, I thought the writers would never have dared to break the rules of the networks like CBS (for example Jane exacting his vengeance and still surviving).
A Jane even more lunatic would be a very good news for me. cool

Peithon Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 12:14 PM | Message # 255
Rip Snorter

The Dove in Mary's right hand in the church...feel the hammer of symbolism...not sure whose voice RJ is...They have cloaked it well, sounds like old Richard Harris as Dumbledore...

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz