Friday, 10-May-24, 1:16 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
Fran Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 12:53 PM | Message # 271
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine: http://tvline.com/2013....lt-exit

The Mentalist's Amanda Righetti Confirms Exit, Teases 'Surprise' Send-Off For Van Pelt
With her departure from The Mentalist on the horizon, Amanda Righetti is finding comfort in a familiar refrain: change is good.

Speaking out for the first time about her spring exit, the actress concedes, “I feel like the time is probably right,” adding, “It’s the end of one thing but the beginning of something new.”

Righetti, who is leaving alongside leading man Owain Yeoman, admits that she’s still in the dark about how exactly Van Pelt and Rigsby will be written out of the CBS drama. “It keeps changing,” she explains. “It’s been a little bit of a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants season. I think it was sort of an unexpected turn for the writers too, to have the show kind of be reworked this season. So everybody’s kind of trying to figure it out. And [they're] probably keeping it close to the vest so it comes as a surprise to everyone that is watching.”

In the meantime, Righetti confirms that Van Pelt and Rigsby will play a role in the show’s post-Red John era, which kicks off in the Dec. 1 episode (following a two-year time jump). “Basically, they have their own private security company,” she reveals. “So we sort of are outsourced and freelanced with the FBI, and that’s how we fit in.”

Note - previous post also posted today.

Fran Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 1:36 PM | Message # 272
Fair Dinkum

From USAToday: http://www.usatoday.com/story....3639741
Spoilers Ep 6.07

'The Mentalist' regroups and moves forward, in time
The Mentalist is redefining itself.
In last week's episode, the FBI started shutting down the California Bureau of Investigation, home to consultant Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) and a team of law-enforcement agents. Tonight (CBS, 10 p.m. ET/PT), the show will resolve Jane's central quest to find Red John, the serial killer who murdered his wife and daughter.

And next Sunday, the sixth-season drama will jump ahead two years in its characters' lives, with the CBI out of business and its former members scattered. Jane isn't even in the country.

Red John "has helped define who (Jane) is as a character completely from the very beginning. It's been the driving force and the objective of my character is to find this guy," says Baker, who also directs next week's episode.

He compares the time jump between the two episodes to the development of a young child, with changes to the characters becoming more dramatic with the passage of time.

"You see how things have manifested over those two years. You see some real shifts in character and approach to life," Baker says. "It really does deal with the idea of what's missing in his life and how he's lost his mojo. It's a coming of age in a way."

The Mentalist joins a number of other shows, including Desperate Housewives and Fringe, that have pushed the calendar ahead to change their characters. Series creator Bruno Heller wanted the series to have time to examine how Jane deals with life after his main focus, Red John, is no longer a factor.

"A dark cloud has been lifted from him. … We wanted to see what Jane is like without this burden, a more joyous and happier Jane, a Jane who is free to think about what to do with the rest of his life," he says. Romance and happiness may be possibilities.

Two years after the end of the Red John case and the dismantling of the CBI Sacramento headquarters, former senior agent Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) is in northern California and married former agents Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) are in San Francisco. (Both characters will be written out later this season).

Another team member, Kimball Cho (Tim Kang), is in Austin, the previous stomping ground of FBI agent Dennis Abbott (Rockmond Dunbar), who is assigned to close the CBI after its infiltration by a secret society of corrupt California law enforcement agents, including the man at the center of the Red John manhunt, CBI director Gale Bertram (Michael Gaston).

Dunbar will be a series regular going forward, as will Emily Swallow, whose Kim Fisher character will get the better of the brilliant Jane in a battle of manipulation, Heller says. Yeoman and Righetti eventually will be leaving the series, as has been rumored, but not until much later this season.
'What was so interesting about Bruno's take is that he wanted to do it in the middle of the season," says Glenn Geller, CBS' executive vice president of current programming . "I think when the audience sees and understands what the time jump is about, how the character processes what has happened, how the other characters move forward, it's going to feel very natural."

The Mentalist is averaging 11.1 million viewers, down 4% in viewers and 13% in young adults compared with last season.
When The Mentalist returns after the end of the Red John story, "Jane has run away. He wants nothing to do with his old life at all. Lisbon has fewer options because she's a cop. She has to be a cop. She has made a new life for herself, (but) after two years she finds she's thinking about Jane all the time," Heller says.

The initial geographic separation between characters won't keep them from interacting. The show "redefines the relationship between Jane and Lisbon in a real and adult way. That's a really strong element of the show," Baker says.

"The new world that Jane and Lisbon inhabit is a world of higher stakes and bigger strategies. They won't just be solving crime in California," Heller says.
He says a revamped Mentalist could tell stories for some time.

"What the show really lives on is Baker's talent," Heller says. As long as Baker is enthusiastic and up for the challenge, the show can run as long as you like."

Fran Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 2:03 PM | Message # 273
Fair Dinkum

From TVGuide: http://www.tvguide.com/News....37.aspx

Spoilers Ep 6.08

Simon Baker Breaks Down the End of Red John and The Mentalist's Future

TV Guide Magazine: Did Red John have a death wish? Did he realize he just couldn't beat Jane?
Baker: No, I don't think so. It was more like delusions of grandeur. It was not enough for Red John to kill Jane's family. He desperately wanted a relationship with Jane — to the point where he exposed himself and put himself in jeopardy.

TV Guide Magazine:
Often when we get what we want, we find out it's not what we wanted at all.
Baker: "Protect me from what I want!" My wife has that saying on a little plaque in our kitchen. That's the catchphrase I took to [series creator] Bruno Heller and said, "This is what we have to do as the show moves forward. We have to deal with the comedown, the disappointment, the loss of focus." It's that meandering feeling you get after you've achieved the very thing that's driven you for years. Okay, you got what you wanted. What now?

TV Guide Magazine: You directed the next episode, where the show leaps ahead two years. What can you tell us about it?
Baker: It's almost like a pilot for a new show. When we come back after Red John's death, Jane is somewhere in paradise. A large portion of the episode is in Spanish. Cho is now with the FBI. Rigsby and Van Pelt have their own little detective business. And Lisbon is in Washington state working as a chief of police in a podunk kind of town. The episode opens with her talking to grade-school kids about what the police do. I had so much fun with the episode. It was such a reprieve from all the tension this season.

TV Guide Magazine: Any chance of a Jane-Lisbon romance? A lot of fans are dying to see that happen!
Baker: You will see that he really misses Lisbon and is a sad, floundering shadow of a man. He's afraid and just going around and around in circles. He's completely lost his mojo and he's asking himself, "Is this what you want to be? Is this the way you see the rest of your life?" He's offered a chance to go back to work for the F.B.I. and declines because he's trying to move on from that life. The episode has an interesting kind of noir-ish feel to it. Jane had been filled with this deep desire for revenge, which is generated out of self-loathing, right? Take that revenge out of the equation and he's just this guy who is empty. But the episode is also really romantic in a way, because you see how much Jane longs for companionship. You want to know something I've never talked about?

TV Guide Magazine: Hell, yeah!
Baker: All those times we heard the voice of Red John? That was me.

TV Guide Magazine: Seriously?
Baker: Yes! In the Season 2 finale, when Jane was captured and Red John did that "Tyger, Tyger" thing with the mask on? That was me. I played both characters in that scene.

TV Guide Magazine: Wow. That's especially trippy considering there was a major theory going around that Jane was Red John. So in a way that turned out to be true!
Baker: That was the reason I did that. There was a point where Bruno was saying, "We don't know who we're going to cast to play [the masked Red John]." I said, "Don't cast anyone! I'll do it." Bruno was, like, "I love it! I love it!" So I put on a mask and did that funny, wispy little voice. And for seasons after, whenever Red John spoke, I had to go record the voice.

TV Guide Magazine: Love it! So you're feeling good about the future?
Baker: I am! We're going to have some fun putting Jane into an entirely different work environment. He'll not only find his spark again — he'll have a whole lot of new people to rub the wrong way! I think we have a lot more miles to go. But you know what? We've had great times. I've invested so much of myself in this show and developed relationships with people I've genuinely come to love. It's been really, really fantastic — so much so that, if the thing finished tomorrow, I would walk away happy. I would walk away proud.

Ivana Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 5:24 PM | Message # 274
Fair Dinkum

Great interview with Simon, He is beautiful and talented man with many layers. thanks Fran smile

Fran Date: Tuesday, 26-Nov-13, 2:17 PM | Message # 275
Fair Dinkum

From TVEquals: http://www.tvequals.com/2013....eason-6

Episode 6.08 SPOILERS

Simon Baker & Bruno Heller Share All On The Mentalist “Red John” Episode & Season 6

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 26-Nov-13, 2:29 PM | Message # 276
Fair Dinkum

TV BLEND
5 Reasons Why The Mentalist's Red John Reveal Worked

http://www.cinemablend.com/televis....p1.html

Tonight was the big one. After five and a half seasons of a fascinating cat and mouse game between Thomas Jane and the serial killer known as Red John, The Mentalist finally saw fit to reveal the elusive sociopath’s identity and to offer our hero at least some measure of closure. Because of the nature of long-teased surprises, there will no doubt be some who are disappointed by the big reveal, but from where I’m sitting, it was actually a pretty fitting climax for more than a few reasons.

If you’re on the West Coast and haven’t yet gotten a chance to see the episode, or you’ve simply DVRed it instead of watching it live, I would highly, highly suggest holding off on reading this article until after you’ve gotten a chance to watch the events unfold. The twists and turns are far better experienced as complete surprises. Overanalyzing is always far better after something has aired as opposed to before.

One final warning: This article contains spoilers.
Still here? Alright great. Let’s start getting into specifics. Here are five reasons tonight’s Red John conclusion is the right resolution for the emotional and long drawn out story arc.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 26-Nov-13, 2:31 PM

Fran Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 0:45 AM | Message # 277
Fair Dinkum

From Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe....-659592

Episode 6.08 SPOILERS
Very similar to other articles coming out of the same Press Conference, but a few extra comments here

'Mentalist' Boss, Simon Baker on the Red John Reveal, Jane's Future and New Conflicts

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 0:53 AM | Message # 278
Bee's Knees

There's a promo picture out there of the 6.10 episode that made my heart happy. I'll try to snag it. Will there be a 6.10 episode thread pretty soon?

Fran Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 11:56 AM | Message # 279
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine: http://tvline.com/2013....eason-3

Question: On The Mentalist, I have one lingering question I hope you can get answered: Will the coded message the Van Pelt found in Bertram’s storage locker come up again anytime soon? —Andrew
Ausiello: Yes, it will. Sometime soon.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 12:08 PM | Message # 280
Fair Dinkum

Amanda Righetti interview - some spoiler info, but not a lot that we don't already know:

(3:42) http://www.popsugar.com/Why-Ama....2655535

Evy Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 5:12 PM | Message # 281
Fair Dinkum

Another Amanda Righetti interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6C-mqHefl8

She is really a beautiful woman !

Ivana Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 5:32 PM | Message # 282
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist - Episode 6.12 - Title Revealed

Episode 6.12 of The Mentalist will be called "Golden Hammer".

Source: SpoilerTV

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2013....xFma11x

Evy Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 9:51 AM | Message # 283
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine : info about Patrick and Kim relationship ...............

http://tvline.com/2013....#

Question: Any romantic scoop on The Mentalist‘s Patrick Jane and Kim Fischer? I see sparks aplenty in the “My Blue Heaven” promo. –Amy
Ausiello: …and you have also since seen, I assume, that Fisher is a Fed — and not the friendliest one, at that. That said, in this Sunday’s episode, we’ll get the sense that her brief time with Jane on the island left an impression on her — and perhaps vice versa.

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 3:58 PM

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 11:18 AM | Message # 284
Bee's Knees

Nooooooooo.....hands over ears....la-li-la-li-la....I can't hear you..... weep

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 11:28 AM | Message # 285
Fair Dinkum

OUch shippers… cry

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz