Tuesday, 30-Apr-24, 3:35 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
10 Green Thumb
Sun Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:47 PM | Message # 31
Cobber

In German we only have a green thumb ("einen grünen Daumen haben").
(I don't have even that, my plants rather grow although they are in my house. huh )

This gardener was a little too creativ about how to use his pots... surprised

Message edited by Sun - Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:50 PM

June Date: Thursday, 12-Dec-13, 2:19 PM | Message # 32
Bee's Knees

I was wondering about the meaning of the title but I didn't know that expression. Now, makes sense to me. Thanks, Justlook.

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 12-Dec-13, 2:31 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

I do love how we find out from each other these lovely expressions in each of our languages....The Mentalist has truly made us an international family

Tina Date: Thursday, 12-Dec-13, 6:20 PM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

I love that too Mossibecca. I'm happy we are so international here. I've always been interested how things are in other countries.

Haven't wrote anything about the episode yet:
I can just say I LOVE the new direction of the show and I SO love this episode.
Simon looks better than ever, and I like it that he really acted like a Mentalist and also like a psychic.
I loved the Lisbon/ Jane scenes. Felt so sorry for him about what Lisbon said on the plane. You could see how sad that made him.
I hope some day she tells him what she feels about him. I don't think Lisbon has ever told him how much he means to her, has she?
He told her quite a few times in the past how important she is for him. And I guess he thought about her every day in these 2 years on the island. He wrote her letters telling her everything that was going on. I wonder if she wrote him back ...

Very much looking forward to the next ones. I really like Abbott. It's going to be interesting.

Ivana Date: Thursday, 12-Dec-13, 11:31 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Regarding the name of the episode Green Thumb, I also think, beside that victim was a gardener, that they put the seed for new Jane (new experiences, relationships and life decisions) and new The Mentalist 2.0. It seems appropriate.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Dec-13, 3:16 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

An excellent, comprehensive & pertinent review by bloomingviolet2013 ( on Reviewbrain's Blog ): I suggest you to read it!

Mentalist Green Thumb Review

http://reviewbrain.wordpress.com/

June Date: Saturday, 21-Dec-13, 6:50 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

I use to visit that site, there are always interesting and very well written reviews. Good suggestion, DS.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Dec-13, 9:50 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

There's something I'd like to see on the next episodes:
Janes and Lisbon working together to break the code of this Bertram's list and leading a new secret investigation to hunt those remaining Blake associations members (there must be a few, isn't it?).

And did you noticed what Abbot says to Fisher when they are in Schneiderman's garden? “if there’s something this job kills inside, it’s a sense of trust”…
Does it implicitly means he wants to trust Jane? That he really wishes Jane is right about the body of the psychic? If so, maybe the two men will eventually get along and build a good realtionship, despite what Abbott says to Jane in his office later (“I’m sure some people find this side of you endearing. But I’m not one of them”)?

What do you think?

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 3:38 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 1:19 AM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

I'm with you 100% DS_Pallas. Those were my thoughts exactly. I am so looking forward to exploring the new relationships in the new version of this show.

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 4:03 AM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

Dallas, thank you for posting this review site. Much better than TV Fanatic. I enjoyed even going back and catching a few missed notes in previous epis. These people are very thorough and insightful.

And yes, I'm thinking also that Abbott will eventually get Patrick, the essence of the man. Hightower did in the end, understand what made him, him.

Ivana Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 9:08 AM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

The Reviewbrain has one of the most eleborative reviews on TM and very interesting comments.

My thoughts also on Abbott, DS_Pallas, I brought that up on another thread after reading his FBI profile on CBS site

Quote from the Abbott's FBI profile:
"...he spent the last few years assembling a skilled team of investigators that were willing to bend the rules to protect the innocent."

It seems that there is more to Abbot than what is shown so far and that he is the one who wants Jane on his team, not his bosses as he said to Jane. Looks like he is open minded and fair but strict.

And his name is interesting. This is from the Wikipedia:
"The word abbot, meaning father, is a title given to the head of a monastery in various traditions, including Christianity."

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 4:16 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

Quote Ivana ()
"The word abbot, meaning father, is a title given to the head of a monastery in various traditions, including Christianity."

Interesting… The childish behaviour of Jane suggests he may need a fatherly figure in his work, just as Lisbon was sometimes pictured with a motherly attitude towards his eccentric consultant.

Jane looks like an unmanageable teenager sometimes. Abbott is clever but did not properly evaluate who he was facing. Apparently, a fatherly figure don't have very positive resonance for him. His problem with authority must come from his carnival culture, but also from a bad father/son relationship. Would be nice if we cold a bit more about his carnie past in the last part of this season. However, Abbott and Jane future relation seems very promising, with potential plot twists… Till Trust wins the day smile

That can apply to Jane/Lisbon too… They have to redefine their relationship. Hope it will be cleverly written and elaborated.

Evy Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 5:05 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

As I wrote above in my commentary, PJ called ABBOTT by his first name (Dennis). This proves that he treats of as an equal and wants to forge a link.

I don't find he has a childish behaviour with Abbott. He knows exactly what he does. He marks the foundation of a relation which is not translated by "superior" and "inferior". I think that he really has the willpower to built a particular relationship.

(He also called Agent Fischer "Kim").

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 6:35 PM | Message # 44
Bee's Knees

How many times has Jane asked Lisbon to call him Patrick. Lisbon hasn't yet defined this new relationship with Jane, so still calling him as always. Maybe with time she will no longer treat him as a child but as an equal, we will see that probably when first name basis is established. Patrick needs family desperately and hides that in his childish displays.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 7:03 PM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

Calling someone by his first name can also be a way of belittle them, of showing disrespect for authority. It can be slightly anoying for officers like Abbot, or Fisher…

Maybe it's Jane's way of giving a tit for a tat. Abbott betrayed him after signing the deal on the island. Jane's gesture of writing terms on a napking was impulsive, force it to Abbott rather naive and childish - or was made to look like that. Eventually, Abbott treated Jane and their deal with contempt. He thought he had the upper hand. I found the FBI agents rather dismissive with PJ. Fisher undervalued him, stating him weak and unsure, thinking she had figured him out ; Abbott went for frontal attack, imposing his rules, like you could do with a desobedient teen.
Wrong tactics!

My aim was to simply point out the fact that Jane is not always what he seems to be. And Abbott & co are learning it the hard way. biggrin

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz