Friday, 26-Apr-24, 5:43 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 19 Brown Eyed Girls (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
19 Brown Eyed Girls
Evy Date: Friday, 21-Feb-14, 9:48 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.19 "Brown Eyed Girls"

A CHANCE ENCOUNTER LEADS JANE TO UNCOVER A VAST HUMAN SMUGGLING RING, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, APRIL 27

“Brown Eyed Girls” – A chance encounter with a suspicious-looking individual leads Jane and Lisbon to uncover a vast human smuggling ring. Meanwhile, Lisbon remains tempted by Pike’s offer to move to D.C. with him, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: How does bumping into a stranger lead Jane to uncover a human smuggling ring? Find out on a new #TheMentalist #CBS 4/27 @ 10pm ET http://bit.ly/1hdeM1a

SERIES REGULARS:

Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)

RECURRING CAST:

Joe Adler (Wiley)
Pedro Pascal (Marcus Pike)

GUEST CAST:

Nick Van Esmarch (Thaddeus Delahay)
Mia Faith (Leanne Cole)
Kelly Donohue (Cody Sherman)
Zuleyka Silver (Daniela Walker)
Carol Kiernan (Claudia Fornham)
Joey Gaytan (Ramon)
Norman Howell (Truck Driver)
Yan Feldman (Ray Qasimi)
Hari Dhillon (Ali Qasimi)
Nandy Martin (Amy Welker)
Joshua Dev (Jesse)
Titus Welliver (Michael Ridley)
John Hensley (Anthony Tremel)

WRITTEN BY : Eoghan Mahony and Michael Weiss
DIRECTED BY : Sylvain White

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 9:10 AM

Fran Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 12:05 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

source: https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-ent....3-weeks

Hayseed Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 12:59 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

Blerg. I can't imagine how awful this makes Jane feel.

Raven Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 8:49 AM | Message # 4
Dinkie-Di

I absoluty loved this episode. Everything was perfect, the acting, the case, character development. It was full of sad, heartbreaking and funny moments. My favorite this season.

Message edited by Raven - Monday, 28-Apr-14, 2:07 PM

Peithon Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 10:52 AM | Message # 5
Rip Snorter

Now, this was a much better episode than we've been getting of late, it showed the many talents of Jane and not too much of Pike. Loved the hat scene between Jane and Abbott.

KathyF Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 1:10 PM | Message # 6
Rip Snorter

Loved this episode so much! That is all I can say!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 4:45 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

What a great shift in relationships. Lisbon torn about making a decision and Jane alternatively sad and rooting for her. His caress of the dying girl's face, acting skills my friend.

Thrill Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 4:46 PM | Message # 8
Dinkie-Di

Jane's facial expressions at the end - so evocative.............

Hayseed Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 7:16 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

Baker completely killed me in this episode. Somebody give this guy an award already.

AgentM Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 7:58 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

I agree with all of the comments. Kudos to the cast and crew. It was certainly a heart-tugger in many ways. The opening scene - Mr B certainly pulled it out of the bag for that one. I had a serious lump in my throat when he said "I know" after Lisbon pointed out that the poor girl had died. I immediately got the flashback to the moment he found his wife and daughter - even though it has never been shown on the show! That is a testament to this guy's acting skills - he's even making me see the thoughts in his head!! Incredible! If no-one is going to reward his talents in the industry, we may just have to have one made for him and have it special delivered to him! It is scandalous that much lesser actors get given awards. Tsk tsk. fudge

This was a great episode from start to finish. Loved the road trip in the Airstream with Ma and Pa upfront and the bored teen in the back distracting himself with a book! As for Jane and Abbott's little mooch to Mexico - the hats? Well, what can you say? Abbott makes a great straight man to Jane's comic tendencies. haha

My heart went out to Cho when he was staring at the missing girl's photo at the end - I just know that he wouldn't give up. Even after the episode finished I envisioned him finding another lead and continuing the hunt. He is tenacious. For a moment, I even imagined us returning to the his quest in one of the next few episodes until he finds her and reunites her with her sister!

The scenes between Lisbon and Pike were good - she is certainly much more relaxed in his company and looks more relaxed when around him than she does when with Jane. Loved the fact that she put it out there for Jane, making it perfectly clear that she wanted him to say something. But he didn't bite - deliberately. But then, that's Jane - back him into a corner and he still won't give in - he'll just dig in his claws and hold his ground. Loved the way Simon and Robin played it. And the little head shaky-nod thing Simon did after she left with Pike - awwhhh - very cute and childish at the same time. It reminded of the scene in the motel in Vegas after he returned to his room after a night in the cells - he did exactly the same thing before downing vodka from the mini-bar. It was the 'I know I shouldn't, but what the hell...' kind of a look. Resignation. But deep inside...

He knew exactly what Lisbon was doing by asking, hell she even challenged him to say something more, hoping desperately... but nothing. Jane is the sweetest, most caring and protective but stubborn-as-a-mule guy I've ever seen. Willing to sacrifice for the sake of those he cares deeply about. He still doesn't feel worthy. It was interesting that when Pike asked if they were done, he repeated "We're done." Was it his attempt at just changing the subject, or could he be using it to clearly indicate that there is no chance between them? Perhaps it's his way of giving Lisbon permission to move on with her life because he would only hold her back?

The look she shot back at him as she left with Pike spoke a thousand words. I'm not a shipper and never will be but the emotional tension between the two of them at the moment is gripping. Lisbon is just as stubborn-headed at times and the final look was of sorrow, yet I felt like there was also a sense of maybe making a decision a little out of spite - just to show him.

Overall, very good writing, incredible acting and superbly executed by all involved. Loved it - much better than last week.

Oops, sorry for the long post - got a bit wrapped up!!

Message edited by AgentM - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 10:10 AM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 28-Apr-14, 11:23 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I REALLY enjoyed the episode...had me hooked from the first minute.

I thought it was so good that they didn't play the theme music at the beginning, it is such a 'jolly' theme, and would have ruined the moment....not something that is thought of in a lot of shows.

I thought that they should have shown Lisbon saying sorry to Jane, she seems to be going out of her way to rub his nose in the 'Pike affair' and then calls him a jerk, when he was right all along....I feel like pushing her away and giving him a hug!!

I like Abbot more and more each week, I loved how he very gently pointed out to Lisbon that Jane didn't know about her possible move....I was surprised that Lisbon hadn't realised herself. Abbot seems to be looking out for Jane, he seems to see the still broken man underneath the veneer of normality.

It was fun when they had the hats on....did you notice that Jane started walking like John Wayne in the cowboy films when he was wearing the stetson? He really gets into the role.

And Cho using the radio....he was so good at it.

But the ending.....to me Lisbon was trying to force a confrontation....she seems to be kidding herself that she is happy, and I think that she IS enjoying to attention, but forever?......I don't think so.....Her and Pike don't know each other enough, Jane just looked like a man who has been struck by lightening at the end.....he was numb, and in shock.

Looking forward to next week!

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 0:28 AM | Message # 12
Rip Snorter

Once more time one of the best episodes of season 6. Congratulations to all the cast : even the smaller role as Thaddeus were great. And at last a very good acting of Robin Tunney. She's more feminine, she seems overplaying with Pike, she's playing with a lot of sensibility with Jane, and now for me the jisbon thing is very credible. And Simon Baker ...... is Simon : the best ! smile

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 0:31 AM | Message # 13
Rip Snorter

Yes !!! I'm a cobber (I don't know what is it but it's cool)

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 7:52 AM | Message # 14
True Blue

Simonnnn! love

Tina Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 9:03 AM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

What a fabulous episode! Like you said, Mossibecca, it had me too from the first moment on. I got the feeling this is one of the very very good episodes right when it started. Great acting by all of them, and I really like Abbott more and more!

Lisbon starts to act like Van Pelt when she was with O'Loughlin (?). I mean, she's angry when Jane calls her in a very important matter! She's an FBI agent! She's on the job all the time. She's his partner.
She has lunch with her boyfriend during work and is annoyed when she gets "bothered" to work. During work hours when she should have her full attention on the job! And for me, Pike gets a bit too persistant. I wouldn't like my boyfriend show up at work all the time! I liked him at the beginning, but now he just gets a bit annoying. Pushing her too much. As she said, she's always been an independent woman, and now all of the sudden she should leave anything behind and go with a man she hardly knows.

I felt so sorry for Jane at the end! Again. I just want to hug him and tell him he should forget about Lisbon and be with me tongue .
I sure would treat him different. I would understand him. Why he acts like he acts.
She should know him well enough now to see how he feels about it and that he has problems to show his feelings or talk about his feelings. And that he feels he's not good enough for her. After all these years she should know!

All in all, one of the absolutely highlights of the season. Well, there are so many, but this one was really extraordinary, again.
Just can't wait to see how this all goes on and hope for a happy end for Jane! Because he's definately not happy at the moment.

And I still say that Lisbon doesn't love Pike (even if there are promo photos that look different). She likes him, maybe she has a little crush, but she doesn't love him.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 19 Brown Eyed Girls (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz