Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 9:20 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Blue Bird
AgentM Date: Wednesday, 04-Jun-14, 8:37 PM | Message # 121
Bee's Knees

Yeah, Juney...I kinda have seen them so many times now, I actually recite the lines ahead of the actors now! lol.

Funny though, 'cos a lot of the times, I can't even remember what I did the day before! But it's always been the same with TV shows...if I like something it sticks...even the names of bit-part actors - some of whom never really make it but might turn up in a film or something years after I first saw them. As soon as I see the name I remember them. Faces I'm better with - I guess it has something to do with being a teacher and having to remember so many different kids' names and faces! Either that or I'm some kind of Mentalist savant! Ha ha. haha

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 3:11 PM | Message # 122
Fair Dinkum

Made me smile! The finale prooved him right! tongue

from @FilipineD

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 4:11 PM | Message # 123
Bee's Knees

This is funny and made me laugh out loud.....great fun

Hayseed Date: Saturday, 21-Jun-14, 1:09 AM | Message # 124
Bee's Knees

Cute!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 04-Jul-14, 3:28 PM | Message # 125
Fair Dinkum

Review Brain "BLUE BIRD" review

http://reviewbrain.wordpress.com/2014....-review

Ivana Date: Friday, 04-Jul-14, 3:44 PM | Message # 126
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DS_Pallas, I love reading their reviews, esp Violet's references. Nice read.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 11-Sep-14, 12:00 PM | Message # 127
Fair Dinkum

The last scene of ep22 with the kiss has reached 490 000 viewers on YouTube!

From Entwife Incognito tumblr page:

" Watch THE KISS:
We are so close to HALF A MILLION VIEWS! We did this!

Keep hitting that Play button every time you see this on your dash. And reblog often so others can do the same! We are AWESOME! 490,000+ views right now.

This video and the I Love You video have DEFINITELY come to the attention of CBS! The number of viewers on each is phenomenal and constantly growing as we work towards our goal of One Million views for each. Our activity has attracted advertising, which is a big deal for CBS to be able to sell. They’ve put ads on the videos now. That’s revenue for CBS. Makes them pay attention to us, know we’re here, active, in love with and pining for our show. And worth pleasing, on at least some levels. Let their ads play, too, and click them when you can.

GREAT JOB, MENTALISTAS & MENTALISTOS!! You effin’ rule! "

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 11-Sep-14, 12:08 PM

Tina Date: Thursday, 11-Sep-14, 7:21 PM | Message # 128
Fair Dinkum

That's really great! TM fans are amazing.

redbird Date: Thursday, 11-Sep-14, 11:17 PM | Message # 129
Dinkie-Di

Have you guys ever thought about contacting CBS and letting them know that you love The Mentalist and want it to go on? One person might not make a difference in their decision about keeping the show but hearing from many people might make a difference. On the CBS website down at the bottom of the screen there's a Broadcast Feedback option and you can communicate directly to the network.

My unanswered question is: Does Simon Baker want to play Patrick Jane anymore or is he ready to move on to other things? If the show did get a Season 8, would he sign a new deal to do it? I know that he's under contract through Season 7 but he's been pretty vocal about how grueling a television shooting schedule is and how much of a sacrifice his work schedule is for his family. He doesn't need to do it for the money. He's made enough money with The Mentalist and his endorsements - probably $50+ Million just on the Mentalist alone - that he really doesn't ever have to work again. Does anyone have any insight here?

AgentM Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 9:34 AM | Message # 130
Bee's Knees

Redbird, why do you think CBS suddenly decided to make Season 7 (albeit only 13 episodes) ? As you're new around here, you probably missed all the fun!There was a massive campaign on social network sites, some serious trending and lots of frogs and teacups involved!!! So to answer your question, yes we all did that already. biggrin

I truly believe Bruno and the writers got Jane and Lisbon together for the kiss because they thought that was it - game over, but then the fans got involved, CBS realised they still had a potential to make more money out of the show and voila - 13 more episodes!

Personally, as much as I love TM, I love the idea of seeing what else Simon can pull out of his bag of tricks. It would be unfair of us to keep him from that, no matter how much we all love Patrick Jane. Things come to an end, we might not like it but we have to deal with it. Besides, Simon will still be around - I've still got a bet that he will win an Oscar for directing within the next 10 years - so he'd better be! wink

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 11:16 AM | Message # 131
Fair Dinkum

Quote redbird ()
Does Simon Baker want to play Patrick Jane anymore or is he ready to move on to other things?

I think your question has been kind of answered already by Simon himself. I see through his interviews that he's ready to move on, and probably won't sign for a season 8, and frankly, I doubt CBS and the show producers will ask for it.

The thing is, how far can you stretch a story line? The Mentalist has reached a point where, IMO, the character has given all he can give. He had his revenge, he's declared his love to the woman who slowly became the centre of his universe, what else can he bring? Yes, new adventures, but it will be a completely different series. So let's take this new half season has a gift, an "encore" as Heller said, and enjoy.

And prepare to say googbye to Patrick Jane. mellow

redbird Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 2:06 PM | Message # 132
Dinkie-Di

I am new here. That's why I asked all of the questions I asked.

The Mentalist is a procedural show so, technically, it could go on forever. NCIS has been on the air for 11 seasons and Law & Order SVU has been on the air for so long that I can't even remember what season they're getting ready to start. Yes, if The Mentalist continued, it would be a completely different show. But it's been a completely different show since the Red John reveal and that was intentional.

At the heart of my questions was "Does Simon still want to play Patrick Jane?" That wasn't a selfish question. I think I've read and heard just about every interview Simon has given in the past year. Many have asked about the possibility that The Mentalist is coming to an end. Simon has been gracious, of course - all good things must end, etc. - but he's also said that there's still a lot left that he can do with the Patrick Jane character. I was just asking if anyone knew for sure that Simon is ready to say good-bye to Patrick Jane.

Selfishly, I'm not ready to say good-bye to Patrick Jane. I think he's the best character on TV.

Tina Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 3:17 PM | Message # 133
Fair Dinkum

I too would love to get more TM redbird. And since Simon hasn't really said he will not go on after Season 7 (other actors usually say this before they start shooting the final season) I think maybe he would be in for another season if CBS would order one. I see some kind of sadness when he talks about the end. And with his sons still in school it might be convenient for him to go on working in LA. So many other shows run so much longer. I see a lot of untold stories that could be filmed. And with only 13 episodes he'd had time to do a movie. I too am not really ready to say goodbye to TM...but I guess I never will.

redbird Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 4:07 PM | Message # 134
Dinkie-Di

Did CBS delay the Season 7 renewal because it wasn't sure about the viability of the show anymore or did the delay have more to do with their concern about the virtual departure of Bruno Heller? Supposedly Heller is still doing both shows but how much attention is he giving The Mentalist when he has a brand new show that he's trying to make a hit?

If CBS has changed it's programming philosophy and the network does plan to run new programming all throughout the year, could there be a place on their schedule for additional seasons of a truncated version of The Mentalist? Logic says that something will have to go onto their schedule after it airs Season 7 of The Mentalist ..............

kim Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 4:09 PM | Message # 135
Bee's Knees

I have also gotten the impression from his interviews that he is ready to move on from TM. I am doubtful that the studio is willing to pay enough to keep the principals for another season. I also have the impression that while he has enjoyed playing Jane, he needs to be challenged often to keep his creative spark. It makes me sad to think that we are facing only 13 new episodes but, Simon needs to do what is best for him and his family, despite the pressure from fans. That said, I will still be willing to tweet, send tea or frogs to whomever in an effort for more TM!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz