Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 5:06 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 0:01 AM | Message # 61
Fair Dinkum

Quote Tassie ()
Also (please don't shoot me) I want Jane @ Lisbon to have their moment in the sun, and then realise that although they love each other deeply marriage would not work as they both want completely different things out of life.

Aw Tassie, nobody will shoot you here bag

tongue This said, I don't think Lisbon & Jane woul think about marriage. I don't know, it just doesn't match the show spirit for me. But of course I don't know what Heller has in mind.

And as Hayseed, I don't see what makes you deduce that they want completely different things out of life. Jane wants Lisbon in his life, as well as Lisbon wants Jane in hers. They know each other so well already… It may be a long and winding road, but I can't see why their relationship couldn't work at the end.
Yes once they were very different, nearly opposite, but it was at the begining of the series. Now they are no longer the same. Lisbon has put some water in her wine, and Jane clearly doesn't want to be the man he was before RJ's death. There's a good chance for their relationship to be a strong one. With up and downs, but a good one.

Am I too optimistic? wacko

Tina Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 8:56 AM | Message # 62
Fair Dinkum

DS, I didn't mean with the private moments to see Jane and Lisbon together as a couple, I mean that I'd like to see Jane in private moments. We've never seen much of him off work, and I just would love to see him in casual outfit and see what he is doing when not working.

I think Jane and Lisbon can work it out, they both are pretty much alone, and they've known each other so well. I don't want to see the show end in marriage though. I just don't see it happen in the next view years, and unless TM would go on for a few more seasons what will not happen I guess, it would go too fast for me to see them marry. They have a long way to go as a couple, and it will not be easy.

But whatever is coming in Season 7, I'm ready biggrin
I know Bruno will not make it a romantic series with lots of love. Some nice Jane/ Lisbon scenes, but not too much "couple things".
And a lot of Jane please!

bee Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 12:33 PM | Message # 63
Fair Dinkum

For me Jane and Lisbon make the perfect couple. They have known each other for 12 years and Lisbon has helped Jane over a most horrific and traumatic time and have been through so much together and share such a strong bond that I cannot imagine them being apart. Of course they both have issues to be addressed but by supporting each other (like they have always done) I see them with a good future together. They are both caring people by nature and caring for each other will have a positive effect on their relationship.

Although Lisbon has committment issues she has never shown these where Jane is concerned. She has always supported him, even though it has been against her better judgement at times and to the detriment of her job, and over the course of time has become more flexible in her approach to work. Jane has many more issues to be worked out, least of all his guilt over the deaths of his family, the grief he still feels, from which he'll never completely recover, and the wearing of his wedding ring. But with Lisbon's support he will gradually overcome these issues and live a relatively normal life again.

As to marriage, who can tell? Personally I'd like to see them as a married couple. Jane (like Simon) is a traditional man and having finally declared his love to Lisbon I believe he would want to prove his love and his sincerity (and the fact that he is "here to stay") by marrying Lisbon, who would appreciate the gesture being a religious woman. Perhaps if there is a time jump we may even get to see this.

Of course we all have different ideas and theories as to what might happen, especially as this will probably be the last season, and that's how it should be and any Series that causes much debate proves what a great show it is.

Whatever Bruno has in mind for Season 7 is anyone's guess but I'm sure he and Simon will not let us down and will continue to entertain us as always and I, for one, cannot wait.

Message edited by bee - Monday, 30-Jun-14, 12:54 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 1:38 PM | Message # 64
Fair Dinkum

Quote tinamarianne ()
DS, I didn't mean with the private moments to see Jane and Lisbon together as a couple, I mean that I'd like to see Jane in private moments. We've never seen much of him off work, and I just would love to see him in casual outfit and see what he is doing when not working.

I had undestood you Tina, don't worry. And as much as I'd love to see more "private" Jane like you, as a Simon fan (every Simon moment on screen is OK with me happy ), I was wondering if it would be very useful for the story to see him alone doing casual things.
You see what I mean? I think story-wise, it doesn't have much interest. Same for Jane/Lisbon mundane life, unless these moments are showing tensions, sharp dialogs, or angst, arguments, or great complicity, or laughs etc, ie writing devices wich make the story of Lisbon/Jane relationship progress.

Tina Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 2:29 PM | Message # 65
Fair Dinkum

I agree, as long as I see Simon on the screen I take any scene, even him reading the phone book (and we know Jane does this as he mentioned it to Cho in one episode tongue ).
But just a few private scenes, without suit, just casual outfit, I really would like to see. We had a few, but a few more would be nice. I'd love to see some scenes in Jane's new airstream.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 3:26 PM | Message # 66
Fair Dinkum

Aah ah you make me maugh Tina… I can picture Jane washing the dishes in his Airstream, Jane giving the Airstream an oil change, JAne using his broom to clean the Airstream floor tongue

Er, Now I'd close a very modest door on any scene with a Lisbon who visits him in the Airstream at night after work, or on a shiny sunday… angel

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 5:01 PM | Message # 67
Bee's Knees

Lisbon has already mentioned her dislike of the Airstream. Jane might have to concede that one. Lisbon has her own place, but since she had shared it with Pike, this might not be ideal for the two of them. Where will we be seeing this saga continue?

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 8:26 PM | Message # 68
True Blue

Quote DS_Pallas ()
Jane giving the Airstream an oil change

yeah, I can imagine him wearing a dirty undershirt and also oil on his cheek while doing that: roarrrrr!

erm, sorry I just lost it... angel

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Monday, 30-Jun-14, 8:26 PM

marta75 Date: Monday, 30-Jun-14, 10:45 PM | Message # 69
Rip Snorter

haha BBB I share the same dream tongue

kim Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 3:12 PM | Message # 70
Bee's Knees

Here's another short article about the new cast member, but they don't even know who has been cast yet! I am amazed that poor material that is just a rewrite of previously published work gets put out at all. But they did use a great photo of Simon!
http://www.vcpost.com/article....ega.htm

Fran Date: Thursday, 24-Jul-14, 3:44 PM | Message # 71
Fair Dinkum

previous post moved from spoiler thread

kim Date: Monday, 28-Jul-14, 3:17 PM | Message # 72
Bee's Knees

I hope that this is the best thread? A short article came out today, nothing new that I see, but confirmation about previous information about the new addition to the cast.
http://www.vcpost.com/article....ney.htm

Evy Date: Monday, 28-Jul-14, 3:36 PM | Message # 73
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Kim for posting

Extract of this article

Bla ! Bla ! Bla ! .....I absolutely don't believe it. Each time there is a new female character, it's the same old tune wink

I actually doubt the seriousness of this "source"

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 28-Jul-14, 4:27 PM

Tina Date: Monday, 28-Jul-14, 4:05 PM | Message # 74
Fair Dinkum

I don't believe it too! And she's way too young anyway. And Jane is just not that way ! I guess he is just happy to have Lisbon now! He won't even look at another woman.

bee Date: Monday, 28-Jul-14, 4:21 PM | Message # 75
Fair Dinkum

Having FINALLY declared his true feelings to Lisbon (and in such a dramatic way) it seems ludicrous to imagine ANOTHER love triangle...sometimes I wonder if the writers of these articles actually watch The Mentalist!!! I just hope too much time isn't wasted on this "last minute" new character, I want to see MORE Jane as this is the last season! cry

Message edited by bee - Monday, 28-Jul-14, 4:48 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz