Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 4:50 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
Fran Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 1:19 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

Season 7 Spoilers about unaired episodes are posted here. If you don't want to read Spoilers, hit the back button now.

Please only post spoilers from reputable sources in this thread (e.g. Cast/Crew, CBS, TVGuide, TVLine, Entertainment Weekly, Deadline, SpoilerTV)

If posting major spoilers on the Home Page, please just post a heads-up and link to this thread.

Fran Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 1:19 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Already posted elsewhere:

Joe Adler promoted to series regular
http://www.deadline.com/2014....regular
Recent Mentalist cast addition Joe Adler has been promoted to a series regular for the upcoming seventh season of the veteran crime drama. Adler plays Jason Wylie, the lighthearted and brilliant FBI computer expert with a deep interest in Jane’s (Simon Baker) mind games. Adler’s promotion is not a surprise as has appeared on a recurring basis in every episode of the show since its reboot halfway through Season 5 when the Red John storyline was wrapped up and show’s setting was moved from California to Texas. When it renewed The Mentalist last month, CBS did not specify the size of the order but I’d heard that it is for a 13-episode seventh and likely final season, something the network also would not confirm. The Mentalist is not on CBS’ fall schedule and is slated to return in midseason if not sooner. Adler, repped by Paradigm and Authentic, did an arc on Shameless and will next be seen in The Maze Runner.

New regular cast member
http://tvline.com/2014....bassett
Question: My favorite show is The Mentalist. Do you have any news for Season 7?
Ausiello: A new woman is about to enter Patrick Jane’s (professional) life. The CBS drama is casting the series regular role of Michelle Vega, a rookie FBI agent who is a student of combat and weaponry and is unfazed by high-pressure situations (such as when the show awaited that 11th-hour renewal).

Fran Date: Wednesday, 09-Jul-14, 9:42 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Anything on The Mentalist?
Look for even more new faces when the show returns. I hear the team will welcome Michelle, a book smart, eager rookie FBI agent who is hungry to learn and willing to sacrifice her personal life to focus on making a good impression on her superiors. I'm not the only one who thinks her by-the-book ways will clash with Patrick Jane's style, am I?
http://www.tvguide.com/news....76.aspx

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 09-Jul-14, 5:09 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

she may be a foil for Patrick but probably a good match for Cho.

Evy Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 4:36 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine : Exclusive

The Mentalist Casts Make It or Break It's Josie Loren as (Potential) Regular

http://tvline.com/2014/07/18/the-mentalist-season-7-josie-loren-cast/#

The Mentalist is adding to its ranks in Season 7, casting Make It or Break It star Josie Loren in a major recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Loren will play Michelle Vega, the newest addition to Patrick Jane’s FBI crew. She’s a rookie fresh out of the FBI Academy: eager, ambitious, hungry to learn. She’s never heard of Jane, knows nothing of his methods or past, and casts a skeptical eye on his unorthodox, rule-busting ways.

Loren — whose deal includes a series regular option — will partly fill the void left by original cast members Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti, who exited the series in the spring.

The Mentalist is slated to return to CBS’ schedule at midseason.

Message edited by Evy - Friday, 18-Jul-14, 4:36 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 4:58 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

This might be a nice girl, but I'm just NOT happy with another main character on TM.

bee Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 5:37 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

I agree Tina...I still miss Grace and Rigsby and can't see the point of them leaving only to have new characters take their place. It's just not the same without the Cho and Rigsby banter and why do all the new women characters look similar? She looks a lot like Lorelei (and Lisbon) to me!! I thought Abbott and Fischer replaced Grace and Wayne anyway! sad With perhaps only 13 episodes left I want to see MORE of Jane not less!

Message edited by bee - Friday, 18-Jul-14, 5:39 PM

Tassie Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 6:06 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Totally agree. It may be selfish but the programme is called The Mentalist and that's the character I want to see the most of.

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 7:52 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

With any luck, maybe this character will let us see another side of Jane and/or Lisbon. I'm always the optimist

AgentM Date: Friday, 18-Jul-14, 9:33 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Please God don't let them be using her as a vehicle to show Lisbon's jealousies!!! Bad enough we have to have the two leads together... I hope we don't have to put up with two women fighting over one man's attention - even if it is to pour scorn on his methods. Not that I think Jane would be interested in her (God knows it's taken him long enough to find the woman in Lisbon!) but I know he would be intrigued at Lisbon's reactions and would probably push it as far as he could go...just for the heck of it! lol. Still, could provide a couple of funny/amusing moments. Though I hope she is more likely to be a female version of Wylie. If she's a rookie, maybe she's more suited to him than say Cho? It's all speculation...I guess we'll just have to wait... wink

Message edited by AgentM - Friday, 18-Jul-14, 9:34 PM

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 03-Aug-14, 4:02 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

My guess is that the need someone for Jane to irritate/awe/disgust and provide some conflict on the team. Jane was constantly getting Lisbon in trouble, etc. before the reboot and that provided conflict. If they are to make Jane and Lisbon partners in crime so to speak, and the rest of the team is working "with" him, there needs to be someone who thinks he's wrong/bad/doing things unethically to provide the necessary rub (from a writing perspective) to keep things interesting. JMO

kim Date: Sunday, 03-Aug-14, 7:48 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

I just hope that we don't have to suffer less Jane screen time. It already feels like they have enough characters to work with. I agree with previous comments that it is called The Mentalist for a reason. We want Jane and more Jane.

Tina Date: Monday, 04-Aug-14, 8:45 AM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

I so agree kim! Why bring in another character if there are only so few episodes left. Since Joe Adler was already promoted, wasn't that enough?
I don't think Jane and Lisbon will work in peace from now on ...so there is enough story there.
All I want it Jane! No screentime without him. At least not much.

Fran Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 8:25 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Spoiler from InsideTV (Entertainment Weekly):

Morena Baccarin returning to 'The Mentalist'

Everybody’s favorite Firefly Companion and Homeland refugee is returning to CBS’ The Mentalist.

Morena Baccarin is coming back to the veteran crime drama for a guest star appearance in the third episode of season seven. She’ll reprise her role as sexy sociopath Erika Flynn, who previously manipulated and seduced Patrick Jane (Simon Baker).

Here’s the set-up: “Jane teams up with Erika Flynn in Beirut, Lebanon, where he and Lisbon have gone at the request of the CIA to take down an international weapons dealer. Erika has agreed to help Jane and the CIA in exchange for a pardon on the murder charges she’s still facing and the chance to return to the U.S. But as always Erika has agendas of her own, one of which may, or may not, be inserting herself between Jane and Lisbon.”

The Mentalist will return to CBS in midseason.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/07/morena-baccarin-the-mentalist/

jazz Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 8:48 PM | Message # 15
Surfie

Back on my phone now, but forgot to say YEAH!!

(Fran)

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz