Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 5:43 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 03 Orange Blossom Ice Cream (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
03 Orange Blossom Ice Cream
Evy Date: Saturday, 26-Jul-14, 8:54 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

Episode 03 - Orange Blossom Ice Cream (filmed as 7.01)

JANE MUST WORK WITH A FAMILIAR ADVERSARY, FEMME FATALE ERICA FLYNN, DURING A DANGEROUS MISSION IN BEIRUT, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, DEC. 14

Morena Baccarin Returns as Erica Flynn

“Orange Blossom Ice Cream” – Jane and Lisbon travel to Beirut where they must work with Jane’s familiar adversary, Erica Flynn, who agrees to help the FBI apprehend her boyfriend, a courier for terrorist organizations, in exchange for amnesty for her past crimes, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Morena Baccarin returns as Erica Flynn.

CHEAT TWEET: Erica Flynn’s back! Can Jane trust @missmorenab? How does Lisbon feel about the femme fatale? #TheMentalist 12/14 9pm http://bit.ly/1tmli62

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

RECURRING CAST:
Morena Baccarin (Erica Flynn)
Garcelle Beauvais (Danitra Cass)

GUEST CAST:
Nick Gracer (Georgi)
Mark Ivanir (Jan Nemic)
Anto Boghokian (Jameel)
Tom Kiesche (Hendricks)

WRITTEN BY: Tom Szentgyorgyi
DIRECTED BY: Chris Long

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 04-Aug-14, 6:05 PM

Hayseed Date: Friday, 14-Nov-14, 3:56 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

There are promo pics out there for this episode, including a very wet one. Link (includes promo pics):

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-mentalist-episode-703-orange.html

Message edited by Hayseed - Friday, 14-Nov-14, 3:59 PM

amanda Date: Friday, 14-Nov-14, 11:05 PM | Message # 3
Cobber

Thanks Hayssed

My God! Why they did Simon's hair in this way ?

Hayseed Date: Friday, 14-Nov-14, 11:09 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

You mean the one where they just dunked his head underwater?

amanda Date: Friday, 14-Nov-14, 11:16 PM | Message # 5
Cobber

Quote Hayseed ()
You mean the one where they just dunked his head underwater ?

No. On all the pics ! This ridiculous fringe all flattened on his head !!

Message edited by amanda - Friday, 14-Nov-14, 11:16 PM

Raven Date: Saturday, 15-Nov-14, 12:54 PM | Message # 6
Dinkie-Di

Quote amanda ()

No. On all the pics ! This ridiculous fringe all flattened on his head !!

I know what you mean but I think it's this way because it's too short. I noticed it first on the J/L handcuff picture in the second episode. I was like.. OMG, what have they done to his beautiful hair?

marta75 Date: Saturday, 15-Nov-14, 9:50 PM | Message # 7
Rip Snorter

Anyway it looks funny (the wet one)

kim Date: Saturday, 15-Nov-14, 10:11 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

I think that they cut it too short on the sides, it's out of proportion to the length of the top. Whacky. But I do like the photo where he's soaked. Another thing to give his fans a smile!

Fran Date: Thursday, 20-Nov-14, 11:11 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

1st post updated with Press Release.

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 04-Dec-14, 10:59 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

The very short or almost shorn sides is the latest hair disaster to come out of Hollywood. Have you seen "Elementary" lately, he looks positively ridiculous, so if Simon looks a little funny at least it isn't as bad a Johnny Miller's.

amanda Date: Tuesday, 09-Dec-14, 10:26 PM | Message # 11
Cobber

Found : an avatar especially for this episode !!! tongue

kim Date: Wednesday, 10-Dec-14, 1:06 AM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

Amanda- nicely done with the avatar cool

bee Date: Friday, 12-Dec-14, 2:20 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Jane and Lisbon go undercover and travel to Beirut to meet up with Erica Flynn.

This episode showed that Jane and Lisbon are still taking baby steps in their relationship and with the added problem of Erica Flynn in the mix showed that Lisbon is still feeling jealous of her. Not surprising since Erica is still the conniving person she always was and is still trying to manipulate Jane. I was pleased to see that Jane wasn't fooled by her though however hard she tried to "come on" to him. The final scene where Jane and Lisbon pretend to pick a fight and with Lisbon leaving was a typical Jane plan, especially loved it when Lisbon had the pleasure of arresting Erica. Finally she has her come -uppance!

Jane and Lisbon on their date was sweet although they are still tip-toeing around their feelings, Lisbon asking Jane about his past relationships with Erica and Lorelei and Jane asking about Walter Mashburn. I feel they need to have a good heart-to-heart about their feelings and they need to trust their instincts and look to the future not mull over the past. They may have had some unrequited feelings for each other in the past but they weren't a couple back then. What's done is done!

The scene with Jane and the bathtub was a little harrowing. How he remembered those words while being "dunked" in the water was a little far-fetched (in my opinion) but hey, this is Jane and his memory palace, so all is forgiven! Loved the wet hair look!!

Cho, being Cho, now has issues with Vega because she lied to him but I loved the fact that Wylie was concerned about her and asking if she was OK. Cute.

The final scene with Jane and Lisbon sharing the Orange Blossom Ice Cream was sweet. Their romantic relationship is growing slowly (they seem to be sharing a hotel room), but I feel they still have issues to work out with regard to trust.

Favourite quote by Jane to Erica Flynn "I love Lisbon".

Great episode if only to see Erica Flynn finally behind bars!! tongue

Message edited by bee - Friday, 12-Dec-14, 3:03 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 12-Dec-14, 3:03 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Nice summary, Bee. I think Jane, Lisbon and their insecurities are kind of cute. On the one hand, they're like an old married couple because they've known each other for so long, and yet they do have this new relationship stuff going on as well. In this episode they actually showed Jane and Lisbon together in a room with a bed. I wonder if they're moving towards showing Jane and Lisbon in a bed together.

One topic I think that Jane and Lisbon are going to have to discuss is their reaction to having each other in danger. In last week's episode, and again in the post dunking car scene this episode, they had trouble looking each other in the eyes. I'd love to know what they're thinking.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Friday, 12-Dec-14, 3:23 PM

DaboGirl Date: Saturday, 13-Dec-14, 1:17 AM | Message # 15
Jillaroo

I too would like to see a little more movement in the Lisbon/Jane relationship. Come on folks we only have 13 episodes. And yes I want to see them in bed together nothing too scandalous maybe just reading and then a kiss good night or better yet waking up together. And IMHO it is time for Jane to take off his wedding ring.

As for the episode itself I loved it! WB did a very good job of making LA look like downtown Beirut. I did have a few questions like I thought Lisbon was aware that Jane slept with Lorelei she was in the room when Jane said he had a sexual relationship with her. Or was she questioning the time they spent together on the run? Either way you're right Bee they need to live in the present and let the past go. They may have loved each other for years but they are only committed to each other a few weeks ago.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 03 Orange Blossom Ice Cream (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz