Saturday, 18-May-24, 7:35 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Evy Date: Friday, 06-Jun-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 736
Fair Dinkum

@ DS Pallas :The video doesn't work sad

Message edited by Evy - Friday, 06-Jun-14, 6:11 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 06-Jun-14, 4:48 PM | Message # 737
Fair Dinkum

That's a good one DS Pallas. Just watched this episode not so long ago.

Evy Date: Friday, 06-Jun-14, 6:18 PM | Message # 738
Fair Dinkum

Each time I read what is your best scene, I think "yes that's also mine". But In fact all the scenes you describe are some of my favorites and I realise that there are too many good moments to choose only one. wink

Peithon Date: Friday, 06-Jun-14, 11:55 PM | Message # 739
Rip Snorter

When Jane gives Lisbon the origami hopping frog at the end of the pilot.

jazz Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 0:45 AM | Message # 740
Surfie

Posted by Evy in Season 7 spoilers but I thought I'd also post it here for people who don't like to look in the spoiler thread.

The Mentalist’ Ups Joe Adler To Regular

Recent Mentalist cast addition Joe Adler has been promoted to a series regular for the upcoming seventh season of the veteran crime drama. Adler plays Jason Wylie, the lighthearted and brilliant FBI computer expert with a deep interest in Jane’s (Simon Baker) mind games. Adler’s promotion is not a surprise as has appeared on a recurring basis in every episode of the show since its reboot halfway through Season 5 when the Red John storyline was wrapped up and show’s setting was moved from California to Texas. When it renewed The Mentalist last month, CBS did not specify the size of the order but I’d heard that it is for a 13-episode seventh and likely final season, something the network also would not confirm. The Mentalist is not on CBS’ fall schedule and is slated to return in midseason if not sooner. Adler, repped by Paradigm and Authentic, did an arc on Shameless and will next be seen in The Maze Runner.
http://www.deadline.com/2014....regular

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 1:32 PM | Message # 741
Bee's Knees

I'm glad I have a soft spot for Wiley, he is a sweetie

Kimmi23 Date: Thursday, 12-Jun-14, 4:05 AM | Message # 742
Ankle Biter

Aww. Yay. I love Wylie. He's so adorable and funny. cool Can't wait for season 7!

Peithon Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 0:04 AM | Message # 743
Rip Snorter

FYI, Heller's Gotham was screened in LA and NYC and it got really good reviews. It was also shown to international buyers who liked it a lot, but one article mentioned that the Warner Bos. Pilot Forever, about an immortal living in NYC as a medical examiner is being positioned to replace The Mentalist sad

Wand612 Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 3:02 AM | Message # 744
Jillaroo

Thanks for the update, peithon. In my estimation, no show can replace The Mentalist.

Tina Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 9:07 AM | Message # 745
Fair Dinkum

I agree Wand612, NO show can ever replace TM!

Evy Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 9:26 AM | Message # 746
Fair Dinkum

When will be published the schedule of the broadcasting of the series ?

Tina Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 11:42 AM | Message # 747
Fair Dinkum

Just checked out this new series Forever. Well, I'm not a fan of syfy, but Ioan Grufford is the lead in this one, he's a cute Welsh actor I really like, so I might give this one a try once it airs in Germany. But it can never ever replace TM! No show will ever good enough for me to do this! TM is my alltime favorite!

Peithon Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 11:43 AM | Message # 748
Rip Snorter

As to scheduling of TM, right now CBS doesn't have it listed as a fall TV show. However they are shooting TM on its regular schedule, starting in July, so theoretically, if any of the new CBS' series bomb, they could slot TM there in an emergency, otherwise the talk has been mid-season which can mean January 2015 on, since CBS has been scheduling shows to run in the summer as well. Forever is a new show for another network, ABC, starring Ioan Gruffudd, but apparently Warner Bros, the producer of TM, must have been pushing it as the international sucessor to The Mentalist to buyers, although Gotham is their hottest property, which I thought was odd, but Gotham is dark and Gothic in atmosphere, Forever is more like TM being a procedural drama with comic elements with a foreign actor on top (Welsh). The big breakout last season, Sleepy Hollow, a reworking of the Ichabod Crane story by America's first commercially successful author, Washington Irving, full of Supernatural elements wiith a comedic edge of man from the past in modern times, seems to have ushered in a whole bunch of supernatural themed series, and of course we have several comic book inspired series, incl the supernatural Constantine being produced by TM writer Daniel Cerone that also looks quite good. The best scenario for TM is that CBS puts it on the schedule early, it does well and CBS orders the back 9 as it's said (another half a season.) All of the new series mentioned go up against the top shows in CBS' line up, so survival will be very tough for all of them.

Message edited by Peithon - Monday, 16-Jun-14, 6:36 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 16-Jun-14, 2:07 PM | Message # 749
Bee's Knees

The title "Forever" and the basic premise remind me of a Canadian show I used to watch, "Forever Knight" about a vampire cop and a human female coroner who was in love with him. If this new show goes that route I'm totally not interested.... existential angst of love between mortal and non-mortal. .. These are just ramblings off the top of my head.

syriana13 Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 7:52 AM | Message # 750
Dinkie-Di

Season 6 DVD
http://justlovemovies.com/2014....30-2014

Release Date: 30th September 2014
SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Patrick Jane: Redeemed, Recovered, Restored: Bruno Heller Reveals The Mythology Of Red John
- Deleted Scenes

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz