Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » The Lodger
The Lodger
jazz Date: Friday, 07-Jan-11, 6:37 PM | Message # 1
Surfie

I thought Simon did a good job as Malcolm in The Lodger- he had a menacing air about him combined with a rather fascinating appeal, quite different from his normal charming attractiveness. But I could completely believe Hope Davis's attraction to him, and I thought the chemistry between the 2 of them was electric.

He wasn't on screen enough though, which was a great shame. His relationship with Hope Davis was the most interesting and compelling part of the film, so I would have liked to see much more of it than we did. In fact, the first time I watched it, I was irritated by all the non Simon scenes, because they interrupted the story that I was really interested in.

JudeBlue Date: Thursday, 03-Mar-11, 4:41 PM | Message # 2
Cobber

I was prepared for Simon's limited screen time because I had seen a YouTube vid that said it was
all of his bits. (Unfortunately I later realised that the vid also gave away the ending but that's the
risk you take, I'm not tooo bothered by spoilers.)

I haven't seen the original Hitchcock version - or the other remakes - but I thought this was a good
film. Simon was both attractive and occasionally menacing - I think the dyed hair helped - those
golden curls are just too adorable.

Malcolm has to be a 'minor' character I feel because we are not supposed to know if he is real
or not. I think that Hope was particularly good in this film and it was nice to see Shane West away
from ER.

Fran Date: Saturday, 24-Sep-11, 6:51 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

UK people - The Lodger DVD is being sold by Poundland at the moment (Bargain!)

Thanks to Tassie for the information

ruuger Date: Wednesday, 21-Jan-15, 6:13 PM | Message # 4
Cobber

Empire Magazine just ranked The Lodger as the worst Hitchcock remake ever:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/hitchcock-remakes-rated/p12

(they do note, though, that the film had a strong cast)

Tina Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 8:55 AM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

I thought that was a pretty good movie when I watched it. But so often I don't like the Oscar movies and like the ones with not so good critics...

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » The Lodger
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz