Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » The Olive Sisters
The Olive Sisters
redbird Date: Wednesday, 11-Feb-15, 1:39 PM | Message # 31
Dinkie-Di

As I read the book - knowing that it was going to be made into a movie - I wondered if they'd ditch the elements of the past in the screenplay or at least, use them sparingly. I still think that Simon is a good fit for the role of Joe but again, other than the obvious draw of being able to live and work in Australia, I do question why this role would appeal to him as it's so similar to a role that he's already done. Also, as written in the book, Joe is a much smaller role than the role he had in Something New.

Again, if this is his next project, I've got to say that I'm surprised by this move .......... not exactly disappointed because it means that we'll get to see him in something new within the next 12-18 months but I am confused.

Tina Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 9:36 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

New article about The Olive Sisters Music:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015....sisters

Message edited by tinamarianne - Friday, 13-Feb-15, 9:37 AM

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 1:59 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

Hmmmmmm.. IMDB has removed Simon Baker from the Olive Sisters movie. I wonder what's what.

kim Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 3:53 PM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

Interesting. The Arclight website still has Simon in the movie. I wonder what is going on?
http://arclightfilms.com/NewTitl....rclight

Message edited by kim - Friday, 13-Feb-15, 3:54 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 4:36 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Really strange ... I hope he will be in the movie! I'd love to see him as Joe. I had hoped we get some info about his plans for this year when he is in France ...maybe in the interview that's on tomorrow?

Message edited by tinamarianne - Friday, 13-Feb-15, 4:36 PM

Green Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 5:38 PM | Message # 36
Surfie

I enjoyed the book, and would love to see him as Joe, but, really, the book left a lot to be desired. There were so many gaps in the plot - for example, what the heck was going on with the daughter, and why did she return? It would need some elaboration to be a good movie, I would think. Also, didn't I see somewhere that the production was having difficulty getting financing, so plans were on and off depending on that? Maybe mentioning SB was a ploy to attract more investment (I have a devious mind tongue )

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 3:06 PM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

Quote Green ()
Maybe mentioning SB was a ploy to attract more investment (I have a devious mind )

It's not so devious, Green, it's clever! I tend to think like you, since I've read that Simon's agent had told he was not attached to that movie project.

I'm not convinced Simon will be involved. Why did he never mention it in the last interviews he's made?

Tassie Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 5:45 PM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

I should think the author is quite happy as well. She must have shifted quite a few copies of the book in the last week or two.

syriana13 Date: Sunday, 15-Feb-15, 10:55 PM | Message # 39
Dinkie-Di

I just noticed that his name isn't on IMDb, should we be worried?
I was really looking forward to see him in a new movie sad

kim Date: Monday, 16-Feb-15, 4:00 AM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

He's still listed on the Arclight website as of today?!? Curious. I would love to see him in another film, earlier rather than later, but still no other site has him in the picture. Could they really put him in the billing if he wasn't actually going to do it? as suggested above just for the hype?

258pce Date: Tuesday, 17-Feb-15, 9:22 AM | Message # 41
Cobber

very strange. Having just finished the book, I was not all that excited to think that Simon might be Joe in a movie version of the book. Aside from wanting to see him in anything at all, the book really slighted that character/role. My initial thought was that Simon might take such a minor role simply to work with another respected director and ease back into the Oz film scene.

The suggestion by Green and DS that attaching his name might be for publicity is an intriguing thought but I think he must have shown some interest. Perhaps it was a "bait and switch" situation that has led to contract disputes.

I, like some of you, was not all that charmed by the book. While the overall theme was okay, I was irritated by the alternating chapters on the past and present. Perhaps I was too hungry to see a meaty Simon role that never quite emerged.

kim Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 2:10 PM | Message # 42
Bee's Knees

The Arclight website has removed TOS from it's list of new titles. Weird?! I haven't been able to find much new information about where it stands in pre-production. IMDB still has info, but Simon has been removed from the list for a while now. I think that it is not to be with Simon as Joe. Oh well- we know that Breath is on the way!

Fran Date: Friday, 03-Apr-15, 12:46 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

Quote kim ()
I think that it is not to be with Simon as Joe.
I agree Kim, I don't think Simon's doing it, because if the delay was just about negotiations surely that would have been sorted out by now.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » The Olive Sisters
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz