The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Favourite Fan Videos
Favourite Fan Videos
sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 08-Nov-12, 5:40 PM | Message # 31
Bee's Knees

That would be a celebration of the love they have for each other and their children. Although Simon says it's not easy, one has to continue wooing their mate to keep the fires burning. With Hollywood giving people such a poor example of that sacred union, let's put the rare prized examples out there for all to see.

Tina Date: Saturday, 10-Nov-12, 10:01 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Thrill, this celebration video is fabulous! Really extraordinary. How did you get the Charlotte theme? It's so wonderful.
You should be editor for TM! Really love it. Thanks.

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 12:52 PM | Message # 33
Dinkie-Di

Thank you for all the comments - i am glad you can also enjoy what I do. I am still trying to get my head around Final Cut Pro - its quite complex - sort of like learning to drive in a mini (which i did!) then being given a F1 car..... Anyway I have a huge work deadline next week then will have a bit of time to think - I have ideas buzzing round in my head already. Off to UK in mid Dec for Xmas to see rellies - so will try to do it before that. At the end of the day though the professionals who edit TM are a completely different league - and now I understand their world just a little - I have huge respect for them - then Blake Neely adding the music - creating music which enhances the scene without drowning it...... Simon is such a good subject though - and adorable to look at all day.......

Thrill Date: Friday, 23-Nov-12, 4:26 AM | Message # 34
Dinkie-Di

Just a quick note - HEARTBREAK HIGH vids have been deleted from YouTube. Suddenly yesterday I got notified about copyright infringement and I removed them all and the playlist. Not sure why this has just happened but maybe Season 4 (with Simon) will be out on DVD soon. All other references to Heartbreak High also appear to have gone from YouTube (unless they are <2 mins).

If you like any of my videos make sure you have a copy as my account may now be deleted ...... There are lots of YouTube downloaders which are free try Wondershare

cry :'( cry

Message edited by Thrill - Friday, 23-Nov-12, 4:27 AM

Tina Date: Friday, 23-Nov-12, 9:50 AM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Thrill, that's terrible. I hope everything will be okay.
I have saved all your videos.

Fran Date: Friday, 23-Nov-12, 12:52 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

Thrill, so sorry to hear about this. I understand how worrying and upsetting it is because I recently got a similar notice for the Conan interview. Its difficult to know how to protect your account from being deleted, because most of the stuff on youtube is copyrighted material, but most of the time it doesn't cause a problem. Then out of the blue, you get one of these very stern notices - it shook me a bit because there's no way of knowing which clips will cause a complaint sad

June Date: Friday, 23-Nov-12, 6:58 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

Thrill, I have downloaded almost all your videos, I love them. I wish you can upload the second part of the Larry King's interview with subtitles. I don't understand the problem to enjoy these interviews on youtube. We don't hurt anyone, right?

justlook3 Date: Friday, 23-Nov-12, 7:38 PM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

Oh no! Hopefully deleting those videos will keep them from going after the rest. I was sent a copyright notification on Mediafire for screencaps of all things. The compliant was made by the French tv station that broadcasts The Mentalist. I think they thought it was the actual episode not the caps of it (the file name was not descriptive I'm afraid). I deleted the file & held my breath expecting my account to be suspended. It wasn't. I changed all the file names to be a bit more cryptic (and to contain the word cap) and they've not returned. So hopefully removing the file will be sufficient to appease You Tube.
Sadly most of the stuff on YouTube is copyrighted. And holders go after the strangest things, long cancelled tv shows, interview clips from talk shows that aired years ago, etc. And yet there's entire episodes of currently running tv shows or even movies up and nothing is done. Strange.

Tina Date: Saturday, 24-Nov-12, 10:47 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

I understand if they delete full movies or tv show episodes. I'm completely against violation of copyright of movies and tv shows.
But if something is not out on DVD and there is no other chance to see it ...why not let people use youtube.
And what harm does it do posting talkshow appearances or other short clips for the fans who don't get US tv. I mean it's just for fans and it also makes these talkshows popular outside the USA. Nobody makes money with it. It's just a wonderful service for all the fans who don't want to miss anything of their favorite actor or actress or whatever. I'm so grateful to all the wonderful people who post these clips, because a nice clip of Simon can really make my day. When I feel down or sad and see something new with him it cheers me up so much.

Tassie Date: Saturday, 24-Nov-12, 1:34 PM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

I totally agree with you tinamarianne, and I would hate to think that all the good people on this site who do so much to bring us happiness get penalised for it.

lenacr Date: Saturday, 24-Nov-12, 10:20 PM | Message # 41
Dinkie-Di

Sorry to hear this Thrill! I hope the rest of your work stays! It would be sad if it were to be removed and deny so many people so much joy watching it!
I must say I don't understand all this witch-hunting re: 'stuff' on the Internet. I am sure that many of the current 'stars' (music, films, royalty, etc) would not be international stars, if it were not for the Internet!!! And many shows would not be worldwide successes, again, if it were not for the Internet.
I, for example, would not be able to be a TM and Simon fan, if there was no Internet, and that for me would be terrible ...

Thrill Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 2:18 AM | Message # 42
Dinkie-Di

Here is the Larry King Interview with subtitles - part 2
BTW I have just finished part 2 of the Larry King Interview with subtitles (I have only just done it as it takes a while - about 4 hours editing to do this part, then 2 hours to render (make the MP4 file) then another hour to upload)

http://youtu.be/dsXAH6AZh8A

What I wrote in the news section.....To do this I have to watch each segment over and over (no chore really!!!) to get exactly what Simon says rather than what I think he says. There is a classic line about no regrets where LK is trying to draw it out of him and does all the Mentalist techniques of rapport building and mirroring etc - giving his (LK) own example of regretting the day he started to smoke..... Simon would not be drawn - clearly no one can pull the wool over his eyes!!!! I hope those who are not native English speakers find it helps then follow it.

As for my channel - copyright is all about the money - and yes most material on YT is copyrighted - and mostly the holder uses that to make money - that's why you see the adverts. Many large copyright holders continually run software to identify material on YT which has their copyright. They then work with YT and decide what they want to do about it. In most cases they warn you and use you to run adverts which generates income for them - there is no penalty to your account. I have about 10 out of 40 videos like this. So basically they are using the internet and you to make them money. I am quite happy with that.

Other times the video is blocked worldwide straight away - your account goes into "bad standing" - you delete the video and your account return into good standing. The worst offence though appears to be when a copyright holder inform YT of infringement and YT takes down the video - this is what happened to the Heartbreak High videos. You then get a strike against your account. As it was done in 2 groups for HH - I got 2 strikes before I even knew what had happened. One of the HH videos they didn't complain about - but I removed that as well. This came completely out of the blue - they had been there since April...... Anyway if I get another strike then the account is deleted. However if I get no more strike then the account returns to good standing in 6 months. But I have no idea when another strike may happen...... That's the rub....... The person who originally posted the HH as complete episodes and had many other SB films up - has had her whole account deleted. You can always appeal a copyright notice - but I have never tried that.

YT is part of Google and has to be seen to do the right thing I guess. From my experience different copyright holders scan differently. Some look at the title (French TV does this) but not the content. So long as you dont have their name in the title its OK! Others look at the content and it doesn't matter what you call it. Also WB seem OK with TM clips so long as they are less than 2 minutes. Then there is the whole issue of copyright and fair use - but that is very complex and I am not a lawyer.

Bottom line is I wont stop making movies (they are primarily for me) and I'll try to find a way to share them....... But whenever you see something you like somewhere always take a copy as you never know how long it will be there.....

KathyF Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 7:09 AM | Message # 43
Rip Snorter

I don't know how to copy the videos...not that savvy!

Evy Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 10:44 AM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

Thank you very much Thrill for this great work. hands
For foreign as I am and I have not mastered the language completely, it's really great because I could take full advantage of the interview up

Lena Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 10:50 AM | Message # 45
Dinkie-Di

Thrill, also for me this is very useful. A very big thank you for your work.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Favourite Fan Videos
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz