Tuesday, 16-Apr-24, 5:11 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » Fanfiction (Links to where you can find stories for TM and TG)
Fanfiction
Tina Date: Friday, 15-Nov-13, 9:53 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I love fanfic, but I've never read one about TM. Years ago, I wrote one story of a favorite show with a friend together and it was a lot of fun. I used to read a lot of fanfic from other shows in the past. Just haven't found anything good on TM yet.
Looking forward to read your story, AgentM, as soon as I find the time. November and December are the hardest months with so much work, and then the new episodes of TM keep me busy too. A lot on my mind at the moment ...I wake up at night and think about RJ and how the show will go on. Crazy...

AgentM Date: Friday, 15-Nov-13, 12:36 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Quote Tassie ()
Although I haven't the relevant skills to critique someones writing,

Hey, you watch the show, you are perfectly qualified!!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy you liked it. I see my stories happening in my mind as an episode...which is where the talents of Simon and Robin are especially helpful, so I'm really glad that came across. The scenes often come out at me in a different order to how they finally appear in the story and I even picture them from different camera angles, like in the show! It's like a tiny editing suite inside my head! lol.

Quote Tassie ()
The only tiny little thing that bothered me was Lisbon being referred to frequently as 'the brunette.'

I know, I know! It drives me dippy, too! But I have a limited supply in my head of how to describe her! Any suggestions would be much appreciated! biggrin

Thanks again for taking the time to read it, and review it. biggrin smile

Tina Date: Friday, 15-Nov-13, 12:49 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

I just read your story. I don't like reading on the computer, so I printed it out and sat down on my couch and started reading. Wow, that is great. I was forgetting anything around me while reading, and especially during the showdown I held my breath many times.
It's really good to read things like this, picturing Simon and Robin and the others. I always see things when I read books, picturing it and use imagination. I don't see just the words but also the pictures. And reading a TM story of course makes this very easy.
Very very good AgentM! hands

AgentM Date: Friday, 15-Nov-13, 4:37 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

Thank you kindly tinamarianne. biggrin You guys are really making me smile today biggrin Thank you so much for taking time to look at my work...all of the comments help to make me become a better writer, so I really do appreciate them. smile heart

Message edited by AgentM - Friday, 15-Nov-13, 8:03 PM

Thrill Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 6:42 AM | Message # 20
Dinkie-Di

Agent M - I loved it. It felt very true and believable - really like I was watching it. And still leaving plenty to the imagination..... Thank you so much for sharing this.

AgentM Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 4:03 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

shy Awh shucks! Thanks Thrill. Glad you liked it. biggrin right back at you!

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 9:47 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Here you go, Mossibecca. The first one is the script, the second one is the story:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7378857/1/RED-APPLES

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6868561/1/A-SCARLETTI-IN-THE-STUDY

Let me know what you think...I'd value the feedback. biggrin

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:51 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

I just read your RED EYE story, Agent M, and I loved it. I left a review on the site. Well done! Very exciting.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 12-Dec-13, 0:57 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Thanks Hayseed. I appreciate your kind comments. biggrin x

ruuger Date: Friday, 13-Dec-13, 9:07 PM | Message # 25
Cobber

I hadn't noticed this thread before, but I've also written some TM fanfic (44 stories so far). My fic can be found here:

http://archiveofourown.org/users/Ruuger/works?fandom_id=12984

I've written many different pairings and characters, and the mood of teh stories ranges from fluffy to dark, so hopefully someone will find something interesting there smile

Hayseed Date: Friday, 13-Dec-13, 9:12 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

I'm reading some of them, Ruuger, thanks for sharing. So far that one that was a tag to the Steiner episode is my favorite. Well done.

ruuger Date: Friday, 13-Dec-13, 9:44 PM | Message # 27
Cobber

Thank you, Hayseed! I'm glad you liked it, it's one of my own favourites as well smile

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 12:08 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

Agent M thank you for the links, I have really enjoyed reading them both, and have left comments on the site.

The Script was excellent, it had me captured from the first moment, well paced and a good tight and believable plot. You kept them all in character and I loved the mix of humour/seriousness that you got in there that managed to mimic all that I love in the Mentalist episodes....I found my self wanting to make sure that I watched the next episode where we found out more about how O'Laughlin and Stiles got back together and who the chap was that Jane killed....oh and what was going to happen to Jane!!

I really enjoyed the story, a great plot, and it made me laugh out loud the antics that Jane got up to whilst undercover. I could imagine that he would act exactly like that...revelling in the theatre of it all, and solving the crime almost as an afterthought to him having such fun.

And I have just remembered the Red John reveal that you have written, must go and read

258pce Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 6:15 PM | Message # 29
Cobber

AgentM: very entertaining. thanks for that!

I've started reading some ff during the hiatus to keep sane. Some of it is really great but then you start to confuse canon with the stories. I really admire those who can develop a whole story and keep the characters true.

Here are two that I find very interesting and current:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4713760/clairebare

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4257190/starry19

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 8:24 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. biggrin smile

Quote 258pce ()
but then you start to confuse canon with the stories

I know what you mean! Sometimes Ihave to remind myself that the things that I make happen in my stories haven't really happened in the show! lol. Ditzy or what?!

Mossibecca, I did plan to write the follow-up script but never got around to it...then events in the show kind of overtook...maybe I'll get around to it one day soon. I like to stay as current as I can so now that I've revealed RJ, I feel the need to continue along the same lines as the show. Hope that doesn't sound too cryptic, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who live in places that are way behind S6. biggrin

258pce, thanks for the links, I'll be checking them out. cool

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » Fanfiction (Links to where you can find stories for TM and TG)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz