The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Simon Trivia & Chat
ruuger Date: Wednesday, 29-Jul-15, 11:18 AM | Message # 721
Cobber

In various interviews he's also mentioned liking Gotye, Michael Jackson, Serge Gainsbourg, and David Bowie.

He said in one recent interview that he doesn't read that many novels because he has to read so many scripts, but he has said that he likes Jon Ronson's books (Ronson's the author of The Psychopath test and The Men Who Stare at Goats). And he's often said that his fvourite author is Hemingway.

He's also said that he listens to a lot of podcasts during breaks in filming, and This American Life is his favourite.

UniversallySpeaking Date: Wednesday, 29-Jul-15, 3:22 PM | Message # 722
Blow-In

Excellent. Thanks, good people!

ruuger Date: Monday, 03-Aug-15, 7:10 PM | Message # 723
Cobber

In case you haven't seen it yet, some people on Tumblr are planning a #GoodLuckSimon campaign to wish him luck with Breath:

http://thaysquint.tumblr.com/post....cksimon

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 17-Aug-15, 8:07 PM | Message # 724
Fair Dinkum

(from anglewhite2013.tumblr.com

ruuger Date: Tuesday, 18-Aug-15, 9:55 AM | Message # 725
Cobber

Simon has said that when he first met Rebecca, both of them were in a relationship with someone else, and I've often wondered if Melissa TKautz was Simon's 'someone else'.

I remember reading an interview where Melissa TKautz says that Simon broke her heart because he didn't want to commit to a serious relationship. The two of them must have dated around 1991-1992 ("Read My Lips" came out in 1992), and by 1993 Simon and Rebecca were already expecting Stella, so meeting Rebecca must really have been life changing for Simon since he went from free and flirty to a committed family man in such a short time.

Smileygirl Date: Saturday, 22-Aug-15, 12:40 PM | Message # 726
Dinkie-Di

I don´t know if it was mentioned somewhere before but it looks like Simon is (in, on, at) Corsica at the moment biggrin
Again so close but yet so far sad

Pourquoi la seule année où je vais pas en corse ma soeur croise Simon Baker sur la plage ? C'est injuste

Source: Twitter

Fran Date: Tuesday, 12-Jan-16, 5:55 PM | Message # 727
Fair Dinkum

Yeah, The Mentalist was just an answer on quiz show Tipping Point, and Ben Shephard (who was with Simon on SoccerAid) gave Simon and TM a great shout-out.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 12-Jan-16, 6:33 PM | Message # 728
Bee's Knees

Nice little tidbit, Fran. Thanks. It gave me a smile.

Deedee Date: Tuesday, 12-Jan-16, 7:07 PM | Message # 729
Bee's Knees

Oh that's typical I missed that !! I always wAtch Tipping Point and I choose tonight to miss it!!

bee Date: Tuesday, 12-Jan-16, 10:01 PM | Message # 730
Fair Dinkum

Don't watch this show but nice to know Simon and TM got a great mention by Ben!

ruuger Date: Tuesday, 19-Jan-16, 10:40 PM | Message # 731
Cobber

I was just checking what William Mapother, the actor who played Haibach on The Mentalist was doing these days, and came across a Reddit Ask Me Anything that he did last year. In it, he had this to say about his experience on The Mentalist:

It was a blast. I've known Simon for years, and it's always fun to work with friends. And the show's producers and directors let me take that character in a offbeat direction that I came up with and never objected. And of course it's always fun to be a part of a show that fans love..

As far as I know, he and Simon haven't worked together before The Mentalist, so I wonder if they actually know each other through Nicole Kidman/Tom Cruise (Mapother is Tom Cruise's cousin).

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 22-Jan-16, 12:28 PM | Message # 732
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the trivia bit ruuger… Nice find.

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 22-Jan-16, 2:17 PM | Message # 733
Bee's Knees

Thanks, ruuger. Simon seems to have a lot of friends. And I've always wondered about the Tom Cruise connection. Your post was interesting info on both those counts.

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 16-Feb-16, 7:46 PM | Message # 734
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the info!

So, when is Breath going to start shooting?

kim Date: Tuesday, 16-Feb-16, 10:55 PM | Message # 735
Bee's Knees

Hayseed- April/ May according to see productions.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz