Wednesday, 07-Oct-26, 4:35 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker
 
Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Gallery Updates - Part 1
Fran Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 10:36 AM | Message # 736
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 4127
Status: Offline
Ivana - you're very welcome. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Land of the Dead premiere pics, partly I think because it amuses me that he looks so different to the way he looked in the film.

sleepylover215 - you're right of course, there are unscrupulous people who will use the site that way, there already have been, that's one of the reasons I introduced the Friends group (the final straw was when someone was using an automated process to effortlessly download hundreds of photos - needless to say I blocked them immediately). As for watermarking, I'm keeping it in mind as a possibility for rare photos which have involved significant work, making an unwatermarked version available to a select few. Actually though, I'm not sure Simon's popularity will increase, I think he may be at his peak at the moment. Once The Mentalist finishes I think a lot of people will lose interest and things will be much quieter.
 
Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 9:34 PM | Message # 737
Bee's Knees
 
Messages: 540
Status: Offline
Fran that is sad, but I think you are right....at the moment, he is in our living rooms weekly (thank goodness) but once he leaves TM and does his thing with films and the like.....whether it is in front of or behind the camera..... he wont be as in the public eye, so there will only be those of us who just like his work and admire his talents that remain. At the moment he is' making hay while the sun shines' and hopefully this will make it possible to do what he really loves and is interested in.
 
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 9:50 PM | Message # 738
True Blue
 
Messages: 782
Status: Offline
Quote Mossibecca ()
At the moment he is' making hay while the sun shines'

sorry, I know we´re talking serious here, but I had to smile about this saying because I didn´t know it and it just perfectly describes what, well, what is meant.
Thank you, Mossibecca, for putting this smile on my face!
smile
(let the sun shine)


Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 9:51 PM
 
Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 10:50 AM | Message # 739
Bee's Knees
 
Messages: 540
Status: Offline
I wasn't sure if the saying was known in other countries, but I am glad that you liked it BBB....and yes now I have a vision of Simon wielding a scythe, making hay in the bright sunshine, on his farm in Oz.....now THAT'S a thought!! biggrin
 
Ivana Date: Wednesday, 18-Jun-14, 4:02 PM | Message # 740
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 1223
Status: Offline
Wow Fran, nice new pics in the gallery, thaks smile
Those from Smith press are great, and the ones from the party I've never seen before, it looks he had a fun with the ladies wink
I've found on tumblr today one pic from photographer Ben Watts that is not in his section in your gallery
http://nouvellem.tumblr.com
 
Tanja Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 5:55 AM | Message # 741
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 471
Status: Offline
Source https://twitter.com/mikebairdMP/status/479422522706759680 I've got it from @simonbakersmile

 
Fran Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 10:20 AM | Message # 742
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 4127
Status: Offline
Thanks Ivana & Tanja up
Part of being a celebrity I guess - you're having a nice time enjoying a rugby match and then you have to pose for a pic with a politician wacko
The Ben Watts photo prompted me to find a couple of others I hadn't got in the Gallery.
 
Tanja Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 10:51 AM | Message # 743
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 471
Status: Offline
You have right Fran it's a bit weird to see Simon with a politician wink
 
syriana13 Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 12:47 PM | Message # 744
Dinkie-Di
 
Messages: 173
Status: Offline
Simon with a fan
http://instagram.com/p/o-OIyClB2B/#
 
Ivana Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 9:21 PM | Message # 745
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 1223
Status: Offline
Old scan thanks to http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com/

Australian Cosmopolitan magazine April 1993

Article’s title is “The men we love - Cosmo’s line-up of the hottest hunks” featuring also Aden Young, Nicolas Cage, Ron Marquette, Keanu Reeves, John Enos, Daniel Day Lewis, Luke Perry, Marcus Schenkenberg, Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, Willem Dafoe, Lenny Kravitz, John Corbett, Stephen Baldwin.

Picture found on eBay thank to seller jessicaskye.

 
KathyF Date: Thursday, 19-Jun-14, 10:54 PM | Message # 746
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 431
Status: Offline
Awwww angel How sweet!
 
Tina Date: Friday, 20-Jun-14, 9:08 AM | Message # 747
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 2066
Status: Offline
I didn't know the "making hay while the sun shines" but my dad always says "cutting the oat as long as it's seasoned". And Simon is smart to do it now while he is so popular. I hope he still will be once TM is over, but I too think that a lot will not follow his career past TM because they only love him in this show.

I don't really like all his movies, but I just like this man so much that I will keep watching anything he will ever do in the future. He is a very special person and I don't only like him for his talent of acting but also for his personality. It comes all together why I am such a huge fan of Simon, not only his work.
 
Tanja Date: Friday, 20-Jun-14, 9:24 AM | Message # 748
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 471
Status: Offline
I agree with you @tinamarianne . I got to know about Simon in TM too. I watched already many of movies with him and not all are good. But for sure I'll love this man after TM too.
He is great as Jane in TM ! Thanks good friend I started to watch The Guardian and he is great as Nick. He is so talented, awesome and his personality shows him as one of us. He is simple and lovely man. Simon Baker forever!!!
 
DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 20-Jun-14, 10:59 AM | Message # 749
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 1979
Status: Offline
Perspective and colour corrected! Nice portrait by the way… happy



Message edited by DS_Pallas - Friday, 20-Jun-14, 11:04 AM
 
Fran Date: Friday, 20-Jun-14, 11:33 AM | Message # 750
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 4127
Status: Offline
Wow, great job hands
 
Search:

Free web hosting — uCoz