Monday, 28-Sep-26, 5:13 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker
 
Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Gallery Updates - Part 1
Tanja Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 1:42 PM | Message # 721
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 471
Status: Offline
Thank you Fran!

I totally agree with you. We need people with better manners.
And I wanna say thank you again that I may be a part of the family here. smile
That's shame that I didn't know earlier about this site. Thanks @sleepylover215 I'm since few weeks here .
 
sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 5:02 PM | Message # 722
Bee's Knees
 
Messages: 538
Status: Offline
Fran, I agree with all our friends comments. We are a group of people who appreciate hard work and good manners. Like Simon, who has said over and over, good manners is essential to being not only a gentleman but a good human being and he thanks his mum for instilling these values in him. Kudos to you and please don't give up on us.
 
Tina Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 7:55 PM | Message # 723
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 2066
Status: Offline
It's really terrible that people steal from here! And that without asking and telling about BB as scourse and a thank you. That's not okay. It is bad manners and I don't like bad manners! This is why this here is the best site. We treat each other with respect and we are nice with each other. It is shocking me sometimes when I read on messageboards in the net how many people are rude with each other.
I can't even put in words how grateful I am for this site. Don't let these people take the fun.
Fran, you are the best.
 
KathyF Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 9:10 PM | Message # 724
Rip Snorter
 
Messages: 431
Status: Offline
This site is truly the only one I have ever in my life joined, because it feels safe to comment on things. I feel as though we really do have a family here. We love you a lot, and I know I don't express that enough.
 
Fran Date: Thursday, 12-Jun-14, 9:19 AM | Message # 725
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 4127
Status: Offline
Thanks for your support flower Don't worry, when I said "I probably need to stop doing time-consuming little jobs like this", I wasn't referring to running the site (which is a time-consuming big job!), I was talking about the extra work I sometimes make for myself.
 
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 12-Jun-14, 7:39 PM | Message # 726
True Blue
 
Messages: 782
Status: Offline
hmm, I was just wondering... isn´t the Gallery only visible to members/friends of the site? I mean, it was like this, wasn´t it?

Whatsoever: Fran, you know...: CHAPEAU!
...for all the energy you put in this site, for the patience you have with all of us...


Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Thursday, 12-Jun-14, 9:33 PM
 
psyred Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 7:08 AM | Message # 727
Blow-In
 
Messages: 5
Status: Offline
It's the best solution. I'm a french member of " frenchboard site" and I don't appreciate last coments for my site and Hypnoweb. We don't have the monopoly of simon's news, pictures and on google, instagram, twitter etc..We have the same problem like you. We have the same sources !! we took so us news that we find by internet..So I prefer go away of your site..
 
amanda Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 8:45 AM | Message # 728
Cobber
 
Messages: 123
Status: Offline
Quote psyred ()
It's the best solution. I'm a french member of " frenchboard site" and I don't appreciate last coments for my site and Hypnoweb. We don't have the monopoly of simon's news, pictures and on google, instagram, twitter etc..We have the same problem like you. We have the same sources !! we took so us news that we find by internet..So I prefer go away of your site..


I think, everybody can take informations, share and publish them on their own site. We all "work" for "Simon Baker's community".
The rule is simply to quote the origine of the information. That's a question of politeness and respect wink
 
Fran Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 9:48 AM | Message # 729
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 4127
Status: Offline
I have considered watermarking in the past, but it didn't feel right to me - I don't own the photos and anyway I try to provide a link to the original source. And most of the time it doesn't bother me, the majority of photos are easily found and widely published. But just occasionally when I've made a special effort to find and capture something, it's a little annoying. Together with the fact that someone in the 'Friends' group is clearly not a friend - even though I know that already, there are several people who participate enough so they can be included in that group but are really just using the site as a resource. So the idea of 'Friends' is not entirely successful but at least it stops people from joining the site, downloading a load of photos and then disappearing.

Quote amanda ()
I think, everybody can take informations, share and publish them on their own site. We all "work" for "Simon Baker's community".
The rule is simply to quote the origine of the information. That's a question of politeness and respect
Exactly!

(psyred - I've got your email and will reply to it shortly)
 
June Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 3:26 PM | Message # 730
Bee's Knees
 
Messages: 585
Status: Offline
I don't like watermarked photos. I always try to replace all them by originals if it's possible. As everybody has said it's all about respect and politeness, simple as that.
About the Friends group, I think it's the best idea to avoid some kind of people although to control everyone and their intentions is not possible. However we all should be proud of this site, there is nothing better. We had clear the rules since the beginning and that we are still here means we're agree with that. Your work is priceless, Fran.


Message edited by June - Friday, 13-Jun-14, 3:28 PM
 
Ivana Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 4:16 PM | Message # 731
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 1223
Status: Offline
Fran, thank you for the best Simon Baker fan site in the world
And thanks for the gallery update, these Land of the Dead premiere photos are fantastic!
 
psyred Date: Friday, 13-Jun-14, 10:16 PM | Message # 732
Blow-In
 
Messages: 5
Status: Offline
I'm totally agree with you. It' a question of RESPECT between us. I just don't appreciate that somoene accuse my site and Hypnoweb. I'm just an always complaining french !! Lol biggrin Ok the story for me is resolving.

Thank you Fran smile
 
sleepylover215 Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 4:16 AM | Message # 733
Ankle Biter
 
Messages: 22
Status: Offline
Fran, I only suggest watermarking because as Simon's popularity grows, so will the desire for archival information and pics. In the internet age sadly respect is at a minimum, what's to stop an unscrupulous person from using your site as a library and not putting in the time it takes to gather this information themselves? Watermarks would at least discourage some of this activity. Just a suggestion, thanks for all that you do smile
 
Tina Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 8:45 AM | Message # 734
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 2066
Status: Offline
I think that watermarks could maybe be removed by somebody with a little talent with photoshop...unless they are in the middle of the face, and that would be not so nice for us who want to collect and keep the photos. I don't like watermarks, but I understand if somebody put them on to protect the photos.
It's just sad that it's even necessary ...that people can't respect it if somebody posts photos.
 
Evy Date: Tuesday, 17-Jun-14, 9:17 AM | Message # 735
Fair Dinkum
 
Messages: 1233
Status: Offline
The watermark is not the solution : we have ourselves our sources that we quote each time.
Why we should watermark photos which do not belong to us and that we found on twitter or instagram or elsewhere ??

We only want respecting to quote or to thank the website where the person took the information (photo, article, anything else....) if that wasn't done directly on the original source wink
That's all.
 
Search:

Free web hosting — uCoz