The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Instagram
Simon's Instagram
Sun Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 12:51 PM | Message # 61
Cobber

I read all comments to this picture carefully (you could say in a Mentalist's way) and that's my guess, why he posted this pic of this surfboard:
There is this project of a surfer's film from the 1970s filmed in Lennox Head and they asked for support to bring the soundtrack out on Vinyl [http://www.pozible.com/project/32006].
And Simon endorsed the project with the biggest donation that was possible and got one of those surfboards limited edition handcrafted in Byron Bay by Simon Jones. [http://www.morningoftheearthsurfboards.com/].
The project was successfuly founded on Sept. 10th and Simon had his new board shipped these days directly from his Aussie home.
Just guessing... cool
This film certainly brings back many, many happy memories for him. Maybe he is in it, little Smiley starts surfing???

Love his comment about the "light at the end of the tunnel". Means he is very much looking forward to jumping on the board.
Being in the middle of shooting a very exiting and demanding season and having just finished his episode he must be exhausted. Hopefully he'll surf on his new board very soon. How many boards does this man have? And has he ever tried to surf the board he got from Ellen - "Please don't eat my friend Simon Baker!" lol

Message edited by Sun - Friday, 01-Nov-13, 2:34 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 2:02 PM | Message # 62
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the very thoughtful and mentalist assessment Sun. About the number of surfboards he must have, I remember Simon once mentioning that surfing is his biggest indulgence. He must need a special room just for his surfing stuff.

Tassie Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 2:35 PM | Message # 63
Bee's Knees

Does anyone know the word written on Simon's skateboard in the recent photos?

Sun Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 2:40 PM | Message # 64
Cobber

Thank you Wand. What else would a Simon fan do on a holiday morning? smile
Yes, your are right. Another research... It was in the Larry King interview. The question was: Biggest thing you splurge on? And Simon's answer: Surfboards.

Sun Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 2:44 PM | Message # 65
Cobber

Tassie, I guess it is the name of the craftsman's firm "Morning Of The Earth Surfboards".
There is a facebook page "Morning Of The Earth Surfboards", where you can see a board which has the same logo on it.

Sun Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 3:16 PM | Message # 66
Cobber

Here is what's written around the two persons with boards:
One ocean once covered the world, it was the MORNING OF THE EARTH

(The picture is from the facebook page)

Message edited by Sun - Friday, 01-Nov-13, 3:16 PM

Evy Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 4:33 PM | Message # 67
Fair Dinkum

This (beautiful) picture is a tatoo !!!!! biggrin

Tassie Date: Friday, 01-Nov-13, 6:56 PM | Message # 68
Bee's Knees

Thanks so much for the info Sun, I'll certainly look on that facebook page.

Tina Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 9:58 AM | Message # 69
Fair Dinkum

I made a pledge too for this Headland project and got the download version of the Headland Soundtrack for a bit more than 6 Euro. Very nice music. Simon's name is mentioned on the cover too.
I posted a link here in the forum after Matt's post at twitter while the collection of money for that poject was on. I thought that Simon would give the biggest pledge possible since he asked the fans to help through posts at Matt's and Jimmy Gadd's twitter posts. Jimmy made a pledge too and helped to make the project possible. It looked as if it won't happen but in the final 2 days major pledges were made (guess one of them was Simon).
The vinyl record will be made in Germany smile
I think the CD is already out. Very relaxing nice guitar music. Would love to see the film.

Fran Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 10:34 AM | Message # 70
Fair Dinkum

Quote Sun ()
And Simon endorsed the project with the biggest donation that was possible and got one of those surfboards limited edition handcrafted in Byron Bay by Simon Jones.

Thanks Sun. I can't believe you're just a Wardrobe Assistant, with your detective skills you should have been promoted to the CBI Team biggrin

Sun Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 1:24 AM | Message # 71
Cobber

Thank you, Fran! Too great an honour, I'm an absolute beginner. But it was fun. Some hidden talents maybe? But only when it comes to Simon. He intrigues me. However, I'm still happy to be his wardrobe assistant. Keeps me near, too! biggrin

Amazon has the sound track, but only mp3s, the CD I found in the online music store "cd baby", but haven't ordered yet.
Yes, Tinamarianne, the film would be interesting to see, it would give an impression of how Simon's youth as a surfer boy was, although he got into it only some years later.

Fran Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 10:38 AM | Message # 72
Fair Dinkum

2nd November
Landing at JFK

http://instagram.com/p/gOjnUsMx8o/#

AgentM Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 4:41 PM | Message # 73
Bee's Knees

Oooooooh that's my favourite so far! Look at that sky!! The contrast between the greys and the colour. Beautiful! I would love to know what lens/filters he uses!

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 06-Nov-13, 11:20 PM | Message # 74
Fair Dinkum

Simon posted another pic on his instagram with comment: "Hammer time #latenightwithjimmyfallon thanks jimmy"
It's from the fallon show, the stump game.
http://instagram.com/p/gWzobvMx88/

Fran Date: Tuesday, 12-Nov-13, 0:19 AM | Message # 75
Fair Dinkum

11th November
My trailer this morning. Not a bad day at the office.

http://instagram.com/p/glGBLwMx3T/#

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Instagram
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz