Wednesday, 15-May-24, 9:25 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
bee Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 12:02 PM | Message # 166
Fair Dinkum

I agree with you AgentM, he doesn't look entirely comfortable especially in the second photo. She seems to be draped all over him, with very little on I might add. Or am I just being a prude...or envious perhaps? tongue

Tina Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 12:14 PM | Message # 167
Fair Dinkum

It seems to me too that he is not really happy in these photos. I wonder if his family is in Australia too or still in the USA.
Maybe these are not friends of him, or would some close friends post photos in the internet? Just now that he sure wants some time to relax and probably stay away from the public.

Tina Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 12:22 PM | Message # 168
Fair Dinkum

Found the photo in the internet, it says it's with Simon and Murray. Maybe the Murray Patersen who did the Headland project?
He sent me a very nice message when I emailed him that I received my download of the CD.
But Simon really seems to be a bit lost ...

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 1:18 PM | Message # 169
Fair Dinkum

I think he was simply out with his friend (the middle aged man on the 1st pic) and that the young ladies have invited themselves, but as Simon is kind and polite… Personal space invasion! Hence he seems a bit embarassed (he must look at his friend on the 2d pic, with a "please help me get out of this trap" expression in the eyes), but there are worst thing in this world, he will survive I'm sure happy

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 1:18 PM

Juney Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 4:06 PM | Message # 170
Bee's Knees

Quote AgentM ()
Is it just me, or does he not look exactly comfortable in the two 'balcony restaurant' photos?

I had the same thought. Poor chap cant have a quiet drink when he wants to.

Hayseed Date: Saturday, 12-Apr-14, 4:30 PM | Message # 171
Bee's Knees

Simon's rugby team, the Paramatta Eels, are doing well so far this season. They won a big game this week - hope he got to see it.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 16-Apr-14, 11:38 AM | Message # 172
Fair Dinkum

Saw this conversation on twitter, in French, have included google translation:

@ParfumsGivenchy Bonjour, va-t-il y avoir un nouveau spot publicitaire sur #GentlemenOnlyIntense avec #SimonBaker? Merci
Hello, Will there be a new advertising spot with #GentlemenOnlyIntense #SimonBaker? Thanks

Reply from Parfums Givenchy ‏@ParfumsGivenchy
Bonjour, c'est prévu, encore un peu de patience ! A bientôt #GentlemenOnlyIntense #SimonBaker
Hello, this is expected, a little patience! Soon #GentlemenOnlyIntense #SimonBaker

June Date: Wednesday, 16-Apr-14, 1:07 PM | Message # 173
Bee's Knees

Finally! Thanks Fran for the information. We'll have to be patient but I hope not too much.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 16-Apr-14, 2:36 PM | Message # 174
Fair Dinkum

Good news Fran. Thank you.
This seemed strange : so deployed equipment and people for just one photo ! On the making of, we could see Simon put his jacket on the shoulders of the woman in different ways.

Tina Date: Wednesday, 16-Apr-14, 2:55 PM | Message # 175
Fair Dinkum

Yes! Thanks for the good news Fran. I already found the ad in a German magazine smile

Evy Date: Saturday, 19-Apr-14, 9:12 AM | Message # 176
Fair Dinkum

Article from SBS.com.au

Simon Baker has a flutter at Randwick
Australian actor Simon Baker took in the races at Royal Randwick on Saturday, presenting a fashion prize to one lucky lady and having a bet on the horses.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news....andwick

He may be best known for his observational skills in US TV series The Mentalist, but when it comes to horse racing Simon Baker concedes he's more of a curator.
The Australian actor was at Royal Randwick on Saturday for Day Two of The Championships as an ambassador for Swiss luxury watchmaker Longines.
But he was also there to have a flutter.
The 44-year-old said he was happy to be a little bit ahead mid-afternoon, but didn't have any tips for the headline $4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
"But I've been gathering tips throughout the day," he told AAP.
"I compare them with each other, then I make a decision. Because everyone's so adamant about their own tip.
"I always look at the odds a bit - I don't really like betting on something that's got really short odds.
"If I'm going to put a bet on a favourite I'll also put a bet on a long shot as well.
"Not that I know what I'm doing at all, it's just a bit of fun."
Baker dined trackside at a Longines VIP luncheon in one of the upstairs ballrooms, next to the one in which Prime Minister Tony Abbott was dining.
Earlier in the day he took some time out to judge the Longines Award of Elegance and present a diamond-encrusted watch to its winner, 31-year-old Melissa Hann.
Hann was one of six female finalists picked from Myer Fashions on the Field entrants at last Saturday's Derby Day.
Dressed in a sleek grey suit, blue tie, and thick-framed black glasses, Baker said his sense of style "depends what mood I'm in".
"I was a bit anxious earlier today, because I have a responsibility today," he said.
"But now I'm here it's really all about the horse racing, which is kind of the way I like it. And I have friends here, so it's more social."
Baker lives in Los Angeles with his actress wife Rebecca Rigg and their three children, but says Australia still holds a special place in his heart.
"I love Sydney, and I feel an immense amount of pride for the city.
"I like these sorts of things when the public comes together and celebrates something. It's kind of atmospheric, it feels good."

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 19-Apr-14, 9:51 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 19-Apr-14, 11:00 AM | Message # 177
Fair Dinkum

Simon and his girls in Sidney… happy 04-19-2014

marta75 Date: Saturday, 19-Apr-14, 2:32 PM | Message # 178
Rip Snorter

Thanks to longines, Australian fans can meet simon as in France at Chantilly. I went two times to Chantilly and I loved the elegant but relaxed atmosphere of this event (besides the weather and the location was beautiful) "plus" I saw Simon and I was stunned by his fascinating physical appearance. It's one of my best memories tongue

Tina Date: Saturday, 19-Apr-14, 3:19 PM | Message # 179
Fair Dinkum

You are so lucky marta! I can imagine what a special moment it is to see Simon live!

marta75 Date: Monday, 21-Apr-14, 4:14 PM | Message # 180
Rip Snorter

Yes indeed Tinamarianne, It was a special moment for me and many fans I think. I must say French people are lucky because Simon is easily approached. I know a lot of people came to Chantilly only to see Simon (and not for the race) and last year there were audience records with 50,000 people. C'était la fête ! But the fans remain correct. You should come to Chantilly this year. It's not very far from Germany (you're German aren't you). Unfortunately I can't go. (and sorry for my bad english)

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz