Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 2:05 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Fran Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 1:39 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

Continuation from: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/2-59-96#13291

Ivana Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 9:12 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

https://twitter.com/marseille2ii/status/439796691428855808
Oscars :Actor Simon Baker and director Felix VGroeningenat the reception for the Foreign Language Film Award category pic.twitter.com/5HHxvXASYv
the photo was taken yesterday in LA

Mossibecca Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 9:15 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

Great pictures....BIG smile on my face!! biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 9:50 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

I think Simon is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, since 2012. Is that correct?

Ivana Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 11:04 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

And if it is correct, does this mean that he has to attend the Oscars?

Evy Date: Saturday, 01-Mar-14, 11:45 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Beautiful smile as usual but I think that Simon could have a dress effort if it was a party !

Fran Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 0:47 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana.
Quote DS_Pallas ()
I think Simon is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, since 2012. Is that correct?

Yes the announcement that Simon had been invited was in June 2012, and he confirmed later that he was a member.

Quote Ivana ()
does this mean that he has to attend the Oscars?

Members are entitled to vote but I don't think they have to attend.

Quote Evy ()
I think that Simon could have a dress effort if it was a party !

I think as fans we can give Simon the benefit of the doubt that he would dress appropriately for the occasion.

Evy Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 10:42 AM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Fran
I think as fans we can give Simon the benefit of the doubt that he would dress appropriately for the occasion.

I'm sorry fran, I don't understand what you meen " benefit of the doubt " ?????
Everybody on the picture is wearing a suit and I think (it's just MY opinion) that he must be dressed appropriately for the occasion, it a meaning of respect and correction when you are a guest.

bee Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 11:28 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

I think Simon looks fine and it's lovely to see Rebecca with him too.

marta75 Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 11:29 AM | Message # 10
Rip Snorter

Wearing a suit or nor, Simon is always a very charming man and his wife Rebecca is smiling beautifully (despite her disheveled hair) cool

marta75 Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 11:36 AM | Message # 11
Rip Snorter

I think they came to vote for the best film in foreign language. I know Simon is a genuine cinephile.

Fran Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 12:14 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Quote Evy ()
Everybody on the picture is wearing a suit and I think (it's just MY opinion) that he must be dressed appropriately for the occasion, it a meaning of respect and correction when you are a guest.

We can’t see many people in the photo, and we don’t actually know what type of event this is. I’ve assumed that it’s an informal event and that Simon dressed appropriately, whereas you’ve assumed that Simon is at fault.

In MY opinion it’s rather surprising that any fan would be so quick to judge him harshly. And as I’ve made clear on many occasions, this site does not exist to give people the opportunity to criticise and find fault, so I think its a great shame that this lovely photo has had that effect.

Update - I was feeling so irritated about this that I found a photo of some other people at the event:

Tina Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 1:48 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Simon looks great in that black shirt. Thanks for the photo. I don't think this was such a formal event and for me Simon always dresses suitable.
Evy, I don't think Simon would ever act disrespectful. For me he is the most well-mannered person in the business and I don't know about
any occassion he behaved not well or was dressed inappropriate. And that black shirt does look elegant. I'm not a fan of suits and ties anyway.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 2:27 PM

Mila Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 2:46 PM | Message # 14
Blow-In

Hi, I noticed a talk on twitter about Simon's pics
I have them uploaded her if you want http://img187.imagevenue.com/gallery/loc528/416_1177_SimonClaude.php

Message edited by Mila - Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 3:08 PM

Mila Date: Sunday, 02-Mar-14, 2:49 PM | Message # 15
Blow-In

Description: Simon Baker walk his son Claude to the car where mom is waiting after a boogie board session in Santa Monica, California.
October 12 / 2013

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz