Friday, 19-Apr-24, 1:18 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video - 2014 (Making a Happy Birthday Video for Simon)
Simon's Birthday Video - 2014
Thrill Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 10:27 AM | Message # 1
Dinkie-Di

Hi Everyone
Its that time again - and thanks to the prompting from Evy.....After Huggy Birthday last year I have been thinking - I ran a couple of ideas past Fran a little while ago.....

My thought this year is .......Simon have a Purrrfect 45 Birthday - from all your fans at The Baker Boy.......

Then I would like to put together a collection of video clips and photos of Simon with animals and add some backing music. He has such a good rapport with animals - and I thought there would be the chance for some funny moments as well.

Like last year if you would like to contribute - just let me know your fav video clip or photo of Simon with an animal, and a short message. Post it here. Just leave a reference to the video clip - either from the video library here and the approximate time, or a YouTube reference or the season/episode number of TV show and approximate time. I will find the clip. So you don't have to post a video clip here - just the reference (I'll do the rest).

A few techy notes - I have another YouTube account (Rosie Blueshoes) - Rosie Green is still active but I don't want to post anything else to it for now. I use FinalCutProX (I'm a Mac fan) to generate the final video. The whole video has to be shorter than 15 minutes to upload to YouTube - so I will edit clips accordingly. If your chosen clip has copyright issue I'll let you know. Still thinking about the music - ideally I will use cover versions as there are less copyright issues.

If you have a clip that you would really like to have included and it's not with an animal - that's oK so long as its not totally out of place with the rest. I will be keeping the content respectful.

It would be very helpful to have suggestions as soon as possible as it takes a little while to put it all together - in any case by 18 July would be good. I would plan to upload around 28/29 July just before Simon's birthday. Also a gentle reminder that this is primarily a video by Simon fans for Simon fans - I doubt Simon will see it as he doesn't like to watch himself............

bee Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 12:12 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Another great idea from you Thrill (as always) ...there is a clip on You Tube entitled "simon baker - his dog" where he talks about getting his dog Happy. There are three photos of Simon walking Happy during the clip which I wondered if you could include in your compilation. I'd like my message to be ..."Simon, may love and happiness surround you not only on your special day, but always. You are a true inspiration. Bee xx" If this is not acceptable please let me know and thanks for taking the time and trouble for doing this for us. x

Fran Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 12:51 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Thrill - for info, you may have already captured the original, much better quality version of the video Bee wants, but if not it's here: http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20562602,00.html

bee Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 1:33 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Fran... smile

ester10 Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 2:51 PM | Message # 5
Blow-In

Thanks Fran, brilliant idea!

Tanja Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 4:07 PM | Message # 6
Rip Snorter

Thank you Thrill and Fran for possibility send Birhday greetings to Simon. I like to see him with horses.
http://marcasas-protocolo.es/wp-cont....447.jpg

Would like this message : Simon, you're not getting older, you're getting better! Hopping that your day will be as special as you are! Happy Birthday! Tanja

Evy Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 4:45 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

@Thrill :
I love cats so I'd like an extract of the episode 5.21 (Red and Itchy - the episode about Laroche's box !.... great memories.... tongue )

at 14:20
Simon takes the cat of the locksmith's wife and cuddles him (before putting him in the safe.)

My comment : "Happy birthday Simon. Watching you in movies, in series and in your real life is like a caress on our hearts"

If I didn't use the good term for "caress" please correct me.

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 7:15 PM

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 22-Jun-14, 7:21 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Can you use a still photo, or do you need video?

Tina Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 8:56 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

I love dogs, so could you take a scene from "Something new" with Simon and the dog? Maybe the one when he is driving in the car with the dog sitting next to him? I don't know if this is on youtube or if you have the movie ...I also love the scenes from "The Guardian" with Bart, the dog of the judge.

My text:

I wish you a happy birthday and that all your wishes and dreams come true! Thank you so much for all the joy you bring to your fans.
Christina

Fran Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 11:20 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

I was going to suggest 'Something New' because there are some lovely clips of Brian with his dog Max in that film. So instead of that, I'll choose some clips from 5.13 The Red Barn. When Jane & Lisbon go to the Preston home where there are several dogs, there are some really sweet moments of Jane on the floor in the house making a fuss of one of the dogs, who is clearly loving the attention.

My message is "Happy Birthday Simon, you're the bee's knees, the cat's whiskers, the dog's doodahs, Love Fran x"

Thanks Thrill

Thrill Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 12:25 PM | Message # 11
Dinkie-Di

Great ideas everyone - I was thinking of Something new today on my way home - when Kenya opens the door to Brian and Max and says "I don't do dogs" and he replies "neither do I - we're just good friends" - corny I know but it cracks me up every time.

Stills or video is fine. Also If English isn't your first language - you can leave the message in your language with English translation in brackets and I'll put both on...

Keep the ideas rolling - thank you xxxx

Ivana Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 2:45 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I would like to see the clip where he is saying what kind of animal he would be from the video Simon Baker and the art of Mind reading
http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/publ....1-0-337

My message is: "Happy Birthday Simon and thank you for all the smiles. Love, Ivana"

Message edited by Ivana - Monday, 23-Jun-14, 2:47 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 8:00 PM | Message # 13
True Blue

Thrill, I love the idea and appreciate a lot the effort you put in this!
Thank you so much !!!

I just can barely find the time to have a look on the site in the moment, so much work...
18th July is deadline, you said? I´ll try my very best.

June Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 9:04 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Wonderful idea Thrill! I love the end of the episode "Mothers of the disappeared" (1x18) from "The Guardian". I had no doubt to choose this one. It's the last part of the scene: Nick is going away from the dog and then he turns his head and makes a little gesture to follow him. He starts walking again and the dog follows him to stand beside him (42:18-42:50) My message: "Happy 45 Birthday Simon. Thanks for being there"

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 23-Jun-14, 9:43 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

What a great idea Thrill, and thank you for doing what I know will be a lot of work.

I would like to choose a scene from Smith, either the one where he is in the womans dressing gown and decideds to use the cat to 'store' his friends ankle monitor, or the one where he lets the kitten go to set off the alarms in the compound. I will look out the video's and tell you the place on them of the scenes.

I would like to say....'Have a wonderful birthday, you make every day puuuuuurrrrrfect! Thanks for all the fun'

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video - 2014 (Making a Happy Birthday Video for Simon)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz