• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's style
Simon's style
JudeBlue Date: Monday, 07-Mar-11, 5:16 PM | Message # 1
Cobber

OK.

We have to start with Simon's glasses.

Are they always Ray-Bans? (Fran will know.)

They are very distinctive and mostly I think they suit him - occasionally I think they are a little dark and heavy - but mostly he looks gorgeous in them.

I've seen him in Aviators and I didn't think the shape suited him at all.

What does everyone else think?

cool

Added (07-Mar-11, 4:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Brown shoes with blue suits - supposedly a fashion faux pas.

NO IT'S NOT, HE LOOKS GORGEOUS.
biggrin

Added (07-Mar-11, 4:15 PM)
Oh, I meant that to be a new post, I wonder what went wrong?

Where's me L plate?

biggrin

Added (07-Mar-11, 4:16 PM)
I need a rest.

LOL!

wacko

Fran Date: Monday, 07-Mar-11, 10:34 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Its OK Jude, you're not going crazy - there was a weird setting for Friends that merged consecutive posts, don't know how that happened rolleyes I've changed it now.

Anyway, back to the important matter of Simon's style. His glasses are Oliver Peoples - apparently the 3 little gold dots are their signature style. First time I saw him in his glasses it was a bit of a shock, but I've grown to love them. I like that they give him a completely different look, and if you get a close-up they frame his beautiful eyes.

Yes, the brown shoes & suits - never thought I would like that look, but he makes it work, and it seems to be quite fashionable now to dress down a suit. He does like to have comfortable feet, and who can blame him, I always think that if you're feet are comfortable you can take on the world. batman Although I think he's most comfortable wearing no shoes at all, which is fine by me because he has very nice feet. And that brings us to Simon the surfer - another great look, the Nick Onken photoshoot has got to be my favourite. I'm sure the beach is Simon's natural home.

And yet, we also have the man of style, looking fabulous on the Red Carpet in an Italian suit, although probably with less comfortable feet.

JudeBlue Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-11, 8:48 AM | Message # 3
Cobber

Thanks for that Fran - I thought perhaps it was because I replied to my own OP or something.

Anyway.

Oliver Peoples eh? Never heard of them - I only found a bit about some Ray-Bans he wore to something - I knew you'd know. biggrin

I know he says that he's 'as blind as a bat' without them. Does he wear contacts when he's acting?

I did wonder if his poor eyesight helped him to look blind in Bloodshot.

JudeBlue Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-11, 9:01 AM | Message # 4
Cobber

Oh yes in that gorgeous Tavis Smiley interview he's wearing very comfortable shoes - lol - also he often wears what I would describe as tan suede almost ankle boots - lace ups - that I've always hated but they suit him so well.

JudeBlue Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-11, 9:15 AM | Message # 5
Cobber

He does have lovely feet, and lovely legs.

I very much liked his look in Smith - which of course is a character so I mustn't let myself go off topic.

I bet Simon would spend all day in shorts if he could.

(Nobody would complain Simon. lol )

Fran Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-11, 12:06 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

I think the reference to Ray-Bans was on a photo which was incorrect. As far as I know Simon always wears Oliver Peoples which is an LA store. He talked about it on an Ellen interview (February 2009 I think), and even gave her a pair because she'd seen him wearing them on the Grammys and had phoned him to find out where he got them (amusing story).

His eyesight is OK close up but as you say very poor at distance. He doesn't wear contacts because he finds them uncomfortable, and he's also said that when he's acting, not being able to see very well helps him to stay focussed (bless him!).

Did you notice in Bloodshot that when he was blind he changed his head carriage by lifting his chin up slightly - its that sort of attention to detail that is one of the things I love about him as an actor.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-11, 12:55 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

I love that Tavis Smiley interview when he points out Simon's well-worn boots - its so funny. Simon's taste in footwear definitely shows his Australian-ness.

(Off-topic response - I also think he was gorgeous in Smith, another character where you can't help but love him in spite of yourself. And the surfing scene is fabulous.)

JudeBlue Date: Wednesday, 09-Mar-11, 9:24 AM | Message # 8
Cobber

Thanks for that correction on the Ray-Bans Frans - honestly you can't trust anything on the web can you? blink

I thought I'd seen all the Ellen interviews (love Ellen) but I don't remember that one, shall have to check.

And yes I love those little details - which are admirable considering the filming schedule.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 09-Mar-11, 11:48 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

The February 2009 Ellen interview is on youtube (it’s one of mine), but unfortunately the quality is poor – still worth watching though. Its in the Videos/Interviews thread, but here’s the link anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLE8aBCqi4

JudeBlue Date: Thursday, 10-Mar-11, 9:53 AM | Message # 10
Cobber

Simon's Hair

Now, I don't think his gorgeous waves and curls can be described as his style - as he says they are caused by his genes. But I do think his hair cuts qualify.

In Red Planet and The Guardian his hair is short (I've not seen the end of TG but it gets longer). It suits him very well, he has a terrific jawline, but I love the curls so much that I favour his Smith and Sex and Death 101 syles. I especially like it when a curl or two falls down onto his forehead.

I don't particularly like Patrick Jane's 'style' - but it suits the character - Jane is no longer the fake medium concerned with appearances and so it is completely right that he has a rather wash and go, shove it off his face 'style'.

If I had my way his hair would be long and curly (I've always wanted curly hair). It can be ginger or golden or blond - all are lovely. love

JudeBlue Date: Wednesday, 30-Mar-11, 1:35 PM | Message # 11
Cobber

Recently Fran posted a picture or two and Simon was wearing the trilby hat again.

That definitely gets my vote!

biggrin

JudeBlue Date: Wednesday, 30-Mar-11, 1:53 PM | Message # 12
Cobber

And also there are some lovely photos of Simon in some slim fitting trousers and a pale denim jacket.

Very cool

Fran Date: Wednesday, 30-Mar-11, 6:19 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

I like his tousled hair best preferably with a bit of stubble - the just rolled out of bed look is probably the best way to describe it. Although I think he did look extremely scrumptious in Sex & Death, and I adore Nick from The Guardian.

So I guess almost anything works for me, although I'm not so keen on the slicked back look, or darker hair like in The Lodger.

As for clothes, once again pretty much everything works for me - beach boy, man of style, family man casual, or even no clothes at all. biggrin But I have to say, I do like his checked shirts, particularly that green one he's so partial to lately.

JudeBlue Date: Thursday, 31-Mar-11, 0:04 AM | Message # 14
Cobber

Yes Fran that shirt is lovely, it looks so well with his colouring.

Juney Date: Tuesday, 01-Nov-11, 12:08 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

I've just found this thread. How do you guys find out all this stuff. Admittedly I'm not a film goer so have only seen 'Prada' on TV. I loved that style.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's style
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz