Tuesday, 30-Apr-24, 11:10 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 04 Blood Feud (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
04 Blood Feud
kul65 Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 9:40 PM | Message # 16
Cobber

And... caught up!

Is it just me, or is this the greatest season start since the beginning? The episodes have been amazing up till this point and one can really tell they're trying to go back to the wonderful, wonderful roots. Police work, blah! Fun, dark and unorthodox, THE MENTALIST! I have that same trembling excitement building in me now that I once had waiting for new episodes of the first season! And for once, unlike the third and fourth season, I'm not even worried they might lose track, because the feel is different. It's not just a bunch of great episodes. It's the vibe of a great season.

LaRoche rocked, Yeoman stole the episode, the gunfights were exciting again and the story surrounding the murderer (while easy to guess, motive included) was interesting enough to welcome rewatches again and again and that's all that really matters. Unpredictability is for first time viewings.

Amazing comeback, and so sad that the old viewership isn't sticking around to experience it with us.

What I say? Bring on the long-awaited episode 99!! biggrin

Message edited by kul65 - Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 9:41 PM

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 10:48 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Was it me or was there alot of hard to hear dialogue in this episode? Of course I could find the DVR remote but not the tv remote, so that might have had something to do with it! LOL. But I could barely hear some of the dialogue between Rigsby and his father. And I couldn't make out all that Jane said to Rigsby when he got on the elevator (he said Cho's right but did he say you might want to think twice?)
Did the team set it all up to allow Rigsby this? It seemed like the man shot at Rigsby so it wasn't any different then Jane shooting Hardy or Hightower and Van Pelt shooting Craig or . . .
But we only get the team's story of what happened. Maybe LaRoche was right.
It was good to see LaRoche! Pruitt Taylor Vance looks really good, I think he's lost weight. It is interesting his looks at Jane when it seemed to me like the last time we saw him, he was helping with the whole putting the team back together scheme. (Oh come on, the look on his face when he placed Van Pelt on the team, it was like go LaRoche). And he was totally right about Lisbon. Her loyalty to the team is admirable but could be a career killer for her.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 24-Oct-12, 0:05 AM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Well, I’m not at all interested in gang warfare, and I’m not particularly interested in Rigsby, so this was never going to be one of my favourite episodes. I thought it was OK, worth watching once or twice but not more than that.

I was glad to see Laroche again, I really like Pruitt Taylor Vince, and my favourite scene of the episode was the one near the end with him, Lisbon and Jane. But that scene was so strong, that in a way it highlighted what I felt to be the shortcomings in much of the rest of the episode. I didn’t feel any real connection between Rigsby and his father (I didn’t feel it in their Season 3 episode either), and that lack of connection diluted the emotional impact for me. Although I thought that Owain did a pretty good job, I felt there was just some indefinable something missing that marks the difference between a good performance and a great performance.

Quote (justlook3)
And I couldn't make out all that Jane said to Rigsby when he got on the elevator (he said Cho's right but did he say you might want to think twice?)

I think he said 'leave it to us'.

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 24-Oct-12, 3:57 AM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

Amazing comeback, and so sad that the old viewership isn't sticking around to experience it with us.

That is what I don't get. Apparently there are people who sit around and watch only tv on one night. So they watch any damn thing they put on the tv on Tuesday night or Thursday or whatever and if the show gets moved, they don't apparently care. It boggles my mind. I guess I just don't watch enough tv to understand that.

Geli Date: Friday, 26-Oct-12, 9:15 AM | Message # 20
Surfie

I didn’t feel any real connection between Rigsby and his father (I didn’t feel it in their Season 3 episode either), and that lack of connection diluted the emotional impact for me.

I think your perception is right, Fran, and so intended because Rigsby didn't have much of a connection with his dad. I think it's supposed to be portrayed that way, the most telling of this is that Rigsby didn't touch his father's hand in return when he placed his hand on his son's. Sad in a way ... but also reality in real people's lives, maybe for other reasons than dad having been in prison and involved with crime.

Message edited by Geli - Friday, 26-Oct-12, 9:17 AM

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 26-Oct-12, 11:03 AM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

If you remember in Russet Potatoes, when Rigsby had been hypnotised, and Patrick was trying to break the trance, Rigsby was begging him to stop hurting him.....

Fran Date: Friday, 26-Oct-12, 5:21 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

I agree with you Geli, but I've found that great actors can often portray a sense of shared history, and I would like to have felt that here but didn't.

angel Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 5:13 PM | Message # 23
Cobber

Very serious epis with jane the light relief. May i say owain did a great job and also william forsythe. When he touched his hand in the bar his guard was down. Good to see laroche. Great van pelt in more. Loved all the placed objects to hide bump. Best for me was the end when laroche accused jane setting it up so rigsby got revenge. Went quiet when he said it and jane reply that we all have our secrets. But i think in a way laroche agreed with what happened. And finaly end with rigsby n his kid. What a fitting end. Great episode all round.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 04 Blood Feud (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz