Tuesday, 30-Apr-24, 5:41 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 04 Blood Feud (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
04 Blood Feud
Fran Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 8:35 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

"Blood Feud” — When Rigsby’s father is found injured at a crime scene, the team must find out if it is the result of a long-standing small-town gang war, on THE MENTALIST, at a special time, Sunday, Oct. 21 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/9:30-10:30 PM, CT/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

William Forsythe returns as Rigsby's father, Steve. Pruitt Taylor Vince ("Deadwood") returns as J.J. Laroche. Max Martini ("Revenge”) guest stars as former gang member Fletcher Moss.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Pruitt Taylor Vince (J.J. Laroche)
William Forsythe (Steve Rigsby)
Austin Bowerman (Kyle Overton)
Brad Carter (Phil Rawson)
Jeannetta Arnette (Sue Overton)
Michael Irby (Beltran)
Michael Polli (Joey)
Max Martini (Fletcher Moss)
Piter Marek (Trauma Surgeon)
Daisy Eagan (Samantha Stewart)
Leontine Guilliard (Tina)
David Earnest (Agent Jurmain)
Sean Guse (Gang Member)
Pablo Espinosa (Agent Weber)
Yvette Saunders (Nurse)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper
DIRECTED BY: Anton Cropper

bee Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 11:28 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Wasn't sure if I would enjoy this episode but surprisingly I found it very moving. Loved the way in which the team rallied round Rigsby, like a family, and Grace giving him a hug. Still some feelings there I think. So, Rigsby is a single dad due to the fact that he 'played dead' during Jane's latest scheme to catch RJ. Another burden of guilt for Jane!! It wasn't explained why Sarah didn't have Ben and it was left for Rigsby to bring him up though and I would have liked to learn more about that. The baby was cute though.

For ONCE I actually guessed the murderer. He was just too good to be true and also the fact that he didn't belong to either of the gangs but a different one, albeit a long while ago.

It was great to see JJ Laroche returning and I would really like him to be their new boss. He's creepy and Jane makes no bones about detesting him but he makes a good adversary for Jane and they do have some good scenes together. Jane saying to Laroche at the end that "we all have our flaws" was I believe alluding to that tupperware box. Perhaps if Laroche sticks around we may actually learn the contents....I have to say the suspense is killing me!!

I liked the slight intimacy between Jane and Lisbon at the end. Jane sitting on the edge of her desk, I felt he was imitating his position when he was questioning Lorelei in order to get closer to her. There was a perfectly good chair nearby so why sit on her desk? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this!! Jane also protecting Lisbon when he told Laroche it was he who had called Rigsby to the the scene. Another very sad ending....can't see it getting any easier either with next week's episode!! Kleenex at the ready again!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 22-Oct-12, 2:38 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 1:43 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

It was a good episode, but with a darker crime vibe than usual. Not my favourite style, but basically what I was expecting from Jordan Harper, because from his tweets, I know that he's into crime writing. It was definitely a moving episode, but being shallow, I would have preferred more Jane and more whimsy. Really looking forward to next week.

Green Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 3:41 PM | Message # 4
Surfie

I liked this episode more than I expected- I predicted the villain and the set up to catch him, but not the fact that it was set up for Rigsby to get revenge- I was very moved by the final scene. Can't wait for next week, but trying not to see too many spoilers. I find it more enjoyable when things come as a surprise.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 3:56 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

It was great to see JJ Laroche again, I've missed him so much. Very well played by Owain, he did a great job with Rigsby this week, very believable. Glad that they have cleared up where Sarah is, I thought those tow would suffer from Jane's Ruse in the Finale last year.

Overall for me a good solid episode, not a great one to be watched until my machine breaks.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 5:55 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Owain did a great job, showing his acting skills more than he has had to before. I think he and Sarah are sharing custody of Ben since I can't see her giving up her son. Not a memorable episode but a good one and the murder actually not unreal. This season is a keeper.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 6:44 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

What a drama!!!!
Very, very well done by Owain - great acting!
So lovely it was to see Rigsby with his son, so sad was it to see him cry with Ben in his arms in the ending scene....
We learned, Rigsby and Sarah split...we saw it coming, right?

I liked Cho´s concern to Rigsby "you didn´t like to grow up with your father in prison - Ben wouldn´t like it either...."

Loved this Jane-quote "It´s better to regret something you did than something you didn´t"

What do you think: did they make it up to give Rigsby the chance of a revenge? I mean, really? I didn´t have the feeling Rigsby had the intention to kill the guy. Catch him, yes. Hurt him, maybe. But actually kill him? I don´t know.

Fran Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 8:02 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Some of Owain & Jordan's live tweets during the episode:

Owain:
We had a new and wonderful director Anton Cropper who brought a unique shooting style to tonight's ep.
My tv son Ben actually played by two adorable twins Jude and James. Adorable kids!
The art of hiding the Righetti pregnancy bump. Subtle genius!!
Be glad u can't smell this gym. No air con and lots of sweat! #smellovision
There was a man attached to this needle... Great line!
Working with Bill is such a pleasure. A truly wonderful actor. Hope we get the chance to work together again. I have a lot of respect for him and learn loads every time we have worked together. Inspiration.
Reply to ‘Is Jillian Bach going to be back this season?’ - yes indeed. She's in ep 9
Bill worked in that little hand touch. Nice detail I thought. He reached across the table and brushes Rigsbys hand. An awkward moment of tenderness
Tim and I always enjoy filming a good Chigsby moment ;-)
The gym is actually part of the Warner bros auto garage.
Chase is on! My legs are still sore ;-)
The house I shot the perp at was actually the scene of a real homicide th week before. Scary!

Jordan:
We looked at a lot of babies and this kid was by far the cutest. Look at the little sucker.
That truck was beautiful. I wanted to steal it.
This was the first #thementalist directed by Anton Cropper. Won't be the last. He was great.
I sorta stole that joke from Townes Van Zandt.
I may be the only person who remembers Rocket, but I'm glad we got to call back to her.
I was way too excited that I worked a reference to the Stockton Slap into the show. #thementalist #diazbrothers
We spent a long time looking for Steve Rigsby's favorite song. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYEVKBCk1c
That @OYeoman can act, I tell you what.
I love the old one guy vs two gangs story. Miller's Crossing, Yojimbo, Red Harvest ..
I'm just pitching here: Bill Forsythe and Pruitt Taylor Vince buddy cop movie.
Not-live tweet: all of the low riders in #bloodfeud came from the Kings of Kings car club, thanks to #thementalist security guard Big Tiny.
Reply to ‘Jane reaching out for a gang-shake with Beltran was brilliant. Your idea’ - No, that was all Simon. That's why he's a star.
Reply to ‘What's the next episode you'll write?’ - It should be somewhere around episode 14.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 22-Oct-12, 8:10 PM | Message # 9
True Blue

Thanks Fran!
I like those tweets.
And yes, what a great choice of music again! How they put it reminded me of "his right red hand" where they put "darkening sky" so well. Very touching.

Tish Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 0:18 AM | Message # 10
Blow-In

Just finished watching the episode - very dark and sad and kind of depressing in a way.

I am really not sure what I think of these very sad episodes - it is hard to put into words. I really like the ones with a more upbeat vibe - I want to describe them has happy episodes but that doesn't sound quite right if you think about the fact that our fun is in watching a murderer get caught.

The Red John episodes are often quite gruesome but are necessary to keep the overarching story line going and so I like watching them just to see if there is any additional information hidden away somewhere.

The very sad episodes always give you something to ponder. In this case, the question is did they set it up so Rigsby could kill his Dad's killer or was his arrival on the scene a coincidence. Like with the other dark episodes I guess we will never find out for sure.

But we all know what Jane's answer would be ... coincidences don't exist! smile

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 0:23 AM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I have to rewatch this episode, but what I think, Tish, is that Patrick Jane didn't set up a revenge killing. I would say that the most he set up for Rigsby was a choice.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 11:37 AM | Message # 12
Dinkie-Di

This episode was very moving, Owain was great in the drammatic role and the scenes when his father dead and at the end with his son was very touching.
Loved the scene with Jane and Lisbon at the desk, when when Jane tells Lisbon that work with papers is useless and then when both protect each other from Laroche.
Thank you Fran for the tweets.

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 3:08 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

Thanks for the tweets Fran.

Ok. I am not sure what to think and write about this episode. It was ok.
Somehow, however, considering the so far Rigsby's relationship to his enstranged, violent and criminal father, I thought there was an over-reaction (shown in the episode) on his part. And I do not believe that Rigsby killed in order to avenge his father's killer!... On the other hand, maybe abused people still nurture warm feelings towards their abusers!!
Am I too harsh?
(I still remember the end of the previous episode devoted to Rigsby and his father, where Rigsby is forced to fist-fight with his father in order to prove his masculinity. I remember well, don't I?)

Or maybe the episode was about the father showing his regret and making amends with his son, just before his death...?

I'll watch the episode again for more insight....

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 4:28 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

@Lenacr, I can understand what you mean, but I think it was as much Rigsby mourning what might have been, as mourning the death of his father.

Now he has a son of his own, he wants to have a good relationship with him, built on love and understanding, he must see the stark contrast between that hope and what he had with HIS father....and of course now Rigsby senior is dead, there is no way he can build bridges.....even if his Dad was willing to do so.

That was just my understanding of the end.

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 23-Oct-12, 6:54 PM | Message # 15
Dinkie-Di

Mossibecca, yes, Rigsby will make a wonderful father, mainly because he will try hard to give his son everything that he has missed re: his father.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 04 Blood Feud (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz