Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 9:26 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 06 Cherry Picked (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
06 Cherry Picked
kul65 Date: Tuesday, 06-Nov-12, 9:25 PM | Message # 16
Cobber

Well, wow. I had absolutely no expectations knowing Appelbaum was at the helm, but I remain in awe of this season. Fresh outside-the-box directing, fresh character-focused writing (human suspects and main characters), all very "season one" and that I could never EVER complain about.

I can't stress enough how glad I am to see Rigsby back to his likable old self. In season four, he felt so stiff and kind of selfish, but this here. This sea lion person, that's the human guy I remember who once had a crush on Van Pelt. "Blood Feud" did Yeoman good.

My one worry this season was that the episodes felt a bit short (Not One Red Cent being the prime example), but now I guess that was just in my head. This episode felt longer than usual if anything, and looking back all but "Red Cent" felt kind of normal too. I guess it was the increase in secondary plot focus that was messing with my perception. "Cherry Picked" got it just right, though.

Really good episode, really. Kudos Appelbaum, kudos Showalter. Waiting for "The Mentalist" feels just the way it's supposed to again. No worrying the next episode might be subpar, that won't happen this time. At least I don't think so. Given what we have so far, what could go wrong?

Except the Van Pelt replacement... But that's not yet. For now 5x07 seems like another classic and 5x08... well... that's 5x-frickin-08!!

Message edited by kul65 - Tuesday, 06-Nov-12, 9:25 PM

hellenna Date: Thursday, 08-Nov-12, 9:25 PM | Message # 17
Blow-In

Excellent episode, as always hands !!!!Simon is a great actor respect smile That two sides of his performance,funny smile and serious wink almost in every episode are fascinating!! The two stories were very interesting and i can't wait for the upcoming episodes... lol bye bye

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 06 Cherry Picked (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz