Friday, 29-Mar-24, 9:07 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 07 If It Bleeds It Leads (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 If It Bleeds It Leads
PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 4:44 PM | Message # 16
Surfie

Sylvia5993 thank you very much for the explanation about the pronunciation! I was about to speculate if Lisbon's name has any significant! ^^

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 7:08 PM | Message # 17
True Blue

Quote (Raven)
Quote (Mossibecca)
My take on the scene in the attic with Lisbon, Him saying that he wouldn't always be there....I think he is trying to prepare her for bad times to come

That's exactly what I was thought too. Creepy foreshadowing. My second thought was "Dear Jane, how dare you to say that. You already left her for 6 months not nearly 1 month ago. Do you planning to stay away longer next time?"

My thought on this was more like Jane already feels such close to catching RJ and then leaving CBI, maybe.
Or it was just a typical Jane-ish reaction to Lisbon´s "I´m not in the sixth grade, this doesn´t work on me"...

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 8:45 PM | Message # 18
Cobber

Very good episode. Still a very, very strong season and the next episode will hardly change that. I love it that it feels a bit more serialized and also that it feels a lot more natural than the preceeding season. When there's a returning character, they don't make that big a deal of it anymore. They just appear, and that in my opinion works better. Such as Robert Kirkland in this episode. He walks in and shocks everyone, but it still flows very naturally. I'll get back to that.

Case of the week. Great again. Creative direction again, from the first scene to the last. Loved it that the interrogation scenes weren't just standard rooms but instead race tracks, air plane conventions and a newsroom. Keeps it fresh and interesting. Interaction between the suspects themselves is also a nice addition.

The hunt for the assassin was fun. Volker was unsettling from the moment they told us the story of the rain forest, culminating with the very disturbing murder of Amanda. The Lisbon arc is off to a great start, and here are some hopes I have for it:

- More on the Bosco incident mentioned in 2.06.
- Lisbon calling in her own billionaire. wink

Now. Kirkland. Hell yes on speech impediment (Jane mentioned RJ has this in a deleted scene from the pilot) (Volker was also mentioned having struggled with this, mind you). Hell yes on the character too. Much like Brett Partridge, this is a suspect that wouldn't disappoint me would he be revealed as the one and only. I liked his nervous approach with a slight feeling of sadness.

Now, why he wanted to contact Lisbon remains a mystery, but so does the poker game in 5.03. Perhaps the same mystery?

Now I also wonder who Agent Nemo might be. Last episode I was sure it would be Kirkland, but since he doesn't work for the FBI... well. Alexa? Or maybe there's more than one mole.

Message edited by kul65 - Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 8:45 PM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 8:51 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I’d thought it was going to be more of a fun episode, just proves how misleading the promos can be. I thought it was a good episode which I enjoyed very much, and it left me with lots to think about. My 2 favourite scenes were the ones which made me laugh – the interview with Tara Sky and then Patrick on TV (classic Jane at his best).

I was a bit annoyed with Lisbon for promising Amanda that she would be safe, she wasn’t in a position to make a promise like that. But then in TV shows, people are always making promises for things that are outside their control, it always annoys me, and usually it means some poor gullible soul is going to die.

Volker was shown to be truly evil and it will be interesting to see how he gets his come-uppance. Its tempting to compare him to Red John and wonder if there’s any friendly connection between them. Personally I don’t think so, as they seem to have completely different motivations, but they could be enemies.

As for Kirkland and his words to Lisbon, they seemed ambiguous to me, could have been a warning or could have been friendly advice. I think in many ways, the obvious conclusion to draw is that he’s connected to Red John, so perhaps that’s what they want us to think. Which makes me suspicious that we’re being played and that there’s another explanation.

PJaneloke Date: Wednesday, 14-Nov-12, 4:44 AM | Message # 20
Surfie

Kul65, I didn't know PJ mentioned Red John has speech impediment! Thank you for that! It is very interesting that both Kirland, Volker and Red John share the same speech disorder.

angel Date: Wednesday, 19-Dec-12, 7:17 PM | Message # 21
Cobber

This was an excellent episode. loved start when jane reluctent to go and then gets irate when figures out it was murder. Brilliant. Loved it when jane goes off on his own then when he gets back with lisbon the cheeky comments between them each thinking they can go it alone yet they keep meeting up.

Jane on tv was comedic genius and simon at his best. loved his line before he gets slapped ' Hell hath no fury like a slut outflanked'. But the way he got newsguy to confess by accident was timelesss.

Volker at first glance i thought well he seems tame but then when lisbon really starts to get to him like when he was leaving for his plane then you slowly start to see the evil that lurks beneath. Cusick is fabulous. But what really got me was the scene with his assistant murder which was shocking but when you then see him watching my god hair stood up on my neck. one of the most gruesome moments in tm ever. but the team finding her body hanging was also a shock as usualy they don't like to show the full shot of it on broadcast and i expected just waist down but to see it in full really got to me. That was the power of this episode. but volker then coming by to speak to lisbon at murder scene and trying to blame her that was pure evil of him. Brilliant character and look forward to the next 2 episode. I think he could possibly be just as bad if not worse than red john. Will he stay around after 3 episodes as a new villain if red john is concluded soon who knows

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 20-Dec-12, 3:04 AM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Interesting premise, Angel. We know RJ will be revealed this year, also that the Red Corvette Episode will feature Volker and the outcome with Lisbon. Can't wait for 2013.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 07 If It Bleeds It Leads (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz