Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 9:39 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 07 If It Bleeds It Leads (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 If It Bleeds It Leads
Fran Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 11:24 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

THE TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A REPORTER WHO MAY HAVE BECOME TOO CLOSE TO HER STORY, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, NOV. 11

"If It Bleeds, It Leads” — The team investigates the murder of a reporter who may have become too close to her story, while Jane insists on pursuing his own leads to find Lorelei, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Nov. 11 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Henry Ian Cusick ("Lost”) guest stars as Tommy Volker, a multi-millionaire adventurer playboy who becomes a suspect.
Ted McGinley guest stars as Ed Hunt, a news anchor who worked with the victim.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Kevin Corrigan (Robert Kirkland)
Henry Ian Cusick (Tommy Volker)
Ted McGinley (Ed Hunt)
Mircea Monroe (Tara Skye)
Amir Arison (Ryan Kasmir)
Jennifer Peo (Cassie Flood)
Gerald Downey (Forest Ranger)
VJ Foster (Dickie Yuntz)
Rhea Bailey (Amanda Shaw)
Paul Willson (Paul Jenkins)
Jeremy Glazer (Steve Berman)
Nadege August (Female Cyclist)

WRITTEN BY: Eoghan Mohony
DIRECTED BY: John Showalter

Peithon Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 6:42 AM | Message # 2
Rip Snorter

Can I just say holy crap, everybody duck, now it's Homeland security, over the FBI. Excellent episode.

bee Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 1:05 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Another great episode that is the beginning of Lisbon's arc as promised by Bruno. Jane appears to be concealing his plans, once again, from Lisbon and so is reluctant to help on the case while he tries to find a way of solving the problem of Lorelei and is getting more and more impatient. Therefore Lisbon seemed to be left to her own devices most of the time and Jane telling her he won't always be around to help her. What about his "I'm always going to save you" statement? Is he preparing her in case things go wrong with his plans? I thought this remark to be offensive to Lisbon considering she has always been there for him in the past but unfortunately where Lorelei and RJ are concerned Jane seems to lose any thought for anyone else! No matter what though I suspect that she will still be there for him and pick up the pieces if his plans go awry!

His chat with Tara Skye was amusing and I likened it to two gossiping women. Until he got slapped that is! At least it wasn't a punch on the nose! Loved it when Lisbon said "I hope that hurt".

The attic scene between Jane and Lisbon was telling. Jane offering to help and Lisbon saying "Don't bother, you haven't worked the case". I think Lisbon was perhaps trying some reverse psychology here but not sure.

I was a little surprised when Jane volunteered to go in front of the cameras considering his past experiences but the glasses trick with Ed Hunt was clever and loved it when Jane realised he was still "on the air" and said "We'll be right back after this commercial break". Classic.

Finally it seems ironic that when Lisbon really needed Jane's help he wasn't there for her. After Robert Kirkland's chilling visit with her I really wanted her to confide in Jane but sadly it wasn't to be. I hope he doesn't get so consumed with getting Lorelei that he forgets who his true friends are. Tommy Volker was evil and I can't wait for him to get his "come uppance". Lisbon is now consumed by guilt and I think we are going to see another side to her!

Best Quotes
Jane: "I can't promise I'll always be around to help you, Teresa. There will come a time when you might have to do all this on your own".
(Note: he called her Teresa here!)

Jane to Lisbon: "You go, girl".
Jane to Lisbon: "Look at you, so tough, getting goosebumps".

Can't wait for next episode.

Message edited by bee - Monday, 12-Nov-12, 1:35 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 2:17 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed this episode too....My take on the scene in the attic with Lisbon, Him saying that he wouldn't always be there....I think he is trying to prepare her for bad times to come...He isn't telling her his plans,but he isn't denying that he has them...she is sort of still in the loop, but doesn't have the fine details.

The homeland security guy...creepy!!, and did you notice the way he pronounced her name......lisBON.....like the guy in the season 4 premier who met her in the parking garage with Jane's winnings from prison.....odd pronunciation!!

A nice mix of serious and funny...I liked Lisbon saying to give Jane lipstick and blusher....and when he did the link to the commercial break...he BATTED his eyelashes.....oh be still my beating heart.......!! wacko

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this Lisbon think goes......could this also be RJ related....Volker looks like the kind of guy he would like.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 5:34 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

The odd pronunciation is a New York thing, Bronx I believe. This guy is telling us he is a tough guy from the east coast and since he already has Jane on his radar, I'm getting a menacing vibe, but that could also be just another fish story. I am dying here since I'll miss the next few crucial epis while traveling. DVR don't fail me now.

Peithon Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 5:44 PM | Message # 6
Rip Snorter

Listen for RJs music when Bob meets Jane (who he knows but Jane doesn't know him) and how as Jane turns the corner the camera focuses on a picture on the wall, Bertram I believe. Bob , and wasn't it Bob who Darcy talked to when getting arrest warrants, may not be RJ but he could be his coordinator and enforcer. Perhaps Tommy is bringing too much heat around RJ...

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 7:48 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

Wow, what a creepy ending!
I must admit, first time starting to watch this episode this morning I was a little dissappointed...After the great action-scene in the beginning I was a little bored then and I find the first half, well "nice, but not more. Sorry to say that. Well, right when the TV-scene was about to get started my computer collapsed and so it took until after work, 5:30 PM, to see the whole thing wich turned out really cool then!
I thought Jane would go with the glasses-thing because they made it so obvious, but I didn´t expect the guy to blub such stupidly - Funny thing!
Volker sitting next to Lisbon on the steps: ouch! I wonder how she kept herself calm in that moment.
The ending: just creepy!
And: yes, Peithon, I also realized RJ-theme in that scene and I thought the same! (well, not sure if I haven´t heard RJ-theme even before it began to play because that´s what we were supposed to think...
For the Jane story: I am not convinced he did not find a way into (out of) the high-security prison, just because they didn´t show us, doesn´t mean he didn´t, right?

justlook3 Date: Monday, 12-Nov-12, 9:59 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Still trying to decide why SCU was at the accident. I understand why CBI was there, Lisbon explained. But surely they have other units besides Serious Crimes. Interesting this season showing us things that the CBI doesn't know. We've gotten limo guy, the reporter getting smothered and Sloan making that phone call this year. These are common to other crime dramas, but not so much The Mentalist.
Simon's accent was slipping all over the place this episode. I wonder why that was exactly?
Completely understand now why Lisbon is upset. That man was openingly taunting her. And she blames herself for Amanda, this will be interesting.
Trying to decide if they mean to imply Volker is Red John. He certainly seemed to enjoy watching Amanda getting murdered. Although Volker also doesn't seem to like getting his hands dirty. I've always thought that Red John is more than one person too. Though it could be that Volker is another one of the Red John's friends, perhaps the one with the money and the power? And is limo guy Red John or just a mole (who probably was in the FBI before Homeland).
I'm glad Kirkland is not the new boss like I worried he would be. I'm sure he's involved in the next epi because Lorelai escapes.

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 0:01 AM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

Just watched it! Excellent episode!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it!
The opening and closing scenes the best.
Kirkland (who had put Alexa up to some kind of collaboration with Minelli) and Volker!... Volker, a real psychopath, enjoys killing, enjoys watching the pain he inflicted, has massacred a whole village for profit - is he Red John? A red herring? An RJ disciple? What is going on???
The plot thickens!!!!

Loved Jane on TV! Loved the scenery!

Message edited by lenacr - Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 0:12 AM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 3:34 AM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

I also thought the limo guy was also the Homeland guy, soft voice, are they throwing us more little red fishes. Next week will have Lorelei out of prison and Jane with her. homeland guy knows more than we think and here comes Bret stiles to muddy the waters, Simon must have had a ball directing these misfits.,

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 10:31 AM | Message # 11
Dinkie-Di

Well, Sylvia, the Homeland Kirkland must be the limo guy. Kevin Corrigan as Robert Kirkland is in the credits of both episodes, Red Dawn 05 and If it Bleeds, it Leads 07. And they look the same, considering the supposed elapsed time (e.g goatee in 07)

Raven Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 10:39 AM | Message # 12
Dinkie-Di

I tottaly loved this episode. Lisbons facial expressions and body language were awesome. Volker, the devil with money.. such a dangerous combination. Can't wait to see more of them. They played each other perfectly.

Quote (Mossibecca)
My take on the scene in the attic with Lisbon, Him saying that he wouldn't always be there....I think he is trying to prepare her for bad times to come

That's exactly what I was thought too. Creepy foreshadowing. My second thought was "Dear Jane, how dare you to say that. You already left her for 6 months not nearly 1 month ago. Do you planning to stay away longer next time?"

Quote (beautyfulbabyboy)
For the Jane story: I am not convinced he did not find a way into (out of) the high-security prison, just because they didn´t show us, doesn´t mean he didn´t, right?

At this time I got the impression Jane was angry with himself because he realised there is really no way of breaking into the prison the way he wanted it. When Lisbon told him the same (like "I told you!") he just lashed out and changed the subject. We know Jane has a big ego and he don't like it to be wrong and he likes it even less when others tell him he is wrong. That's just my opinion of that scene.

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 11:35 AM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

@sylvia5993 Thank you for explaining the accent thing......I only know the American accent through TV and can't always distinguish different pronunciations.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 2:39 PM | Message # 14
Dinkie-Di

When I watched the promo last week I expected a lighter episode, but this episode was also serious and dark especially the Tommy Volker's character and the scene when he watching Amanda's murder.
Jane is even more determinated to have Lorelei and he seems also worried about not have found yet a way to make escape her from prison and keep her away from FBI.
I also was surprised to see Jane confortable and smiling with the cameras, perhaps this could be an evolution of his character, but I liked very much the whole scene, very hilarious.
It was sad to see Lisbon powerless for Amanda's death and for not finding any reasons to arrest Volker.
The last scene with Kirkland meets Lisbon and then Jane was interesting and I'm very curious about the involvement he has with Tommy Volker and R.J. and I'm curious too to know how these new characters will interact with Jane and the team.
The plot is getting more interesting and I can't wait for next week.

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 13-Nov-12, 4:41 PM | Message # 15
Surfie

I rewatch the ending of Red Dawn right after I watched this episode to compare the Homeland Security Bob with the guy in limo and very sure this two is the same guy.

I'm not sure how to decode what Bob said to Lisbon. The first time I watched it, I thought he is threatening her and ask her to back off (thus implied Volker is Red John's friend?). But when I rewatched it, it almost sounded like he is telling her Red John will "take care" of Volker, so Lisbon doesn't need to worry about him (or risk her career in taking him down).

Hmmm...it is getting more and more interesting, can't wait for 5x08.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 07 If It Bleeds It Leads (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz