Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 8:04 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 09 Black Cherry (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
09 Black Cherry
Fran Date: Friday, 16-Nov-12, 9:13 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.09 Black Cherry

THE CBI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A REAL ESTATE AGENT WITH FORMER GANG TIES, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, NOV. 25

Monique Gabriela Curnen ("Lie to Me”) Guest Stars as Agent Tamsin Wade, A CBI Agent in the Gang Division

"Black Cherry” — The CBI team investigates the murder of a real estate agent with former gang ties, while Jane searches for leads on his new connection to Red John, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Nov. 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Jillian Bach (Sarah Harrigan)
Monique Gabriela Curnen (Agent Tamsin Wade)
Kyla Pratt (Juliana McVie)
Bryce Clyde Jenkins (Noah McVie)
Senta Moses (Tiffany Stark)
Robert Curtis Brown (Nathan Dilmer)
Larry Poindexter (Quinton Bosh)
Anthony Ruivivar (Victor Phipps)
Vicellous Shannon (Jeron "Shade" Slaughter)
Dan Gauthier (Chip McGavin)
Lorenzo Eduardo (Beefy Thug)
Brandon Claybon (Lemuel McVie)

WRITTEN BY: Erika Green
DIRECTED BY: Elodie Keene

Peithon Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 6:22 AM | Message # 2
Rip Snorter

Solid episode, can just see Bruno telling Erika, 'Now these are the names I want Simon to write in the book. Watch the fans go nuts, Partridge, Mashburn, Minnelli, Morning, Mars, Ardiles, Wagner, etc. He's watching us closely :-)

bee Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 3:30 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

This case of the week was a welcome relief from last week's dark episode. Back was the light banter between Jane and Lisbon that I had missed. Jane reading his little book and deliberating who he had shaken hands with and Lisbon asking him if she was in the book was amusing. His reply that she was his friend so was not on his list was sweet.

Jane seems to have an affinity with children and his persuasion for Lisbon to "do the right thing" and let the sister go reminded me of the "Blood for Blood" episode Series 3.14 when he again persuaded Lisbon not to send the little girl to juvenile detention after she had shot her abusive father. Note Lisbon now owes Sarah a favour!

Some funny moments....Jane tap dancing on that floor. Jane saying he wanted to be alone in the house to check out its aura! Lisbon and Jane hiding behind the counter waiting for the murderer to appear and then bobbing up and down each time a suspect appeared! Jane asking Lisbon if she wanted a drink and picking up the glass attached to the tray.....he's just like a kid!

Great lines:
"You can write my name down on that list". Exasperated Lisbon to Jane.
"You were talking in your sleep and drooling". Jane to Lisbon while waiting for the suspects to appear.

By the way I did notice that "Shade" was played by Viscellous Shannon who played Taliek Allen in the Guardian!

The final scene with Jane looking through his little book was a little tease from Bruno I believe. The list seems endless but I seem to remember the blind lady Rosalind Harker describing Roy but can't quite remember her description.....I shall have to go back and rewatch that episode....

Message edited by bee - Monday, 26-Nov-12, 3:48 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 4:39 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I liked this one, not a 'stand out and blow your socks off' episode, but solid, and useful.....good continuity...carrying on with the list business...OK how many of you DID pause at the shot of the list??I did!!

I was so glad that Lisbon did a bit of manipulating Sarah about letting the brother and sister go home...but I have to admit to a feeling of concern that she now owes Sarah...I hope that it doesn't come back to bite her.

Jane & Lisbon were much more 'together' this week I smiled how they separated sister and brother, each dealing with the one that they could relate to best...and all done without speaking....they were on the same wave length.

And Bee....Thank you so much....when I was watching 'Shade' being interviewed I wondered if it WAS Taliek...mainly I have to admit from his posture rather than his face....thank you for saving me from trawling back through the Guardian Video....on the other hand......maybe I DID ought to go and check....you know just to be sure cool

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 8:55 PM | Message # 5
True Blue

To be honest, I didn´t expect anything of this episode and, what can I say, after I finally got to watch it this
evening (internet was off this morning...) : I was flashed - I loved it!
-Jane scribbeling the names in his book of everyone he shook hands with - exactly
what I thought he was going to do after Lorelei told him...
- Jane saying:"...what WE have I consider as freindship, so, you, my friend are free
and clear" and Lisbon in return "That´s a relief!"

their relationship really made a huge devellopment, I think. Jane tells her, he trusts
her to make the right decision and she just lets the sister go - she wouldn´t have
done this in the first or second season. (There was one situation before, when she
decided to let the girl go who killed her father, who attacked her, don´t know which ep, though; and
she let Fifinix go with the pretendet suicide last season...)

Jane again so nice with kids! Simon might be very different from the Jane character in many points,
but still there are parallels, and I love it!

"It´s tough when you lose somebody, but you still carry him around with you...
in your mind and choices you make in life..."

I found Dilmer had sneaky eyes and I saw Jane having an explicit look on their handshake (a little late,
assumed it was their first one...)

Amanda´s baby-bump is well hidden, you can see clearly she gained some weight, though
but it suits her, I think!

"Competable auras"!??!! that was fun!
And the note on the car - brilliant!

So, Cho seems to have found a soulmate in this agent - am I wrong?!

solid, funny - I´m fine with this episode!

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Monday, 26-Nov-12, 9:08 PM

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 8:59 PM | Message # 6
Surfie

I burst out laughing when I realize Jane is keeping a notebook on all those he shake hands with!!! Isn't that what we, fan are doing since last episode! May be we need to send him a link too! LOL! Who is this biotech guard he was asking Lisbon about?
Anyone know it is from which episode?
Yupe, I pause on the the list in his note too and started laughing again! I totally agree with Peithon, Bruno is watching us closely!

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 9:07 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

Yep, I paused it, too! Now I am wondering if YOU saw something and I didn´t?! confused
I have this list, too, of course....and it is making me crazy!

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 10:51 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

PJaneloke, I believe the biotech guy refers to the episode where the female scientist died in a lab behind a glass wall while people watched. Actually, the episode where Lisbon punched Jane.

lenacr Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 11:23 PM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

Interesting episode!
"Compatible auras" I couldn't stop laughing!!!!
And at the end, all the names in that notebook .... I wonder which of these is RJ!!!
Mashburn, Partridge, Minelli, and no Brett Stiles!!!!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 27-Nov-12, 9:46 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

Another good episode. I didn't expect too much after last weeks extremely good episode, but it was great. I expected too that PJ would spend most of his time now thinking about everyone he ever shook hands with. Have to watch again today because at the first time I don't get too much of the story.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 27-Nov-12, 12:01 PM | Message # 11
Dinkie-Di

A very good episode, I liked the storyline and to see Jane and Lisbon working together.
Jane is convinced that Lorelei has not lied to him and continues to make a list to all those who he had shaken hands, and it was funny when Lisbon asked if she was on his list.
I found Jane very sweet when he talked to Noah and tried to comfort him first with a cup of hot chocolate and then letting talk about the brother's car.
I enjoyed very much Jane's lighter moments at the appointment at the model home when he did tap-dancing on the floor and checks if his aura is compatible with the house.
I also loved his funny expression when looking Lisbon enter from the gate, while he just jumped from the fence.
I liked the way Jane said to Lisbon “I trust you'll make the right choice” to convince her to didn't arrest Juliana and then when Lisbon did the same with Sarah.
I liked the ending with Noah who embraces Lisbon and Jane thoughtful while reading his list.

Tish Date: Tuesday, 27-Nov-12, 11:13 PM | Message # 12
Blow-In

Finally watched the episode.
Back to classic Jane and Lisbon this episode. Banter; Jane talking to kids; hiding to catch the killer; tap dancing; convincing Lisbon to let Juliana off so she can look after Noah. Wonderful episode.

Not sure if anybody else picked up on this and I may be way off the mark here but thought the lady leading the new team was sniffing too much / obviously as if she'd been using .... I could be wrong though and making too much of nothing.

Raven Date: Wednesday, 28-Nov-12, 1:32 AM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

Quote (Tish)
Not sure if anybody else picked up on this and I may be way off the mark here but thought the lady leading the new team was sniffing too much / obviously as if she'd been using .... I could be wrong though and making too much of nothing.

Thank god I'm not alone. That was my first thought too when she started sniffing.

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 28-Nov-12, 11:29 AM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Well spotted ladies....you are right, she was sniffing a bit obviously (though I only noticed when you pointed it out facepalm )......you realise that one day....in the future, all of this searching for clues will be worth it.....we will be able to join CBI!!

Peithon Date: Thursday, 29-Nov-12, 2:58 AM | Message # 15
Rip Snorter

Wanted to add 're Jane's book - he's been keeping one since season 2, so that may not be just a list of handshake people.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 09 Black Cherry (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz