Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 10:12 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 10 Panama Red (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
10 Panama Red
Fran Date: Tuesday, 20-Nov-12, 0:30 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.10 Panama Red

THE DEATH OF A YOUNG BOTANIST LEADS THE TEAM INTO THE LUCRATIVE WORLD OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, DEC. 9

"Panama Red” — The death of a young botanist leads the team into the lucrative world of medical marijuana, while Cho’s work with the rapid response team brings him back into contact with Summer, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 9 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Samaire Armstrong returns as Summer, Cho’s former CI and girlfriend. Monique Gabriela Curnen ("Lie to Me”) returns as Agent Tamsin Wade, a CBI agent in the Gang Division.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Monique Gabriela Curnen (Agent Tamsin Wade)
Samaire Armstrong (Summer)
David Noroña (DDA Ardiles)
Troy Ruptash (Matthew Gold)
Nicole Bilderback (Francesca Ehrlich)
Susan Gibney (Alice Burns)
Paul David Story (Carson)
Michael Whaley (Elwood Pierce)
Jack Laufer (Stuart Davis)
James Jordan (Chuck Calloway)
Ross Mackenzie (Marshall)
Porter Kelly (Chuck's Sister)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Weiss
DIRECTED BY: Guy Ferland

bee Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 1:00 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Good case of the week but seeing Jane sitting cross-legged on his makeshift bed in the attic still obsessing over RJ and telling Lisbon he was "busy" was quite sad. However Lisbon going into "boss" mode and telling him to meet her at the crime scene, shows she is still in charge! Jane, on the other hand, is still keeping Lisbon "out of the loop" with his plans with making up the "Olivier Gans" story. Not sure why he does this because Lisbon always seems to go along with his stunts anyway! The scene with Rigsby smoking pot was hilarious.

Not sure about Tamsin Wade, she's a very hard character. Why does she insist on calling the guys "Ladies"???? Rigsby seems a little jealous of Cho's involvement with the Rapid Response Team. Not sure if it's because Cho's taken off of their assignments or it's simply that she didn't pick him for her team? Nice to see Summer again. Cho was sweet trying to keep her out of trouble and make things right with the DA's office.

The end scene with Lisbon and the hammer was classic and Jane's face was a picture. I wonder what else Lisbon has in her drawer?? Jane beware!!

Great lines:

Jane: "It's my puzzle, all mine". Jane being childish!
Matthew to Jane: "If you have a condition we can help you with?". Lisbon nods vigorously!!!!
Jane: "Hands in the air or down on the ground, I'm a little confused". Jane sinking to the floor.
Rigsby to Lisbon: "Is it alright if I sit down?"
Lisbon to Rigsby: "You are sitting down Rigsby".
Jane to Lisbon: "You keep a hammer in your drawer?"
Lisbon to Jane: "You only think you know everything about me". Best line of the episode!

Good all round episode.

Message edited by bee - Monday, 10-Dec-12, 4:55 PM

Peithon Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 1:15 PM | Message # 3
Rip Snorter

I thought this was an ok episode, should have been better for a winter finale, but it had some good humorous moments.

Green Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 4:04 PM | Message # 4
Surfie

This is the first time I remember laughing out loud more than once during an episode. Loved Rigsby on pot, and the hammer cracked me up. I'm glad they show these light-hearted eps from time to time. I would hate for it to always be sad and serious - it's better for the contrast.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 5:58 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed this one, not a 'great' one in my humble opinion, but entertaining, and yes it made me laugh out loud on occasion too.

I also felt sad about Jane sitting up there alone in his attic room obsessing over his book...almost like Scrooge with his treasure!! Lisbon was a bit cranky this episode, I guess that Jane has been a bit of a trial to her recently.

Rigsby was funny....pointing his fingers at the two in the hotel room instead of his gun.

And the Hammer.....I could see something like that happening, but it made me laugh

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 6:11 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

I'm glad also that we had a good laugh this ep. The RJ heavy epis are quite consuming and we needed a respite. It's going to be a long wait for the next one, but I'm sure we wont be disappointed. Simon and the cast do need a rest, and Amanda is probably going on leave. Have a good one.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 10-Dec-12, 10:23 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

I really enjoyed this episode. Maybe not an outstanding one (we cannot expect every episode to be; season 5 is a flood of outstanding episodes so far!) , but good enough all in all - funny, entertaining, good case of the week - I´m fine with this one!

I loved Jane´s "It´s my puzzle box, all mine!"

I wasn´t really expecting to like Summer´s reappearence, but it was okay to me. Nice goodbye.
Poor Cho, losing his chance at the rapid response team that way... ("it will never happen again" - "that´s for sure !")

The trick making both sellers prove they have the right stuff to reveal the killer was just great!
Very well played by Owain!
"Hands in the air!", Rigsby pointing his finger-gun: too funny!

Funny ending as well - Jane´s mimics when Jisbon just splatted the box with her hammer to get her keys!!!

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 11-Dec-12, 0:02 AM | Message # 8
Dinkie-Di

Good episode, though I need to watch it again!
Highlights: Rigsby being stoned and all that followed during his undercover stint.
Lisbon breaking the puzzle with the hammer, instead of solving it.
Summer getting married with a sort of boring but nice guy, being pregnant and hopefully settling down into a 'normal' life

Tina Date: Tuesday, 11-Dec-12, 9:48 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

Hm, not a favorite of me. It was okay, all episodes are good for me as long as I can see PJ. But I'm waiting for a real drama RJ episode.
One of the funniest scenes for me was the one with Rigsby. Owain is a really funny person and he did that scene really great.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 11-Dec-12, 1:53 PM | Message # 10
Dinkie-Di

It was a good episode with hilarius moments.
I also I like lighter episodes like this that give a little break from the darkest episodes.
Jane spends his time to make the list and he seems more and more motivated or like said Lisbon (obsessed) to find any clues of Red John.
I liked Jane facial expressions when he wanted to resolve on his own the puzzle, when he talked with Carson at the Organic Farms and at the JG Allen labs when he was confused about to keep hands in the air or on the ground.
Very funny the scenes with Rigsby at the hotel.
It was nice to see Summer return and Cho who compromising his work at the Rapid Response Team for helping her.
Hilarius the end with Lisbon and the hammer in the drawer, I loved the way Jane looked at her surprised.

AgentM Date: Sunday, 30-Dec-12, 10:49 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

What are our thoughts about the agent in charge of the Rapid Response Team? I don't know why but I get the feeling we'll be seeing her again, despite the insinuation that Cho has been benched from the squad. I though her statement about Lisbon being a 'cute boss' was a bit odd. Could be she's going to be a potetnial love interest for Cho or even someone who has designs on Lisbon!!! Just not convinced we've seen the last of her.

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 30-Dec-12, 11:08 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

Could be she's going to be a potetnial love interest for Cho or even someone who has designs on Lisbon!!

I'd thought when they announced her casting that she was to be a love interest for Cho. But the way they've written her does not suggest that in the slightest. She most likely is a lesbian or she's overdoing the "one of the guys" thing as her way of coping in a "man's world". Either way, I don't believe she's going to be Cho's new love interest. But we may indeed see her again, I wasn't sure how long her arc was going to be.

AgentM Date: Friday, 04-Jan-13, 10:34 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

(justlook3)
She most likely is a lesbian or she's overdoing the "one of the guys" thing as her way of coping in a "man's world".

I agree with you on this point - that was the impression I got, especially when she referred to Lisbon as 'cute'. Wonder how they're going to play that one out and how Lisbon would react - part of me thinks she'd be really uncomfortable with it but there's also a part of me that thinks she'd feel flattered, but would make her own orientation perfectly clear! Could be amusing to watch.

angel Date: Tuesday, 26-Feb-13, 6:02 PM | Message # 14
Cobber

Wow what a return. Loved this episode. Loved in victims room when Jane was facinated by puzzle box. When Lisbon told Cho to open it the way Jane clutched it close and said ' no its my puzzle' like a little boy, so cute. Then when Jane said Lisbon not his boss, then Lisbon said 'yes i am his boss', there seemed to be a lot of sibling bantering going on. So adorable.

Have to say i liked summer is back to end it properly in a happy way. She looked gorgeous and so adorable. Have to admit the lady special tactic leader is such a bitch. I really do not like her and i so hope that cho is done with her. Nice to see Cho smiling at the end with summer who was genuinely happy. Loved Grace doing her bit interviewing the murderer and when she told him he murdered Jeremy for nothing. Such a sad moment. Also the lady who was ill with cancer, Susan Gibney, i love her as an actress for many years. Such a sad scene in Lisbon office when Jane figured out she was ill. So many amazing moments.

But this episode was Rigsby episode. Good for him having a go at special unit leader. Thinking she could just come in when she wants. But when he played the drug dealer, omg that was classic. When he was totaly stoned and said i.m not interested in the provolone, i burst out laughing. Then when he aimed his finger instead of his gun priceless. But then when he couldn't get up and had to sit back down again. Fantastic turn by Owain biggrin

Lovely little episode which i loved. But the scene in the end with Lisbons keys in the box and she takes out the hammer she was stamping her authority. They were like kids in this episode, so wonderful. tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 10 Panama Red (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz