Friday, 29-Mar-24, 7:26 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 11 Days of Wine and Roses (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
11 Days of Wine and Roses
Lena Date: Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 12:25 PM | Message # 16
Dinkie-Di

(Wand6122360)
I really liked the way Jane let Lisbon have her own space until she asked for help. And I like to think that he was hovering around her a bit more than usual (e.g. Chess in her office) to keep an eye on her and make sure he was there to offer help when it was needed.

I agree with you Wand6122360. I also liked the way Jane let Lisbon her space congratulating her for the good investigation works and let her ask for his help at the right time, but at the same time he was worried about her because he knows the consequences of an obsession and seems he wants protect her.

Message edited by Lena - Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 12:27 PM

sorchauna Date: Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 2:38 PM | Message # 17
Jillaroo

The guy who was playing chess at the start put up a short youtube video of his time on set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukEgcW9zxGs

Peithon Date: Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 5:56 PM | Message # 18
Rip Snorter

Great episode, had everything, sinister danger, great comedy and the many faces of Patrick Jane, clown, investigator, concerned friend who gives Lisbon her space but is there for her when she needs him as he promised in Carnelian Inc...now time for Volker vs. Jane...

lenacr Date: Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 6:38 PM | Message # 19
Dinkie-Di

Thanks Sorchauna for the video with the 'homeless chess-player' actor. I couldn't agree with him more: 'is this a job or a dream, a dream job'. Yes!...

Message edited by lenacr - Wednesday, 09-Jan-13, 6:39 PM

sorchauna Date: Thursday, 10-Jan-13, 0:56 AM | Message # 20
Jillaroo

I agree lenacr! Also for such a minor background role, the show really treats their extras well so I can only imagine how the regular cast and crew are treated so its nice to know that its a lovely set to work on.

Evy Date: Thursday, 10-Jan-13, 11:52 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Sorchauna for the video ! How did you find it ? Very nice ! smile

sorchauna Date: Thursday, 10-Jan-13, 1:39 PM | Message # 22
Jillaroo

I had seen it on twitter as the actor had put it up on his twitter account. I wish we had more BTS of anything of that show. But it does seem that the only extras who do look to be fans of the show anyway, that gove us the insight.

angel Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 6:26 PM | Message # 23
Cobber

Well this was a great episode which had a good mix of light and dark. great opening with Lisbon, some great acting from robin. you can see the urgency in her. Then to Jane. Loved the chess game and Janes utter glee at winning.

All the cast got a look in with great moments. grace and her usual digging up the dirt, loved the stragetic trolley hiding the bump. Rigsby and his interrogation he was really quite good as if he is truly growing as a agent. Now did i love Cho this episode from him standing over the rehab patients in suit and big sunglasses scaring the crap out of them to his clever little sting with Jane being a kleptomaniac. That was so funny. Then Lisbon taking over saying that she knew about this and tried to get him to get help. When the psychiatrist was analysing Jane i really thought Jane was going to go into full acting mode a burst in to tears. So funny.

But to me the best scene was Jane in the rehab circle trying to find the lover of the victim. When he stared at the gigolo trying to get him to admit it was him and then you hear the other guy shouting and jane jumps up ' and there is the real boyfriend' and gets out of the way when he jumps the gigolo. I burst out laughing. fabulous scene.

I was very surprised that Volker was in only 2 scenes but kudos to Cusick he was so menacing in a charming way it felt frightening. The end scene with the 3 victims was terrifying and finally Lisbon asking for Janes help sets up the final confrontation.

I also liked the way Jane complimented Lisbon a few times on her police work. Also liked when he said she has a look of content which he said he would like if it was cos she was in love as she deserves to be happy. What a guy. All in all another great epis.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 11 Days of Wine and Roses (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz