Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 9:08 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 11 Days of Wine and Roses (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
11 Days of Wine and Roses
Fran Date: Wednesday, 12-Dec-12, 0:56 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.11 Days of Wine and Roses

THE CBI TEAM VISITS A HIGH-END CALIFORNIA REHAB CENTER IN ORDER TO INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A YOUNG MODEL WHO WAS A PATIENT THERE, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, JAN. 6

Henry Ian Cusick Returns as Multi-Millionaire Tommy Volker
Mary Lynn Rajskub Guest Stars As a Fellow Rehab Patient

"Days of Wine and Roses” — The CBI team visits a high-end California rehab center in order to investigate the death of a young model who was a patient there, while Lisbon ramps up her investigation into Tommy Volker, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Jan. 6 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Amy Aquino (Judge Patricia Davis)
John Rubinstein (Judge Manchester)
Mary Lynn Rajskub (Susie Hamblin)
Sam Hennings (Jeffrey Coates)
Dennis Boutsikaris (Dr. Michael Rubin)
Jean Paul San Pedro (Armando Granuccio)
Hal Ozsan (Harry Clarkson)
Henry Ian Cusick (Tommy Volker)
Amy Pietz (Joanna Lyle)
Kathe Mazur (Lisa Coates)
Sonya Leslie (Counsellor)
Penny Moore (Donna Thorland)
Jocelyn Osorio (Estella)
Sal Viscuso (Walter)
Maxwell Glick (Opponent)
Ken Luckey (Phoenix Bell)
Judi Evans (Senator Eileen Dawkins)
Roderick McCarthy (SAC PD Officer)
Michelle LaRue (Charlotte Coates)
Rhea Bailey (Amanda Shaw)

WRITTEN BY: Rebecca Cutter
DIRECTED BY: Eric Laneuville

sexybaker1 Date: Thursday, 20-Dec-12, 8:20 PM | Message # 2
Blow-In

Was it already broadcasted? happy

kul65 Date: Friday, 21-Dec-12, 2:35 AM | Message # 3
Cobber

How so? surprised

Fran Date: Friday, 21-Dec-12, 2:44 AM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

Quote (sexybaker1)
Was it already broadcasted?

No, not until 6th January.

sexybaker1 Date: Friday, 21-Dec-12, 12:40 PM | Message # 5
Blow-In

Quote (Fran)
No, not until 6th January.

Noooo... I can't wait :/

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 07-Jan-13, 12:37 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

I liked this one, Jane was on form, he was very funny, and playful, a Jane we haven't seen for a long time.

Good to see him worried about Lisbon....he is very aware of what his own revenge trail is doing to him, and doesn't want it to do the same to his friend.

Volker is soooooo creepy, well played. I'm so looking forward to seeing how all of this pans out!!

bee Date: Monday, 07-Jan-13, 1:57 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Another great episode. The case of the week was good, seeing Jane's indifference to psychiatrists and therapists was telling. No change there! I love how Jane's mind works although don't always understand it! His con into catching and flushing out the killer was "inventive". The scene where he was found "stealing" the jewellery and his "confession" and near breakdown was both sad and hilarious. You know a trick is about to happen, he was so convincing in his "tale of woe" that I actually began to believe his story at the beginning (silly me!) and still wasn't sure if he was faking it. He is a master con man after all. Lisbon's face when he was confessing was a picture and I feel she is becoming just as good as Jane in playing a part in his stunts. I can see why he was so successful as a fake psychic!

The scenes with Volker. Lisbon's relentless pursuit of him is becoming as much an obsession with her as Jane's obsession with RJ. I admire the way she is not intimidated by him. It is great to see her strong character coming out. Jane, however, realises this obsession and tries to warn her by saying it is not a "good road to go down". He should know! Henry Ian Cusick is amazing in this part. He is pure evil and their scenes together are very tense. I find him menacing the way he gets into Lisbon's personal space all the time. I am beginning to fear for Lisbon's safety and am relieved she has finally asked for Jane's help on the case although I hope that doesn't put him in danger as well! Volker has apparently found another henchman to do his dirty work having Charles Milk killed. I am surprised Bob Kirkland never made an appearance in this episode knowing how Lisbon had been pursuing Volker.

Great lines:

"Here comes the real boyfriend". Jane having riled up the two men in the therapy session.
"You've had a bad experience with therapists". Dr Rubin to Jane.
"I want you to be careful". Jane to Lisbon.
"I need your help". Lisbon to Jane. (Reminiscent of when she asked for his help on their first case together).

Altogether a great episode and I can't wait for the final episode in the Volker arc. It will be interesting to see how Volker is finally brought down!

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 11:04 AM

bunnyt Date: Monday, 07-Jan-13, 9:31 PM | Message # 8
Jillaroo

I agree, I think this is one of the best episodes in this season:funny and creepy at the same time with Lisbon and Jane great performers!
I loved when at the end Lisbon told Jane "I need you help"...now they can not do without each other!..and also Jane was very worried about Lisbon...so cute!!!

lenacr Date: Monday, 07-Jan-13, 11:14 PM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

Well, I thought it was a good episode with a good procedural. Interesting situations around Volker. I can't say it's one of my favourites though. Maybe when I watch it again, I'll discover more of its merits....

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 3:33 AM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

How funny to see Jane pretending to have kliptomanic tendencies and Lisbon playing along. Cho being told to lighten up, he's scaring the guests. And then some serious chops to keep us in the Volker arc. Lisbon is now quite on that road that Jane warned her about with the latest killings . Next week should be a real gripper even with the cute name of "Red Corvette".

Evy Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 9:39 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Message to BEE : please BEE ! said "ATTENTION SPOILER" at the beginning of your text ! no Think of those who have not seen the episode we know who is the the killer so the end of the episode ! killed Thank you up

bee Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 10:55 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Sorry Sweetevy...and everyone.... sad I have duly noted and amended.

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 11:05 AM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 11:50 AM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

These episode threads are so that people who have watched the episode can chat about it freely, without worrying about whether or not they are spoiling it for people who haven't seen the episode. So I think its generally understood that spoiler alerts are not necessary once the episode has aired in the US. I'll include a warning on the description for the threads, to make the situation clear.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 2:01 PM | Message # 14
Dinkie-Di

A good episode, all the scenes with Jane were very hilarious from the start when he playing chess at the park, at the rehab when he was looking for Charlie's boyfriend causing a fight and when he pretended to have kleptomania.
Lisbon was very determinated to find any proofs to arrest Volker and all the scenes with him there were a lot of tension between them.
I'm glad that Lisbon at the finale asked to Jane to help her. Jane was worried about her and maybe this could be a starting point for the continuing of the series, after Jane will have caught Red John, maybe he will keep working with the team.

The storyline is getting more interesting and I really can't wait to see the next episode.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 5:02 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

Not one of my very favourites, but I enjoyed this episode. I really liked the way Jane let Lisbon have her own space until she asked for help. And I like to think that he was hovering around her a bit more than usual (e.g. Chess in her office) to keep an eye on her and make sure he was there to offer help when it was needed.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 11 Days of Wine and Roses (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz