Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 4:07 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 13 The Red Barn (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 The Red Barn
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 7:57 PM | Message # 16
True Blue

A good one again! Great season as a whole so far!

I was wondering if Jane´s reaction about Haffners phone-call was because he is in one upper position on his list?

Quote (PJaneloke)
The question that really bother me is why would visualize want Lisbon out of CBI? Or is that just Haffner's excuse to keep tap on the case?

I think it seems pretty clear now , that RJ is connected to Visualize; and I think if Lisbon leaves CBI Jane wouldn´t have much time left to spend at CBI and investigate RJ. So Jane will be on his own then wich would sure be even more fun for RJ.

I wouldn´t be surprised if Van Pelt´s coming absence will have something to to with Visualize.

I couldn´t guess the killer and found it amazing and spooky to have different killers, different murders here!

Of course I also loved the "Are we partners or what?"-"Come in here, partner!"-scene a lot!

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 8:34 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Excellent episode. Perfectly done, and with a Jane who seems to be becoming more human. Great idea beautifulbabyboy about Van Pelt and Visualize. They certainly are creating interesting tendrils on the show.

justlook3 Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 8:51 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

A friend of mine has a theory that Red John was that mysterious co-founder of Visualize or at least an early member. And obviously there is a connection. Since I really don't think Bret Stiles is Red John, it makes me wonder if Stiles isn't hunting RJ himself. If he's a rogue member it would make sense. I would have thought Hafner's job offer was an attempt to gain access but he did ask Lisbon to go to lunch before they got the call about the bodies. Myself I think the offer was legit. I also don't think he's Red John. Just too, I don't know, not smart enough. But of course like I've said before we will all slap our foreheads when Red John is revealed and wonder how we missed it. LOL.
Had a bit of a giggle about Kyle Secor as a priest. But goodness his scenes were good. He looked legitimately concerned about Grace defending Visualize and he did seem creeped out by the barn, a place of evil and that's when he left and never returned.
Jane got a bit spooky in the attic scene with his narrowing down. Interesting how they cut that scene with Jane about to speak.
Also I have to say I loved the direction and cinematography in this episode. That scene of Jane doing his "Aw nature" bit and that sinister face looming behind him was amazing. Then that slow turn around. Has that director done any other episodes? Her name is Allison Anders and she's apparently directed a great deal of Southland episodes.

Tina Date: Thursday, 31-Jan-13, 10:08 AM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I really love this episode, watched it 3 times already. I always LOVE RJ episodes. I love the mystery. So many good scenes, but I was so upset at the end, when they just stopped at the best moment! I wonder if next one (in how many weeks??? 3? Oh dear! A long wait.) is a case without any mentioning of RJ ...

Lena Date: Thursday, 31-Jan-13, 10:33 AM | Message # 20
Dinkie-Di

A fantastic episode.
Funny the first scenes with Jane who closed the door with padlocks and the surprise party for Lisbon on her tenth anniversary at CBI.
The scene at the Red Barn when Jane discovered the Red John smiley was really thrilling. Jane expression is changed in an instant, just before enjoying the beautiful scenery and when he saw the Red John smiley was shocked. Simon is really a great actor.
I was surpised that Ray Haffner offered to Lisbon to work with him and I was surprised too that him is a member of Visualize. I think that if he worked to the Red Barn may have knew Red John or it could be himself, I have not a precise theory of this.
The scene with Jane and dog was really cute and the trick to find the killer was very clever and in perfect Jane-style.
Loved the finale scenes: Jane who called Lisbon "partner" and the discovery that Jane has narrowed his list and he feels to be very close to discovering the identity of Red John.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 04-Feb-13, 8:46 PM | Message # 21
True Blue

Quote (Lena)
I was surpised that Ray Haffner offered to Lisbon to work with him and I was surprised too that him is a member of Visualize. I think that if he worked to the Red Barn may have knew Red John or it could be himself, I have not a precise theory of this.

Just rewatched this episode and thought exactly the same thing plus: Jane and Hafner definetly shook hands!
But, as I know Bruno, he wouldn´t give us such easy to reveal clues...

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 7:48 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Quote (beautyfulbabyboy)
as I know Bruno, he wouldn´t give us such easy to reveal clues...

So I posted the comments below (in the 'Who is Red John?' thread) at the beginning of January...imagine my little leaping heart when I watched this episode and THE HAFF returned!!!! lol

Okay, so I'm going to throw another name into the mix for the suspect pile --

What do we think about ... Ray Haffner? ( the agent who took charge of the unit when Lisbon was suspended after Jane killed Timothy Carter.

Reasons:

He fits the description from Rosalind Harker ( not sure of actual height but he's not that much taller than Jane)
He was known for his surveillance skills. PJ says 'Haffner's all about surveillance'
He also worked with the FBI with regards to Organised Crime (lots of contacts and resources)
Jane has shaken his hand
He is manipulative.
He displayed a poor attitude towards women when he snapped at and dismissed Van Pelt's findings.
He warns Jane 'if you wanna run a game on me or my people, we got a problem'
He also asks Jane 'do you think...I wasn't watching you every minute?'
You only have to change one letter in his first name to get to ROY

May be some of Bruno's embedded clues that we'll all go back and find once RJ has been revealed!! Just wondered if he's crossed anyone else's mind?

I'm not convinced but I'm keeping an open mind!

I'm still not convinced but there are at least a few clues about him. Anyone find any more?

BTW loved the episode! "Come here, partner" - (swoon!!!) lol. Still haven't stopped the long Noooooooooooooo! scream caused by the end scene and the cut to final credits!!!! Dang it, Bruno, I nearly fell off my couch!!!

Message edited by AgentM - Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 7:50 PM

angel Date: Thursday, 21-Mar-13, 2:22 PM | Message # 23
Cobber

wow what an episode. What a opening. What was so creepy was i loved watching jane walk out into the sunshine then the total change around when he turned and saw smiley up there. What a scene. But the murders were gruesome in this episode. I loved also the party for lisbon. oh poor girl. Who was that male stripper and was he really one as he looked pretty much not used to it. Lisbon was so funny trying to get away from him. Oh rigsby what did you do. But i loved his hangover after and his worry of what he did. When cho told him he got up on table and sang bohemian rhapsody and basically sucked at it. Wish they actualy filmed that scene. But this is a brilliant episode dark and light again a happy medium. Grace was great when she was having a conversation about visualize and saying it had its good points. This power thing i hope she comes back better then ever. But i was shocked that ray was part of visualize and you do wonder. there is something going on that he is not saying and trying to recruit lisbon was a bit coinsidental when jane is close to red john don't you think. But the reveal at the end of the murderer was a gruesome but well played scene and emotional. But the best of all was jane going all playfull with the dog. Oh it was so incredibly cute when he was talking baby talk and tickling his tummy. Oh god the lucky dog. Another brilliant episode. So glad for s6 at least as i think there is new turns and great things to come. Hope it does a ncis and goes massive for s6 like it did

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 13 The Red Barn (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz