Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 1:32 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 13 The Red Barn (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 The Red Barn
Fran Date: Tuesday, 15-Jan-13, 1:52 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.13 THE RED BARN

THE TEAM INVESTIGATES A 25-YEAR-OLD CASE THAT SEEMS TO INVOLVE BOTH RED JOHN AND THE VISUALIZE GROUP, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, JAN. 27

Kyle Secor Guest Stars as Father Peter DiBuono, A Former Member of Visualize; Reed Diamond Returns as CBI Agent Ray Haffner.

"The Red Barn” — The team investigates a 25-year-old case that seems to involve both Red John and the Visualize group, and Lisbon contemplates her future, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Jan. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Kyle Secor guest stars as Father Peter DiBuono, a former member of Visualize. Reed Diamond returns as CBI Agent Ray Haffner.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)

GUEST STARS:
Robert Picardo (Jason Cooper)
Jenica Bergere (Holly Preston)
Chelsea Alden (Young Holly)
M.J. Karmi (Ellen Preston)
Reed Diamond (Agent Ray Haffner)
Jacob Vargas (Chief Rick Anaya)
Kyle Secor (Father Peter DiBuono)
Chris Mulkey (Tom Crayhew)
JD Cullum (Gordon Bradovich)
Roxana Brusso (Elena)
George Gerdes (Miles MacCambridge)
Nate Scholz (Dancer)
John Troy Donovan (CBI Ron)
Gregory Marcel (Lester Bradovich)

WRITTEN BY: Tom Szentgyorgyi
DIRECTED BY: Allison Anders

lenacr Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 3:37 PM | Message # 2
Dinkie-Di

"The Mentalist is preempted Sunday for the AFC Championship game" from The Mentalist facebook. I expect they are talking about this week, since this was posted 14 hours ago!!!
No further comment angry except that I hope I am wrong!

Message edited by lenacr - Friday, 18-Jan-13, 3:39 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 4:53 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

This Sunday is definitely a preemption. CBS even has the nerve to be broadcasting a special episode of Hawaii 50 at 10. Not to be nasty, but I hope it bombs.

justlook3 Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 7:09 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

The only thing preemptied this Sunday (Jan 20) would have been a re-run anyway. The Red Barn is scheduled for Jan 27 when there is no football at all.
I know that people are upset about the football, but the ads for football pay the bills at CBS including the salaries for the cast of The Mentalist, so it's a necessary evil.

lenacr Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 7:43 PM | Message # 5
Dinkie-Di

Thanks for the information, Justlook3. You seem to be so cool about this football thing - which I am afraid I cannot accept, necessary or not!...

justlook3 Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 8:02 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Well, I understand the business of it. I'm not quite sure I agree with CBS putting 4 shows on in the fall after football, if they did like Fox does & schedule a "postgame show" then they'd rarely overrun into actual programming. But nothing I can do about that. Complaining does nothing. It is what it is and nothing ever will change their minds.
As they say "it is was what it is." Besides I enjoy a bit of football. It's not as much my sport as baseball but it's okay.

lenacr Date: Friday, 18-Jan-13, 9:00 PM | Message # 7
Dinkie-Di

Baseball, football... Sorry! Not for me! On second thought, thinking of European football - ManUnited, yes, maybe!...
As for TM, a move back to Thursdays would mean the end to many of its problems!!!!

Message edited by lenacr - Friday, 18-Jan-13, 9:08 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 19-Jan-13, 6:39 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

We have to remember that they shoot only 22 to 24 epis. so postponing one now and then just allows us to salivate a bit longer to the next one, but we will get to see all of them and probably next year also. In the meantime, get those VCRs humming.

lenacr Date: Sunday, 20-Jan-13, 11:03 AM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

Thanks Sylvia! The voice of reason! Very well said!!

Hayseed Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 6:29 AM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Oh my word, that was a juicy one. Are we allowed to discuss now or do we have to wait until it has aired everywhere?

bee Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 2:02 PM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Yet another great episode involving Red John! The first scene with Lisbon waiting while Jane was unlocking his door was hilarious! I kept wondering throughout the episode what could he be hiding! Lisbon's 10 year anniversary with the stripper was fun, trust Rigsby to set that up. Lisbon, however, looked a little embarrassed and I noted that Jane told her he had nothing to do with it. Cho and Jane at the Red Barn was chilling, Jane sensing something and exiting from the barn only to see the Smiley face was scary.

I felt Jane was a little concerned when Lisbon got the phone call from Haffner asking to meet her, by the way he was trying to listen in on her conversation. His offer of a job for her with his own firm and telling her that Jane wouldn't always be around, knowing how close they were, was a little underhand I thought. Lisbon wasn't convinced though and wasn't even tempted by the money offer, especially later realising he was starting his new venture with part Visualize money. Personally I don't think Lisbon would leave Jane until RJ is killed/captured, if ever. She is too involved with the case and would feel that she was letting Jane down by leaving. She also knows that she is the only one that can put up with Jane and his stunts, even Haffner agreed that he couldn't control Jane. I never liked Haffner, he always seems up to no good and now we know he's connected to Visualize makes me even more suspicious. Grace surprised me though, she seemed to defend Visualize to some extent when interrogating that witness.

Loved the scene with Jane and the dog at the vet's house. (I have the same dog and he is just as soppy!). The scene at the diner where all the suspects were sitting around the table and the trick with the lemon juice was simple and clever. Jane's such a child sometimes! Didn't guess it was Holly Preston who killed that man but did notice that the Smiley symbol was already on the barn. When she told Jane that she felt someone was watching her in the basement I thought it was reminiscent of Season 1 finale Red John's Footsteps when RJ had been watching them in the basement of that particular barn.

When we finally found out what was behind Jane's attic door I was a little surprised. How long had Jane been compiling all that evidence?? Lisbon seemed impressed especially when he reeled off a string of numbers relating to the people he had met and then discarded. His mind is like a machine where RJ is concerned!

Great Lines:

Lisbon to Jane: "Every year with you counts as two".
Lisbon to Haffner: "It's not about the money".
Haffner to Lisbon: "Is it the work, or is it Jane?".
Lisbon to Jane: "Are we partners or what?"
Jane to Lisbon: "Come here partner". (Loved the way he whispered it to her and in my view the best line of the entire episode!)

Well are we any nearer to finding out RJ's identity, Jane seems to think so, I'm not so sure.....but I'd love to know who is at the top of his list!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 28-Jan-13, 3:33 PM

Fran Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 2:17 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Hayseed)
Are we allowed to discuss now or do we have to wait until it has aired everywhere?

It's fine to speak freely about it now, in this thread only smile

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 2:41 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

I also enjoyed the episode, very powerful.

Interesting that Haffner was trying to play on Lisbon's emotions about the future ( Jane won't be there, she will be left with Rigsby at the crime scenes etc) I'm glad that she didn't bite.....she is starting to think now!!

And Grace....she had that weird serene look on her face that visualize member have.....maybe she went further into it after the episode with Brett Stiles

I couldn't believe that Rigsby organised the stripper....I mean he HAS met Lisbon before hadn't he?? Robin Tunney was brilliant in this scene...I know that I would have reacted the same way

I also liked Jane calling Lisbon partner at the end, I think he really does consider her his partner now.

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 3:23 PM | Message # 14
Surfie

The question that really bother me is why would visualize want Lisbon out of CBI? Or is that just Haffner's excuse to keep tap on the case?

Seeing how Grace defended Visualize make me think she already buying deeper into the Visualize's teaching than what she let on.

Haffner's facial expression chilled me to bone when Lisbon asked him if he was ever at the farm. Noted he didn't admit nor denial.

Love this episode and can't wait to see where all this is leading to.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 28-Jan-13, 6:05 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

Is Ray Haffner Roy Taliaferro? Jane has it down to a few hundreds, who is most likely. Since heller has promised that we have seen RJ then we can eliminate a few from that list, I also wish we could blackmail Jane into giving it to us like he did with Laroche. Ha Ha!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 13 The Red Barn (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz