Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 12:25 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 15 Red Lacquer Nail Polish (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
15 Red Lacquer Nail Polish
Fran Date: Wednesday, 13-Feb-13, 0:46 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.15 Red Lacquer Nail Polish

JANE AND THE TEAM INVESTIGATE THE MURDER OF AN ELDERLY HEIRESS FOUND IN THE LIVING ROOM OF HER SPOOKY MANSION, ON "THE MENTALIST,” AT A SPECIAL TIME, SUNDAY, MARCH 3

"Red Lacquer Nail Polish” — Jane and the team investigate the murder of an elderly heiress whose remains are found in the living room of her spooky mansion, on THE MENTALIST, at a special time, Sunday, March 3 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Mariette Hartley guest stars as Elise Vogelson, the heiress.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Mariette Hartley (Elise Vogelson)
Elizabeth Bogush (Alex Wiley)
Michael Gladis (Curtis Wiley)
Erick Avari (Dr. Lance Reinhardt)
Pranidhi Varshney (Nurse/Receptionist)
Vanessa Ray (Cayce Robins)
Lex Medlin (Chaplain Johnny Griffin)
Marlon Young (Burt Hader)
Ray Proscia (White Shoe Attorney)
David Figlioli (Building Manager)
Jack Plotnick (Brett Partridge)
Tacey Adams (Lissie Calhoun)

WRITTEN BY: Eoghan Mahony
DIRECTED BY: Geary McLeod

justlook3 Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 4:26 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Note they apparently changed their minds about the special time as the show is airing at it's normal 10pm time slot.

Wand612 Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 5:33 AM | Message # 3
Jillaroo

And the obvious question is, why did they change their minds? Is it pro or con or neutral for renewal?

bee Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 12:35 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

Another case with lots of twists and turns with numerous suspects, any one of whom could have committed the crime, plus a creepy mansion. Could be taken from an Agatha Christie murder mystery novel! Jane and Lisbon standing outside the Mansion with Jane saying "Ladies first", reminded me when he and Lisbon were about to enter that model home in Black Cherry late at night. He's such a gentleman....or should I say "scaredy cat"!

The re-emergence of Brett Partridge and his ghoulish description of the the scene is worrying. Not sure about him, he seems to have a more than normal delight in his work, but perhaps that's just his way. Jane doesn't seem to have any time for him, ignoring his behaviour and poking around the room looking for clues, as only Jane can. He's too young to be RJ and no charisma but could be connected in some way!

Balancing out the horror (spontaneous combustion (?), are Rigsby and Cho with their great interaction. I love these two, their banter is almost as good as that between Jane and Lisbon...almost. Rigsby being sad because his name wasn't specifically mentioned on Grace's postcard was so sweet and Cho being....well..Cho. I really love Cho with his no nonsense and straight to the point approach, telling Rigsby to find himself a date! The computer dating thing was hilarious with Rigsby making dates and not turning up....then those women showing up at the office...who by the way all looked similar to Grace in my opinion.

I didn't guess the outcome, although I was suspicious when I saw Elise on that video in that flashback, she is a well known actress and too good to have "played dead" so to speak!

Thought it funny when Alex Wiley blamed Lisbon for accusing her husband and then thanked Jane by hugging him....he's so uncomfortable with human contact and always looks to Lisbon for help. This, I fear, is the calm before the storm as Jane returns to the attic to pursue RJ! Lisbon's face said it all!

Best lines:
Jane: "Just about to learn how to drive her wild in 5 easy steps!"
Cho to Rigsby: "How long is it since you've had relations with a woman?"
Rigsby to Cho: "Recently".
Cho to Rigsby: "Lying again".
Rigsby to Cho: "I haven't met Miss Right yet, but I'm out there, on the prowl".
Jane to Lisbon: "I'm always happy to take a trip to the ocean".
Jane: "Mayday, girl overboard". (Note: Jane didn't dive in to save her!)

Good episode...can't wait for next week though......

Message edited by bee - Monday, 04-Mar-13, 4:51 PM

Peithon Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 7:08 PM | Message # 5
Rip Snorter

I don't know, this season, save for a handful of episodes, has been pretty disappointing so far. This was rather boring, I knew from the beginning the old lady wasn't dead and Rigsby and Cho talking about him dating was rather lame and went on too long. Criminal waste of Mariette Hartley. On the plus side, next week looks very good.

justlook3 Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 7:53 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

And the obvious question is, why did they change their minds? Is it pro or con or neutral for renewal?

I don't think it has anything to do with renewal. If I think about it, that decision must have been made a while ago as the promo video never mentioned a special time & it would have. It could have even been an error on the press release.

I have to agree with Peithon, this episode in particular was boring. I was suspicious of the death and then when they mentioned the other elderly lady I knew. And the online dating subplot was painful to watch. Though after seeing this I don't believe in the slightest that Brett Partridge is Red John. He's too young first off and secondly he's a ghoul and a creep but he's not a murderer. He doesn't have the backbone for it.
Next week's episode I hope is better than the CBS promo for it. The CTV makes it seem exciting. They've really got to work on the promos if they want the ratings to increase.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 10:25 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

Well, yes I agree, this episode will not become one my favourites...
but I don´t agree with Peithon in being dissappointed with this 5th season in general (no offense)!
In contrary I think we had a really great season with some outstanding episodes!
This ep. though was the weakest so far and I hope it won´t be topped in weakness..

Patridge appeared just to appear again, no special fun or clue.
I didn´t get the line about the human fat on the lightbulbs - probably a language thing - can any one help me out to understand this?

I must say, I did not realize the old lady wasn´t dead and I was wondering what Jane had in mind with the signal rocket,
I thought he wanted to convict the sailing girl for the murder.

The Cho/Rigsby-scene, when Wayne entered the dating-site I already saw him catching up with some really bad choice,
getting used and betrayed and what not - but it turned out he didn´t even meet one...
so they just wanted to tell us what we already knew: he is not able to date a woman because he´s not over VanPelt at all.

Looking forward to see Jane pursueing RJ next episode!

AgentM Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 10:42 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Well... still have suspicions about Partridge...He's older than he may appear, in my opinion ( most serial killers are aged between 25 and 55)...and the fact that they recycled locations - the same house was featured as the Renfrew residence in Red John's Friends ( maybe a clue!) - gives me the impression that there is more to come from Partridge. His part is building...he may seem like he has no charisma, but that is in his 'daily' persona - He seems to be gaining in confidence when Jane is around, and I love that Jane still considers him with contempt...I just can't shake the feeling that Partridge is gaining confidence because he sees that Jane hasn't got a clue about his possible alter ego...????

I agree that it wasn't the strongest episode they've ever done. but it was enjoyable, if a little bit predictable at times.

Quote (beautyfulbabyboy)
I didn´t get the line about the human fat on the lightbulbs - probably a language thing - can any one help me out to understand this?

I may be wrong, beautifulbabyboy but I think it something that is peculiar to cases of Spontaneous Human Combustion - the body burns at such high temperatures that the body fat melts and coats objects, like the glass of a bulb with a greasy residue...it's been a while since my X-File research days - so someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 11:34 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

You're right, that is what happens at a very high burn and the almost evaporating of body fat to settle on glass or glasslike objects. Brett Partridge can't be the guy, he was too obvious from the beginning and the fact that Jane has never shaken hands with him and always has treated him with utter contempt, RJ would not appreciate this and would have killed him already. Not my favorite episode, but Hey! We are all converging towards the finale and smashing episodes are in the making.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 05-Mar-13, 8:31 AM | Message # 10
True Blue

Thanks AgentM and sylvia5993 for your explanation.

well, I don´t like Partridge for RJ, too but his name is on Jane´s list...

Tina Date: Tuesday, 05-Mar-13, 9:59 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

It was not an extraordinary episode, but it was okay. I have to say, I'm absolutely not disappointed by this season. I love it. There were some really big episodes, and I'm sure next one is special too. And I already thought that this episode would not be a top one since next one seems to be VERY good. I really hope that Season 6 is not the final season, this show has still so much potential, and even if there is an episode not so entertaining, I still enjoy watching Simon being PJ. Could do this all day long. I don't need any story at all ...

Evy Date: Tuesday, 05-Mar-13, 10:01 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I agree with Peithon and Justloock3 : I found the episode banal and boring : a simple detective story of any series.
I thought that the old lady was hiding in the boat when the girl closed the door each time as to hide something (or someone !).
I find that there is not enough episodes with RJ until now. It's perhaps for this reason that the audience get bored. wink

Lena Date: Wednesday, 06-Mar-13, 1:03 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

A good episode, it was very funny to see Jane bored and even disgusted by reconstruction of facts about to spontaneous human combustion made by Partridge.
I also I don't think that Partridge is Red John. (I noticed that both Partridge and Rigbsy have heard of Elise Vogelson story from their respective mothers).
I found amusing when Jane was reading a magazine at the Medical Office of Dr Reinhardt and said: I was just learned how to drive her wild in five easy steps.
It was funny as Rigsby wanted to follow the advice of Cho about looking for another woman to forget Van Pelt and yes Bee I also found that all the women who Rigsby asked for a date looked similar to Van Pelt, especially the one with the green tshirt.
I didn't realize that was a Elise Vogelson plan and that she wasn't dead, but I was suspicious about Cayce Robins hiding something in the boat because she always closed the boat.
I loved so much when Jane has spoken in French and said “bon voyage" at the Elise Vogelson boat and also at the finale scene when he has spoken in Italian saying “ciao” to Lisbon.

Message edited by Lena - Wednesday, 06-Mar-13, 1:04 PM

Tina Date: Wednesday, 06-Mar-13, 4:05 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Yes it's great, he speaks in many languages. I was excited when he spoke German in other seasons. Twice.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 06-Mar-13, 5:23 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

I love his French accent love
As I have already said it: it is very musical

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 15 Red Lacquer Nail Polish (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz