Friday, 26-Apr-24, 10:50 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 17 Red White And Blue (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
17 Red White And Blue
Fran Date: Friday, 01-Mar-13, 0:24 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.17 Red, White And Blue

THE CBI TEAM INVESTIGATES WHEN THE BODY OF A FEMALE ARMY MEDIC WHO WORKED WITH SOLDIERS WITH PTSD IS FOUND NEAR A MILITARY BASE, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY MARCH 17

"Red, White and Blue” — The CBI team investigates when the body of a female army medic who worked with soldiers with PTSD is found near a military base on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, March 17 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT)on the CBS Television Network.
CHEAT TWEET: Can a witness with a bad memory help solve a case? Patrick Jane thinks so #TheMentalist Sunday 3/17 10PM http://bit.ly/XdGL5T

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Jim Holmes (Dr. Wilson Bowman)
Jesse Luken (Pete Coen)
Lily Nicksay (Rose Sutfin)
April Billingsley (Lucy Greene)
Eddie McClintock (Sgt. Hawkins)
Matt McTighe (Lt. Lewis)
Stephen Martines (Jacob Lettner)
Christina Carlisi (Denise)
Brad Blaisdell (Darrin Farr)
William Catlett (Patient)
Akiko Ann Morison (Speech Therapist)
Leana Chavez (Female Patient)
Armando Ortega (Gardener)
Sean McClay (Agent McClay)

WRITTEN BY: Tony Astrino
DIRECTED BY: Robbie Duncan McNeill

bee Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 11:33 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

This episode was a welcome relief from the angst of previous ones concerning "dark" Jane with no mention of RJ and, surprisingly, no hint of the inner turmoil between Jane and Lisbon! Has she forgiven him already? Here we saw the old, more caring Jane which showed that deep down he is not a bad person, but one who gets a little "lost" along the way sometimes perhaps?

However, the story did address and brought home the very real problems and difficulties many soldiers face after tours of duty and Jane's empathy with them, especially that of Pete Coen, was evident throughout.

So Jane finally found out that Lisbon played the clarinet. When did that happen?? Did he guess or did Lisbon finally relent and put him out of his misery? Loved their little duet at the beginning. Nice to see Jane a little happier!

Two stories here, the one of sexual harrassment by Lt. Lewis and the selling of prescription drugs by Dr Bowman who, for all his good work at the hospital, was a very shallow man, blaming his actions and his misfortune on his divorce! By the way I loved Cho's salute. Cute! As was Jane lying on that bench waiting for the taco van!

The final scene with Jane and Pete Coen I found quite emotional. Jane wanting to help Pete by explaining to him about his memory palace in order for him to regain some memory was touching. Jane even let him sit on HIS couch! Caring Jane is back once more!

Best Lines:

Jane: "I'm with her". (I notice he's saying this a lot lately).
Jane to Dr Bowman: "You're a silver-tongued devil".
Rigsby to Dr Bowman: "Look on the bright side, in prison you won't have to pay for dates".
Jane: "The man is begging for some thumb screws".

A good episode filler but I found it strange (but thankful) that after weeks of Jane's relentless worrying over the identity of RJ and the events of last week's climax, nothing was even mentioned about the outcome! We didn't even get to see Jane brooding in his attic!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 18-Mar-13, 11:59 AM

Evy Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 12:18 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

An episode with different tones. I felt a different atmosphere. Perhaps because it was written by a new writer ? (Tony Astrino)

Of humour despite the seriousness of the subject in this episode (especially when Jane and Lisbon sing at the beginning !).
But also a lot of respect and decency for these traumatized soldiers.
Jane so sweet and understanding with Pete.

I was afraid to be disappointed after the episode of last week. But no, it's really an interesting episode full of feelings. I liked it. heart

Peithon Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 1:39 PM | Message # 4
Rip Snorter

Rather disappointing episode. No fallout from the events of last week (where was dishevelled, disturbed Jane? The one that made season 3 great from the beginning?) Jane vs. the Army, so many fun possibilites wasted. No our invetigative team vs. your investigative team. Show seriously needs to do better, I actually fell asleep at the critical part of the episode where you find out who the killer is and have no desire to play it back to find out after it was over. That finale had better be great.

Green Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 5
Surfie

I didn't expect to like this episode, but I did. It had me from the moment of their adorable duet, (and solos- loved Jane's little dance) - True, it seemed completely unrelated to the flow of this season, lacked continuity, and we didn't get "closure" from last episode. This didn't bother me too much, as I missed cheerful Jane, missed his smile and joie de vivre. It was nice to have him back for a little while. I've noticed in past seasons they seem to show light hearted eps in the lead up to the finale, a breather before the angst as it were. I, too, wondered about the clarinet remark. Lisbon didn't deny it. I also liked how they thanked the troops. I'm sorry I didn't record it.

sorchauna Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 4:06 PM | Message # 6
Jillaroo

I do like the consistency of the Mentalist, the throwaway line of what instrument she played and Lisbon singing! Glad to see abit more of Cho by himself as he does seem to be getting abit more screen time! Also a difference to see Jane dealing with the Army, that was something new and dealt with some great themes within that about treatment of women in the army and the after effects of being an a war. It was nice to see Jane having fun and being cheerful cause really who can't get enough of Simon smiling!

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 4:18 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

At first I thought this episode was somewhat disappointing because it lacked the insanity/quirkiness that I love best about the show. But when I thought about it afterwards, I realized how nicely touching it was. Using your dead buddies to help you remember was an amazing touch. I want to watch it again on its own merits, and not on the basis of what I expected from it.

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 6:22 PM | Message # 8
Surfie

I love this episode! Love the compassionate Jane, I also think the case is interesting. Definitely an episode I want to rewatched. However, I agree putting this episode right after There Will Be Blood is rather strange.

Tish Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 9:09 PM | Message # 9
Blow-In

Just watched this episode and loved it. I like the see the caring Jane of season 1.
The actor playing the soldier with memory loss did a fantastic job, I got really into it.

A few fun moments too - again harking back to season 1.

Here's for hoping next week will bring more Red John clues.

bunnyt Date: Monday, 18-Mar-13, 11:56 PM | Message # 10
Jillaroo

I think this episode can be considered a sigh of relief after the last week: it's also in the tradition of the Mentalist to have a "light" episode after a Red John's...It's also the reason why I love this show!..It's able to join the drama with comedy in a beautiful way!

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 1:21 AM | Message # 11
Cobber

All very season 1. A really good episode and I loved how every character was made important in their own right. The Mentalist is at it's best when the murder acts as a framing device to peek into another world, in this case the military. I'm glad Suftin got justice in the end and I'm glad we left on a hopeful note for Pete.

Although, was this episode somehow aired out of order? This season has been so consistent up till this point, and it feels like this should've been before 5.16 and not after. The synopsis for 5.18 suggests a much more relevant follow-up.

Message edited by kul65 - Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 1:21 AM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 12:08 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I expected that nothing would be mentioned from last week's drama, Loralei's death ...it's very strange, but that's how it is on TM...I mean, PJ had obviously feelings for Loralei, and now she was killed by RJ and he doesn't show any reaction? And Lisbon, no word, no question how he was feeling ...strange.
But... I really loved the episode! I always like it when PJ is "mentalistic" (?), I love it when he does hypnosis. And the end, how he tries to explain the memory palace. I really liked it that Jane and Lisbon had a lot of scenes together. A very good episode. I'm looking forward to watch it again this evening.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 1:24 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

It was a very good episode, I liked the whole plot with some quite funny and emotional moments.
I loved so much when Jane and Lisbon have sung “Kansas City” at a crime scene, Jane smile was so bright. I like to see Jane lighter side and also when he speaks in another language like he did at the taco truck when he said "Gracias senor".
But in the whole episode Jane was also very sweet and I also love this side of his character. He seemed moved when he thanked all the soldiers at the hospital and I liked the way he helped Pete to remember. The last scene when he talks to Pete about his memory palace was very emotional for me and well-acted by both actors.

Message edited by Lena - Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 1:29 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 19-Mar-13, 5:34 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Sorry, this was unfortunately a snoozefest for me. I too opted to get some sleep since nothing was particularly engaging. The "Kansas City" at the onset was cute. however, I'm missing the disheveled brooding Jane, his newer clean cut barbered look is disconcerting what with all that has been happening this season. I know Bruno is going to bring it in with the finale but this reminded me of a throwback to season 3. I guess we all have our own opinions.

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 20-Mar-13, 7:59 AM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

While I agree that it did seem out of place, we should all expect that from The Mentalist. And every once in a while I miss season one. Dark does not necessarily equal good. I wasn't expecting much but I actually liked it. It didn't disappoint. The mystery was kinda lame but there was a rare sensitivity from Jane in this one. Jane sincerely thanking the brain injury group, the way he dealt with Pete with compassion and tried to help him, Jane demonstrating he and Lisbon's fitness for solving the case without being insufferable, these were all interesting developments. I liked that Cho who is ex-army dealt with the sexual harassment by helping Rose in a way that made sense in context. He appealed to Hawkins sense of duty and his need to back up his soldiers.
I really miss season one Jane. I think a lot of people do. We can't go back, he's done too much but a glimpse is nice from time to time.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 17 Red White And Blue (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz