Friday, 26-Apr-24, 7:15 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 21 Red And Itchy (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
21 Red And Itchy
justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 7:01 AM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

I do still wonder about why the tongue. But then I got to thinking about it, LaRoche's mother apparently begged for mercy and Saynay didn't listen. So it's possible LaRoche decided to take away his ability to beg for mercy himself. Still I honestly never would have thought of that.
I really liked this episode. Pruitt Taylor Vince is a heck of an actor. I felt so horrible for JJ in this episode. Asking if Jane considered him a friend. I liked too that they wrapped up two dangling storylines. I honestly thought that the writers would never revisit that box and that they really didn't know what was in it. And it sounds like that really was the case but Cerone just couldn't let it go.
And I was very happy that neither was connected with Red John. LaRoche had a personal tragedy and Brenda was a classic story of a life gone wrong.
Jimmy also posted a comment about Pruitt's status as being legally blind - it explained the eye movements in close up. Again I had no idea although I did find the rapidness of the movements odd.

I'd looked Vince up after the first time I saw a LaRoche episode because I recognized those movements. Vince has pathologic nystagmus which causes involuntary eye movements. It eventually leads to visual impairment. Many blind people also have it, including my mother who is completely blind in one eye (and has nystagmus in that eye). I instantly spotted it but if you didn't live with someone who has the condition you wouldn't really know what it was.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 8:54 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

I really love that one! For me the best of the last weeks. I loved the scenes with PJ and JJ and it reminded me so on Love from Ground Zero, when they were sitting in the cafe. Finally a more serious episode.
As for Simon's hair, I love it how it is, it's a bit longer again, but I also love the shorter cut. In my opinion it makes him look younger ...
But I always think that Simon looks a lot younger than PJ. Don't know what it is. Maybe the thick makeup and the outfit of Jane.
I'm really looking forward to the finale, but with a strange feeling since they said there is a major cliffhanger ...and also a bit sad that it's over again. This season went by so fast. And since there might only be one more ...don't even want to think about it. Just love this show so much.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 9:13 AM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Excellent episode !

It was easy to know Brenda was a mole (cf episode 5.12 "little red corvette") But not for RJ but for her personal interest. surprised

Reading again the thread "What's in Laroche's tupperware box ?" we were optimistic about something funny can be. But we all agreed that we would be surprised !
We can understand only at the end why JJ asks Patrick : "Do you think I'm a monster" ?

If you listen carefully, Saynay tries to pronounce "RED John" twice !. At the end. I'm sure !..... fear

Mcbabsi Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 10:12 AM | Message # 19
Jillaroo

Quote (Evy)
If you listen carefully, Saynay tries to pronounce "RED John" twice !. At the end. I'm sure !.....

I was wondering about that, because I didn't understand it...WHAT exactly is he trying to say?
And WHY isn't he writing any of this down???
confused

Fran Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 10:49 AM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Sorry, I understood what Saynay said, so stupidly assumed that everyone else would as well facepalm

I should have included these tweets from Jimmy:
How creepy is this scene? Saynay is so weird... anyone know what he's mumbling?
He actually says, "I can't talk."

ps I loved this episode, definitely one of my favourites this season, I watched it twice over straight away, haven't done that for a long time. I think Simon and Pruitt work brilliantly together.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 1:36 PM | Message # 21
Dinkie-Di

I loved this episode and how everything revolved around the enigma of the tupperware box of LaRoche, including Brenda as the mole of the CBI.
I also think that Simon and Pruitt are great together and I hope to see them work together again very soon. I liked all the scenes between Jane and LaRoche also because in all their conversations Jane pretended to know what was in the box.
The scene with LaRoche in the ambulance was very emotional, he looked very needed of help from Jane and it was nice that Jane helped him even if he he wanted to work on the Red John case, indeed at the beginning in the attic Jane appeared very nervous and seems he has a lots of thoughts about Red John.
I liked also the funny moments like Rigby with La Roche's little dog in his arms and the little dog who growled to Lisbon, Rigsby and Van Pelt talking with the Prison administrator.

The contents of the tupperware box really surprised me because I had no idea what was in it.
I liked the final episode with Jane that needs to be left alone without any distractions and he come out of his room only until he will have clues on Red John and Lisbon who realized what was inside the tupperware box.

Message edited by Lena - Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 1:40 PM

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 8:08 PM | Message # 22
Rip Snorter

Speaking of Cerone, who IMHO is right up their with Heller as a writer, he has created his own series for Canadian TV called Motive. ABC has picked it up in the US for Thursdays at 9PM for the Summer and I saw their commercial, 'From the Executive Producer of The Mentalist...' I'll be checking that one out. Like Columbo, the culprit is revealed at the beginning of the show.

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 10:32 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

Interesting find Peithon, thanks....guess we'll have to wait and see if any channel in the UK picks it up. Failing that, I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the internet. And I agree with your comment about Cerone's writing prowess. If Bruno is Batman, then Daniel is definitely Robin. (and I don't mean Tunney!...Maybe I should have used the tag The Boy Wonder instead..,dang, no - that would be Patrick Jane!....) tongue What the heck - They are like the Lennon and McCartney of the TV writing world!

Peithon Date: Wednesday, 01-May-13, 0:48 AM | Message # 24
Rip Snorter

Cerone would be Green Lantern biggrin Have to keep it in DC comic world

Evy Date: Wednesday, 01-May-13, 12:03 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

FRAN
I should have included these tweets from Jimmy:
How creepy is this scene? Saynay is so weird... anyone know what he's mumbling?
He actually says, "I can't talk."

If it's a tweet from Jimmy you're absolutly right Fran ! But I find, listening again, it's very ambiguous ! wink

June Date: Wednesday, 01-May-13, 5:03 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

How a question “What’s inside the tupperware?” becomes a story of trust, respect, shared grief, even affection between two people apparently so different but with a special relationship. We know finally what’s inside but after seeing this astonishing episode, who cares? I love the interaction between Laroche and Jane throughout the episode. These actors know each other so well! I can’t help thinking in “Love from ground zero”, these two have a lot of chemistry. I don’t get tired of seeing them together and I hope the writers either.
One of the best episodes ever, full of great moments, Daniel Cerone is one of the best and never disappoints.

Tina Date: Friday, 03-May-13, 12:16 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

I watched a few times now and this is definately one of my favorites. I really don't understand the many negative comments about this episode on another Simon fansite ... i really stop reading there anything now cry ! It's not the first time I'm angry about comments there.
This is really why I'm so happy about this group here! Real fans who respect Simon and love TM.

angel Date: Monday, 13-May-13, 9:04 PM | Message # 28
Cobber

Loved this episode. Jane looking worried at the start then comes out and its usual case solving. Didn't Rigsby look lovely holding jj dog. Then owain loves animals so that would have been so easy for him. Laughed when it screeched at lisbon and the way she jumped back. Poor jj in ambulance asking jane for help. You could see it was so hard and when he told jane he didn't realise he was a puppet to him and jane said he never thought of him that way. Then jj asking if he was a friend and got no reply. Actualy i got the feeling jane did actualy want to say yes but could not say anything.

Such a great episode with lot of laughs. Yes janes quip about sexy spinster lisbon. Grace face when they went to visit prison warden you could tell that she would rather they throw away the key not give them parole. Good on ya Grace. So love jj and jane walking talking about rubbing jj belly jane goes 'not that i wouldn't want to'. So funny.

But poor jj again when jane and him went looking for tupperware and jj holds gun to a suspect which turns out was just a father with lunchbox. Oh dear. I really felt for jj this episode.

But the sting with Brenda was brilliant. I was wondering what they were doing and so loved how they caught her out. Turns out it was all about the power and she had nothing to do with Red John. Good to see Karl getting his own line in the show. When jane returns the tupperware to jj the looks between them and the few words. So wonderful. I really want to see Pruitt a regular for s6.

The interrogation of Brenda was very emotional. Wow wasn't jane really hard on his reading of her. Simon at his best, you almost felt sorry for her.

Laugh when jane went to attic and told lisbon he wants to be completely alone. So she traces jj mother rapist and OMG what an eerie scent but the ending and look on lisbon face when she realises that it was the rapists tongue in the tupperware. sent chills down my spine. utterly brilliant episode and so sets me up for the finale next week.

AgentM Date: Monday, 13-May-13, 9:55 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Couldn't help but watch it again... tongue

Does anyone else think that there was a hint of chemistry between Lisbon and the reporter guy? I think they looked good together, he suited her. Maybe he'll appear in a future episode. I know the shippers wouldn't like it, but there's nothing wrong with Lisbon letting her hair down once in a while a la Mashburn. wink

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 14-May-13, 11:09 AM | Message # 30
Cobber

Not sure I saw the chemistry with Lisbon, but I definitely picked up on the 'recurring' vibe. Would be nice to see him zoom in on the team and perhaps try to uncover the scandals caused by Jane. Even more so if he, say, ties into the Red John arc trying to pin responsibility on Jane for the upped killing rate. smile

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 21 Red And Itchy (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz