Friday, 29-Mar-24, 1:21 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 22 Red John's Rules (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Red John's Rules
sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 0:18 AM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

I think Rj has now thrown the gauntlet and is no longer teasing. He very realistically propounds that either one or the other will be dead in the near future. Watching reruns of the first season, one can tell the toll taken on the actors in the 5 years. I think, those of us vested in this series have also undergone trauma. Can we survive season 6?

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 0:32 AM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Agent M I too wondered about the happy memory that Patrick has that was now despoiled by RJ. Do you think that he may have confided in Sophie Miller when she was his therapist, they do use this method of going into your mind to find a safe and happy time to calm down fears. Perhaps, she kept noted that RJ was able to purloin, since he seems to be able to get into anyone's secret files. Or maybe Angela kept a diary and had this private tidbit in there. I don't think RJ is psychic, just devious and smart, like PJ.

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 8:50 AM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

Quote (sylvia5993)
Do you think that he may have confided in Sophie Miller when she was his therapist

You know what, sylvia...she did cross my mind too! PJ's happy memory could have been used to calm him down in that initial period in the 'locked room' --- and if she had used some form of hypnosis on him in his vulnerable state, I guess there is the possibility that he may not think he has told anybody about the memory. Maybe Sophie Miller has been influenced into becoming one of RJ's minions after her encounter with Jane (I don't believe she could have been wokring with him at the time of PJ's breakdown) I think it may have happened later.

I don't believe RJ is psychic either, just exceptionally clever and cunning.

Lena Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 4:27 PM | Message # 19
Dinkie-Di

Great episode, especially how has changed the states of mind from the beginning to the end of the episode.
Lisbon who went at Jane's attic at the beginning with Jane enthusiastic and a lot tired because finally he had the suspects about Red John identity and at the finale Jane who was upset by content of the video of Lorelei that confirmed that Red John is still a step ahead of him.

I loved the interaction between Jane and Lisbon in this episode, they seem more close each other and Lisbon is the only which Jane trusts.
I wonder if with this finale things will change, because I remember that it's not the first time that Red John threatened all people dear to Jane. Also Bret Stiles in the third season speaking about Kristina Frye with Jane told him that seems that Red John wants to eliminate everything and everyone to which Jane cares and also Jane in the first episode of the third season wanted to leave the team because he said that when someone is close to him happens something bad.
It's interesting how Red John would know so many things about Jane and this made me think of Kirkland who drank the thing of Jane and knows that Jane has been in the psychiatric hospital, but I still doubt that he might be Red John.
I also thought about Sophie Miller could be linked in some way to Red John and maybe unconsciously Jane told her much of his childhood.
I noticed that in this episode Partridge has not disputed with Jane like did in the others episodes and also Lisbon has not raised objection when Jane said to her to leave let go Roddy.
I think that Sean Barlow's character is very interesting, he seems to read very well into people and Jane was unable to read him and I thought that was very strange when he said to Jane that Red John has real powers and that he controls his mind, it seems like he know a lot about Red John.
I have to see this episode yet to find more clues.

Message edited by Lena - Tuesday, 07-May-13, 4:33 PM

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 5:26 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

I thought SB knocked it out of the park in this episode. So much said in his face.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 5:52 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Definately one of the big episodes. Different like last year's finale. Not so much action.
But I really love the episode. I've seen it only once because itunes was very late yesterday. Can't wait to watch again now when I get home.
And I can't wait for next season! I so love this show.
I always like to see PJ and Lisbon, and there were many great scenes in this episode. I have my doubts about some of the names being RJ, but I could imagine Kirkland, maybe Ray Haffner ...Brett Stiles would be a guess for me, but the shape of the man we saw in the finale of Season 2 seems to be more slim ...I don't know. I really don't know who is RJ ... it's going to be a LONG summer!

angel Date: Monday, 20-May-13, 5:28 PM | Message # 22
Cobber

Well what can i say. It wasn't the usual action packed like prev finale but that made it so much better. I was glued to this finale wanting to know what came next. Loved it. Opening and patrick hiding under his coat on couch then to be woken and off to a gruesome scene. God i hate csi guy and loved how calmly firmly jane dismissed him. The clues kept cropping up to show him path. Eerie jane knows it was rj as he can feel him. Funny scene car why jane cant give list to lisbon as she give it way. The 3 things he knows bout her. Going back to old stomping ground. Jane not fooled knowing what not being said. Barlow god how eerie. Yes he tells lisbon she lies in bed thinking bout jane but jane was so serious and just ignored it. Man with things on his mind. I dont think barlow is real. Then jane telling lisbon bout his happy memory and sayin its as if rj just reached in and took it way. God that sent shivers down me and simon again with the magnificent facial expression says it all. Loved cho n rigsby in car talking about that he had sex with grace. Cho as usual to the point and so funny. Chase scene was well done. Loved the deceptive phonecalls between jane n grace to set trap for killer. She knows exactly what jane wants. Teamwork. And catching the killer which sort by now could guess who it was. Bit dissapointed with giacomo role. Just not lot there and her suicide did not do anything whatsoever for me. Wish there was more grace in field. But the end tape was a blinder. God it had me on edge and way jane broke cd in one hand no problem. This has really grinded him and not sure how he will be in s6. This was a wonderful epis and very intelligently written and acted. Loved it totaly. Lived the song at end which went well with all actors concerned. Lovely few minutes watching all ponder on their thoughts. Great end to i think one of the best seasons. This show gets better n better. Roll on s6.

Juney Date: Tuesday, 21-May-13, 5:18 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

Surely some of the people on the list would have been too young to have killed Patrick's family? Eight or nine years ago wasn't it?

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 21-May-13, 7:41 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Juney, I don't know which of them is the youngest, but I'm guessing that they're all late 30s to late 40s (+ in Bret Stiles' case) ... I believe Red John started killing in 1998 - 15 years ago - probably in his 20s - therefore they could all be viable suspects. Some of them look younger than they actually are.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 21-May-13, 10:27 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

As Patrick told Lisbon, they were near the RJ killings, he doesn't mention the barn, Visualize nor age or description according to RJ's blind lover, only location. However, He would not have considered the 7 if they were not viable suspects. We just have to wait through the Summer, bummer!

Juney Date: Wednesday, 22-May-13, 10:29 AM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Definitely a bummer. You're both probably right about ages too.

Juney Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 4:11 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Of course Kirkland had PJ's memory board so would know the way Patrick's mind was working so maybe could work out his seven names. I hadn't really given him serious thought until now. dry

AgentM Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 7:20 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

I really don't think Kirkland is RJ...but it's possible he could be a minion - I'm not completely convinced. Yes...he had copies of the board that Patrick left for him...methinks the smile he gave when he realised that his eyrie had been broken into meant that he'd deliberately planted some false info on the board for any 'thought burglars' to find...also that he was getting close enough for someone to check out his findings.

That said, it does beg the question - how did RJ come by Jane's list? wacko

Message edited by AgentM - Saturday, 25-May-13, 7:22 PM

Juney Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 11:24 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

I don't actually think it is Kirkland, but I was just thinking it through. I think probably a minion as you said AgentM.

Evy Date: Sunday, 26-May-13, 3:33 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

Today, in France, was rebroadcast episode 1.11 (Red John's Friends) in which a convicted murderer who promises to PJ that he will give him information on Red John once released.

At the end of the episode he was killed by RJ in Mexico. On the wall is written in blood: "he is MAR " This could mean "marshal" = sheriff = MacAllister ?

What do you think ? killed

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 22 Red John's Rules (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz